Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My son unscrewed mine, telling me I need to get a shorty. Has no significance to me. The stock is OK. But, it definitely unscrews.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Glad you all tested it out, we have to take it off for the kayak and need a shorter one for future trips.

NJBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
does the shark fin antenna has anything to do with the cell connectivity for remote start and the like ?
I replaced my antenna a month or so ago with this one: https://www.amazon.com/CravenSpeed-Stubby-Antenna-Ranger-2019-2020/dp/B081QN854G/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=antenna+for+2021+ford+bronco+sport&qid=1632320391&sr=8-6

Ford Bronco Sport Shorter Antenna Stubby

It's 2" long. The factory antenna unscrewed easily using just one hand and this one screwed on perfectly.

I lost no connectivity with Sirius satellite radio, but I'm sure that uses a different antenna. I did lose some range with AM/FM OTA radio stations, but I almost never listen to them anyway and I put the old antenna in the center console for emergency use. I lost no connectivity with my WiFi or with my FordPass program connecting.

All in all, I'm happy with it.

Underdog1991

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
I replaced my antenna a month or so ago with this one: https://www.amazon.com/CravenSpeed-Stubby-Antenna-Ranger-2019-2020/dp/B081QN854G/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=antenna+for+2021+ford+bronco+sport&qid=1632320391&sr=8-6

Ford Bronco Sport Shorter Antenna Stubby

It's 2" long. The factory antenna unscrewed easily using just one hand and this one screwed on perfectly.

I lost no connectivity with Sirius satellite radio, but I'm sure that uses a different antenna. I did lose some range with AM/FM OTA radio stations, but I almost never listen to them anyway and I put the old antenna in the center console for emergency use. I lost no connectivity with my WiFi or with my FordPass program connecting.

All in all, I'm happy with it.
For a good chuckle, check out the Stubby installation video embedded in this link.

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry, but I think you left out the link.
I think it is in reference to the video included with the images in the Amazon link. Weird, lol.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I tried the Stubby Jr earlier this year - I ended up returning it because the reception with it was much poorer than the stock antenna. I live in the DC metro area and had a hard time picking up HD radio stations with it, and whenever I was in a parking garage (even above ground) I would get static.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I tried the Stubby Jr earlier this year - I ended up returning it because the reception with it was much poorer than the stock antenna. I live in the DC metro area and had a hard time picking up HD radio stations with it, and whenever I was in a parking garage (even above ground) I would get static.
Basic RF theory dictates it'll likely be a pretty poor antenna compared to stock ... but sometimes low-profile is all you can fit (oversized platform / tent folks, for example).

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Why would this stubby antenna have worse reception than the whale tail design I had on my '17 MKC and '19 Edge? I put the stubby on my '14 Escape and my wife's '20 Ecosport with no problems.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I put the stubby one on because the oem one touched my roof basket. Fits well, looks good. No idea about reception. I’ve never used the radio
Sponsored