nateG533

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Question for the Yucca rack folks : Are you able to mount Thule/Yakima "toy" accessories to it easily? Like the Thule Hull-a-port for kayaks, or Snowsport carrier for skis/boards?

I love the look of the Yucca racks, but have to be real with myself before purchasing that I'm much more likely to haul toys and the occasional cargo box rather than mounting recovery boards/shovels/spare wheel etc up top.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Question for the Yucca rack folks : Are you able to mount Thule/Yakima "toy" accessories to it easily? Like the Thule Hull-a-port for kayaks, or Snowsport carrier for skis/boards?

I love the look of the Yucca racks, but have to be real with myself before purchasing that I'm much more likely to haul toys and the occasional cargo box rather than mounting recovery boards/shovels/spare wheel etc up top.
I don't have the yucca rack but when I researched, it said that most t-slot attachments from Yakima and Thule would work.

YamYam

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

I haven’t tried but the Tslot bars are 3030. They accept 1/4-20 or 6mm bolts. If that helps any. Can always contact yucca they’re quite helpful and responsive

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey all,
Starting a thread for all options of roof racks. If you have one please post a pic and share the manufacturer info! Tells us what your loving or hating about it.

Rhino rack pioneer platform in 2 sizes:
60x49” recommended on rhinorack.com
76x49” I think fits the size of the roof better and gives a good overhang to mount a light bar to the rack (next upgrade)

60x49 rhino rack with low pro SX legs
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 5E078A7D-65F4-476A-A1D3-ED3D6D715667
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 2F069E22-F648-4101-932F-0867D4C9AC15

76x49 rhino rack with low pro sx legs

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 111C4BB2-480E-49C1-9FB2-0A3B4FF4D587

sx100 legs
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 12C7FFAE-924C-470D-B13D-8F5C0C6E2E4B
REally like the low profile of those Rhino-Rack mounts. I went with Yakima timberline and Aerobars and while I have no doubt they are good and capable and versitile....I don't like that they sit kinda high.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So many cool options out there.... I opted for Thule 450R feet attached to the factory rails with some Thule wing evo-bars... a bit pricey, but offers nice features and a secure platform.

Then attached an Amazon roof rack made by a company called MPH Production universal rack. Its well built with some complaints on shoddy tac welds for some of the cross members...but luckily I had no issues on my sample and just sprayed the rack over with some plastic-dip to help impeded any pre-mature oxidation.

At $200 for the larger option I am happy with this. I looked at platform racks from Rhino, and Yakima... but most of these were coming in at $780 to $1200...eek!

While this does not have the open channels of using t-bolts to attach gear with.. I'll make do with buggy cording anything I add on-top and save the $700 or more...for gas, lol.

As described above this will allow for no issues opening your moon-roof if you have that on your Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_6558 2

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_6560 2

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_6562 2

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_6563 2

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
REally like the low profile of those Rhino-Rack mounts. I went with Yakima timberline and Aerobars and while I have no doubt they are good and capable and versitile....I don't like that they sit kinda high.
You can attach the the Yakima LnL platform direct to raised rails. You need the timberline towers with the SL adapter

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can attach the the Yakima LnL platform direct to raised rails. You need the timberline towers with the SL adapter
Hmm, swap out the crossbars and use the towers for the flat rack. That would be nice.

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
We have the Hobbs Off-Road rack (not sure if they are even still making it). We were helping Hobbs with this rack and love it. This rack fits to the vehicle without having to remove anything, bolts right to the roof and give us the ability to store our recovery gear and some tools on top, as well as add some lights for at night.

Here are a couple pics of it and the video we made on the install of it.

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack image0

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.00.01 PM.JPEG

Oban

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We have the Hobbs Off-Road rack (not sure if they are even still making it). We were helping Hobbs with this rack and love it. This rack fits to the vehicle without having to remove anything, bolts right to the roof and give us the ability to store our recovery gear and some tools on top, as well as add some lights for at night.

Here are a couple pics of it and the video we made on the install of it.

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack image0

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.00.01 PM.JPEG
I’ve been debating this or the Yucca

galavoxx

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've been looking at the Hobbs as well, but their site says they are not taking orders. Has anyone ordered one recently?

SoCal Warrior

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Reese basket with no name Ebay crossbars. Stupid easy install and not much wind noise. Didn't spend crazy money and I think it looks good with the fairing. Also sort of hid the RC light bar.

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_20220414_170946318

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_20220414_171006859

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack IMG_20220414_170920895
I like it. Mine came with the factory bars and I was wondering what sort of rack would fit. All I had seen were on other name brand
bars.
What’s the model/style number?

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack BA153588-C1CE-4922-82CF-C94A952F53F0

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Love the trailer, what brand and weight please? Thanks in advanc
It's a T@B 320S Boondock by NuCamp. Right at the max @ 2,000 pounds. Wouldn't tow it in the Rockies with the Sport but here in the Northeast is no problem.
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack inside2

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
is there anyone using Thule Wingbar 60"?

Thule seems have not recommendation on length for the BS. I saw Yakima show 60".

I'd like to have some portion extends beyond the feet (connecting to the roof rail) so I can mount additional items.

thanks!
Sponsored