Who makes the best small front mud guards?

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Who makes the best Small front mud guards?
Sponsored

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
These are Ford mud flaps that I paid a little over $100 for. I painted in the lettering with acrylic paint. The mud flaps fit snuggly to the form of the fender.
Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? IMG_E0129.JPG

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are Ford mud flaps that I paid a little over $100 for. I painted in the lettering with acrylic paint. The mud flaps fit snuggly to the form of the fender.
Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? IMG_E0129.JPG
The lettering looks good. Nice job but I'm looking for a smaller molded set for just the front. Just to keep the lower plastic along the door bottoms protected.

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
The set came with four mud flaps and the front is a lot smaller. I don't have a picture on file of those mud flaps and I am not going outside to take a picture since it is raining pretty heavily right now.

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just checking out the Weathertech guards and installation. Although I'm not the biggest Weathertech fan they are close to what I'm looking for. The install couldn't be simpler either. Maybe a 5 minute job.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just checking out the Weathertech guards and installation. Although I'm not the biggest Weathertech fan they are close to what I'm looking for. The install couldn't be simpler either. Maybe a 5 minute job.
Pics please when installed.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I know you're looking for a smaller set, but the Gatorbacks are just so darn durable. I've used and abused this set for over 25k miles both on my old Big Bend and my Badlands and they still look new.

Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? 20221106_081519

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I put weather tech on mine. Install was super easy, but could be way easier if you either have small hands or take the tire off. I was lazy and just fought them on with the tire in place.

That being said, I'll give a warning to watch out for. My driver's front doesn't fit super snug up against the fender contour. Not really noticable unless you notice it, then it glares at ya everytime you look. On that same one, the little C-clip thing that snaps over and holds the top in place came off and disappeared after about a week. I ended up just drilling a hole through it and the fender lip plastic and sticking a plastic retainer in there. 3/4 of them haven't budged a bit so I may have just gotten a wonky clip or something. Overall though I've been satisfied with them and I'd order them again.

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put weather tech on mine. Install was super easy, but could be way easier if you either have small hands or take the tire off. I was lazy and just fought them on with the tire in place.

That being said, I'll give a warning to watch out for. My driver's front doesn't fit super snug up against the fender contour. Not really noticable unless you notice it, then it glares at ya everytime you look. On that same one, the little C-clip thing that snaps over and holds the top in place came off and disappeared after about a week. I ended up just drilling a hole through it and the fender lip plastic and sticking a plastic retainer in there. 3/4 of them haven't budged a bit so I may have just gotten a wonky clip or something. Overall though I've been satisfied with them and I'd order them again.
That's my main beef with WeatherTech products. Not always the best QC. When I first got my F150 I bought a set of "No Drill" WeatherTech guards for it. Well, one of them came without the holes for the clips in it. I had to make the hole myself to install it. They weren't on very long because I needed clearance for larger wheels and tires.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
That's my main beef with WeatherTech products. Not always the best QC. When I first got my F150 I bought a set of "No Drill" WeatherTech guards for it. Well, one of them came without the holes for the clips in it. I had to make the hole myself to install it. They weren't on very long because I needed clearance for larger wheels and tires.
This thread got me thinking about it in the middle of the night so I decided to see what I could do about it this morning. Ended up being the plastic rocker panel piece attached to the bottom of the fender was slightly off from the factory which threw the alignment of the flap off. Wasn't able to get it perfect without really digging into it but I was able to get it into position better so the mud flap would snug up a little better. I'll try to attach pics of both drivers and passenger fronts for ya.

Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? PXL_20230714_140101855

Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? PXL_20230714_140114687

OP
OP
Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you fixed it. That would drive me nuts too.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It seems you aren't the only one. I was going to buy these until I saw the front fit in this short video. Seems you have the same fit issue.

LawDog

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 Supercrew 2010 Expedition 2001 Bullitt
I got a set from Amazon for a ton less than the factory ones. Only put the fronts on because the rears just look goofy. Fit great.
Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? IMG_8891
Ford Bronco Sport Who makes the best small front mud guards? IMG_8890
Sponsored