dtodd

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Anyone found a shorter shark fin antenna? Or a way to shorten the factory one?

Our new '22 Big Bend will not fit in our ridiculously low garage and my wife is not happy about that! With the AM/FM antenna taken off the shark fin is still 3/4" too high. Fin can't be cut down and modified without destroying the electroincs inside. My searches have not found an aftermarket replacement that is short enough.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Anyone found a shorter shark fin antenna? Or a way to shorten the factory one?

Our new '22 Big Bend will not fit in our ridiculously low garage and my wife is not happy about that! With the AM/FM antenna taken off the shark fin is still 3/4" too high. Fin can't be cut down and modified without destroying the electroincs inside. My searches have not found an aftermarket replacement that is short enough.

Any ideas?
I have a garage door that is only laughingly low and the BS just fits with the lift. I was just wondering if you had looked into making an adjustment to the garage door that would allow it to open another inch or so.

I think the thread that @thekingprawn linked is only about the AM/FM “stick” antennae, not about the shark fin antennae.

OP
OP

dtodd

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a garage door that is only laughingly low and the BS just fits with the lift. I was just wondering if you had looked into making an adjustment to the garage door that would allow it to open another inch or so.

I think the thread that @thekingprawn linked is only about the AM/FM “stick” antennae, not about the shark fin antennae.
Oh yeah! I've looked at modifying the entry, but this is a barrier island house built on stilts. "Garage" is just an enclosed area underneath with hurricane shutters for doors. Even a Cat 4+ hurricane didn't move that door!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's not sand under there? Dig it out...? But if if is sand, I'd be afraid of it coming in underneath and raising the "floor" such that even if successfully parked in there and left, that I'd be scraping on the way back in one day.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Take it all OFF, fill and refinish the hole; re-install at the end of a longer cable and add a magnetic base. Then thread it out the window and onto the roof for use when you're hitting the road.

OP
OP

dtodd

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I like the remote location idea tRex! I'll work on that!

Yoahn1971

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
“The Stubby” off of Amazon works great.
4 inches tall
Ford Bronco Sport Shark fin antenna too tall! EE46BADC-6625-47CE-8094-E9BB887246B9

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“The Stubby” off of Amazon works great.
4 inches tall
Ford Bronco Sport Shark fin antenna too tall! EE46BADC-6625-47CE-8094-E9BB887246B9
But that is not the Shark Fin antennae. That is mounted to the back of the Shark Fin.
Sponsored