First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Slimy dealer/ salesperson for sure. That said, I would never make an hour drive to look at a vehicle unless I had discussed pricing. If they won’t talk numbers and send an email or other documentable form confirming the numbers, then it’s a non-starter for me. $5K markup on these is insane. Yes, they’re in demand, but it’s not like they won’t have parts caught up and Sports back into full production in the coming months. Dealers asking more for a Base with a few add-ons than MSRP of a fully loaded Badlands is just sickening...
Production problems low supply going to be going on for foreseeable future. But not forever. I think these Sports are overpriced as is and paying over sticker just more over priced. But lower prices aint coming any time soon...
Sponsored

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Definitely sorry to hear that. When I ordered my Badlands last year, I called my local Ford dealership and told them I can make my order go anywhere in the country with it but would only bring business to them at MSRP. It was 2020 so with everything going on it took em' a whole hour to call me back to say they'd honor it.

Fast forward

My previous salesman decided to go to finance and I got a new guy that called me last month telling me that my bronco should be in next week. My first question to him was obviously, "and I'm paying MSRP, right?" He took a second to think and then said he'd have to talk to his manager about that since my particular dealership was marking them up 4k. Didn't hear from him the rest of the day or evening. Was kinda dreading when I had to call him back the next day...But, he called me first in the morning and gave me the good news that they see where my order was for MSRP and my previous salesman did me solid. The really funny thing is he turned out to be the guy I saw in finance. So if either one is reading which they said they do watch the forum:

Clay & Dusty, you guys Rock.

BaseOrBust

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus
Hey guys just thought I would come share my story. I put my order in shortly after sunroofs became unavailable so I have been searching for my dream bronco hoping maybe one would pop up at a dealer. So today was the day. I found one about an hour away in New Hampshire (I live in MA). I was corresponding with a rep for 2-3 hours letting them know I was very interested. They wouldn’t allow me to put a deposit “to give others fair chance” so I immediately changed my plans and hopped in the car to make the ride giddy the whole way dreaming about my dream car. Immediately upon arrival I was met with “oh were you told this vehicle is being sold for 5k over MSRP???” NOPE I was not. I would not have driven over an hour to be swindled. Needless to say I am heartbroken that I will not be getting my dream bronco. Just yet at least.. but wanted to share this awful experience with you all. And I did already contact Ford as well as I know they do not appreciate dealers trying to take advantage of their customers.
Might be worth it to look for dealers who use Acceleride, so that you can buy online and not have to deal with any hassles or last minute upcharges.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
When mine eventually comes in my expectations is dealer will sell it to me at the price they quoted prior to me ordering. I have that price out the door on the road in the PDF they sent me. The price is MSRP minus $500 rebate minus another $500 so $1,000 off MSRP. That is a high price so I am definitely not paying higher then high. They wanna play the I can sell it over MSRP to the highest bidder game I will be see ya and order a '22 from another dealer.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
When mine eventually comes in my expectations is dealer will sell it to me at the price they quoted prior to me ordering. I have that price out the door on the road in the PDF they sent me. The price is MSRP minus $500 rebate minus another $500 so $1,000 off MSRP. That is a high price so I am definitely not paying higher then high. They wanna play the I can sell it over MSRP to the highest bidder game I will be see ya and order a '22 from another dealer.
I would expect everything you said minus that rebate. I called around to a few dealerships after my new guy told me Ford wasn't doing rebates on any model other than...I think he said Escape? Can't remember now. But everywhere I called confirmed. What's that other mystery $500?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I would expect everything you said minus that rebate. I called around to a few dealerships after my new guy told me Ford wasn't doing rebates on any model other than...I think he said Escape? Can't remember now. But everywhere I called confirmed. What's that other mystery $500?
Ford is offering $500 rebate on all Bronco Sports though early July at least in my zip code. Its on the Ford web site and many local dealers show the $500 rebates for the ones they have listed. My dealer gave an additional $500 "discount". I did not ask for that additional discount they offered it and I accepted. I did not try and get a lower price I took what they voluntarily offered to me. My dealer said they are going to honor the $500 rebate even if Ford takes it away. But dealer said if a larger rebate were to come I would get the higher of the two. Higher rebate nope not gonna see that.

GWGorham71

Big Bend
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
some of the dealers here around the twin cities marked up their sports by 1000. not cool... (not the one I bought mine at)

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
some of the dealers here around the twin cities marked up their sports by 1000. not cool... (not the one I bought mine at)
You're actually pretty lucky then. Most dealers are like 4k and up.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford is offering $500 rebate on all Bronco Sports though early July at least in my zip code. Its on the Ford web site and many local dealers show the $500 rebates for the ones they have listed. My dealer gave an additional $500 "discount". I did not ask for that additional discount they offered it and I accepted. I did not try and get a lower price I took what they voluntarily offered to me. My dealer said they are going to honor the $500 rebate even if Ford takes it away. But dealer said if a larger rebate were to come I would get the higher of the two. Higher rebate nope not gonna see that.
Well...that's disconcerting. Wonder if they took advantage of me. If it's on the site, seems they would have to honor that regardless of zip/state/city/county whatever. Not super pissed as I didn't pay over MSRP but... that's weird they all said the same.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Well...that's disconcerting. Wonder if they took advantage of me. If it's on the site, seems they would have to honor that regardless of zip/state/city/county whatever. Not super pissed as I didn't pay over MSRP but... that's weird they all said the same.
I dont know if $500 rebate is regional or nation wide. But it on Fords web site.

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks, Honda CB1100
Hey guys just thought I would come share my story. I put my order in shortly after sunroofs became unavailable so I have been searching for my dream bronco hoping maybe one would pop up at a dealer. So today was the day. I found one about an hour away in New Hampshire (I live in MA). I was corresponding with a rep for 2-3 hours letting them know I was very interested. They wouldn’t allow me to put a deposit “to give others fair chance” so I immediately changed my plans and hopped in the car to make the ride giddy the whole way dreaming about my dream car. Immediately upon arrival I was met with “oh were you told this vehicle is being sold for 5k over MSRP???” NOPE I was not. I would not have driven over an hour to be swindled. Needless to say I am heartbroken that I will not be getting my dream bronco. Just yet at least.. but wanted to share this awful experience with you all. And I did already contact Ford as well as I know they do not appreciate dealers trying to take advantage of their customers.
I can completely relate, the Outer Banks that I wanted was up at a dealer near me in Tarpon Springs. I went through their trade in process and found my old truck should be worth anywhere from $25K to $29K. Well, after going through all of that, these conmen were trying to charge me $750 a month! They were clearly stacking fees on there and hoping I would just take it!

I went to another dealer in the area and walked out with an outer banks for about $300 less a month. The team on North Florida ave will get my business again, the group in Tarpon can kiss my butt!

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s not the only rebate, I got about $1800 in rebates for mine. It was used as part of the down payment and the money is sent straight to the dealer.

Roland

First Edition
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
They did this to me @ Archie Cochrane Ford in Billings MT. Found a First Edition. Was supposed to be $500 under sticker. They raised it $4,000 over MSRP and under valued my trade by $3,000. This was all after doing initial paperwork. I may never deal with Ford again.

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New cars are becomming a commodity, but the good news is that used cars are as well.

I traded in my 2 year old Tacoma V6 with the Access Cab and the trade in value was more Than I paid for it, so even though the Outer Banks was marked up a little due to demand, I don’t feel cheated.

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did this to me @ Archie Cochrane Ford in Billings MT. Found a First Edition. Was supposed to be $500 under sticker. They raised it $4,000 over MSRP and under valued my trade by $3,000. This was all after doing initial paperwork. I may never deal with Ford again.
Did you buy it or walk away? Karl Flammer Ford was pulling that crap on an outer banks and I just walked away from the deal and found one at a reasonable price.
Sponsored