Kozz

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a small crack in my windshield that is coming from the lower driver side corner. Not from a stone (no mark from outside). Not sure if this a warranty type issue (it was so small I didn’t notice when I picked up vehicle in December). I hate to change the windshield if it doesn’t grow. Just looking for an opinion on pursuing this and if it’s a known issue with Sport.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have a small crack in my windshield that is coming from the lower driver side corner. Not from a stone (no mark from outside). Not sure if this a warranty type issue (it was so small I didn’t notice when I picked up vehicle in December). I hate to change the windshield if it doesn’t grow. Just looking for an opinion on pursuing this and if it’s a known issue with Sport.
This is one of those things that will NOT get better with time. The sooner you take it back for service the better. If there are no chips near the crack it should be covered under warranty.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm with Mark on this one. At the very least, get it documented with a visit for when it gets worse, because it will eventually spread.

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Good luck with that. The Ford bot that chimes in here said theybwould help to get it repaired. No such luck! It was easier to give Safelite the 50 bucks and it was fixed.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
If I need a windshield, I'll go with OEM. If my insurance company says no. PPG, PGW, Carlite or Pilkington glass replacement will be the choice.
Safelite stopped making their own windshields. I would go with Safelite only if they install FYG (Fuyao) glass which is a company they use. I have seen Fuyao OEM Hyundai windshields.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Kozz

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Thanks but I stopped by dealer today, they’ve ordered a new windshield under warranty. They confirmed the crack was between the glass layers and not an external issue.
Sponsored