lmmila625

Outer Banks
First Name
Linsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys just thought I would come share my story. I put my order in shortly after sunroofs became unavailable so I have been searching for my dream bronco hoping maybe one would pop up at a dealer. So today was the day. I found one about an hour away in New Hampshire (I live in MA). I was corresponding with a rep for 2-3 hours letting them know I was very interested. They wouldn’t allow me to put a deposit “to give others fair chance” so I immediately changed my plans and hopped in the car to make the ride giddy the whole way dreaming about my dream car. Immediately upon arrival I was met with “oh were you told this vehicle is being sold for 5k over MSRP???” NOPE I was not. I would not have driven over an hour to be swindled. Needless to say I am heartbroken that I will not be getting my dream bronco. Just yet at least.. but wanted to share this awful experience with you all. And I did already contact Ford as well as I know they do not appreciate dealers trying to take advantage of their customers.
Sponsored

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Hey guys just thought I would come share my story. I put my order in shortly after sunroofs became unavailable so I have been searching for my dream bronco hoping maybe one would pop up at a dealer. So today was the day. I found one about an hour away in New Hampshire (I live in MA). I was corresponding with a rep for 2-3 hours letting them know I was very interested. They wouldn’t allow me to put a deposit “to give others fair chance” so I immediately changed my plans and hopped in the car to make the ride giddy the whole way dreaming about my dream car. Immediately upon arrival I was met with “oh were you told this vehicle is being sold for 5k over MSRP???” NOPE I was not. I would not have driven over an hour to be swindled. Needless to say I am heartbroken that I will not be getting my dream bronco. Just yet at least.. but wanted to share this awful experience with you all. And I did already contact Ford as well as I know they do not appreciate dealers trying to take advantage of their customers.
so sad others would do that for extra money instead of gaining your business and trust. :(

OP
OP

lmmila625

Outer Banks
First Name
Linsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know it’s really disheartening. I do have a deposit on another one I’m waiting to get to the dealer it’s just not my DREAM one. But hopefully I can upgrade in a couple years to my dream one.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you see it, the Bronco Sport is currently popular and a number of dealers are trying to take advantage of it. If not just out right addng a markup over MSRP, dealers will also have added asessories you may or may not want and charge premium prices which drives up the cost. Unless you have access to one of the Ford discount plans like X plan you'll have a hard time finding a BS for MSRP or less and on top of that the supply chain issues are not helping prices.

OP
OP

lmmila625

Outer Banks
First Name
Linsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you see it, the Bronco Sport is currently popular and a number of dealers are trying to take advantage of it. If not just out right addng a markup over MSRP, dealers will also have added asessories you may or may not want and charge premium prices which drives up the cost. Unless you have access to one of the Ford discount plans like X plan you'll have a hard time finding a BS for MSRP or less and on top of that the supply chain issues are not helping prices.
Oh I know I totally understand this I think I’m more upset with the fact that I was corresponding with the dealer for multiple hours before I made a 2 hour round trip and not once did they mention they were selling for over MSRP. If I had known I wouldn’t have wasted my time at all.

Stangman66

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 Bronco Sport
Just a recommendation for you. I have purchased or leased with Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI. for many years, they are a great dealer to work with. Rick Williams is my salesman, great person. Not sure if they are marking up the Bronco Sports for non-A/Z/X plans but they will be straight forward with you. Keep in mind no matter where you live in the US you can buy from any dealer. We bought our Bronco Sport out of their incoming stock since our order was delayed until June/July. Good luck in your search.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
It's probably outside of your search area but I'll mention it anyways... I see a blue Outer Banks every time I pass by the same dealer in a small town WV, still sitting there. Been about two months now. At 35K they seem to be asking MSRP for it. Let me know if you need more info and I'll reply via PM. HTH.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Well, I have had some communication problems with my dealer, I know she is there at the dealership and he is not calling me back to set up an appointment to get her. I went over him once during this awful process....I may do it again. This has been there since Thursday. ?

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Just a recommendation for you. I have purchased or leased with Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI. for many years, they are a great dealer to work with. Rick Williams is my salesman, great person. Not sure if they are marking up the Bronco Sports for non-A/Z/X plans but they will be straight forward with you. Keep in mind no matter where you live in the US you can buy from any dealer. We bought our Bronco Sport out of their incoming stock since our order was delayed until June/July. Good luck in your search.
I may look there next time around. I have bad, bad luck with dealers here in Michigan.

OP
OP

lmmila625

Outer Banks
First Name
Linsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, I have had some communication problems with my dealer, I know she is there at the dealership and he is not calling me back to set up an appointment to get her. I went over him once during this awful process....I may do it again. This has been there since Thursday. ?
Oh no! I do have a deposit on another OB at another dealer and was told ETA was 6/6 but I just looked at the window sticker and the date on the bottom is 5/15... not 100% on what that date is or means but from looking at other stickers it looks like the date it was delivered but I just emailed and was told ETA is still 6/6 so now I am suspicious... but hopefully your dealer gets back to you ASAP! I guess some dealers just don’t care about their customers.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Oh no! I do have a deposit on another OB at another dealer and was told ETA was 6/6 but I just looked at the window sticker and the date on the bottom is 5/15... not 100% on what that date is or means but from looking at other stickers it looks like the date it was delivered but I just emailed and was told ETA is still 6/6 so now I am suspicious... but hopefully your dealer gets back to you ASAP! I guess some dealers just don’t care about their customers.
We know it's there. I'm hoping it's not going to be sold out because technically he ordered her as dealer stock. Supposedly as of Friday noone was to touch her until I came in. I'm getting nervous now because he has not been an easy guy to deal with.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
looking at other stickers it looks like the date it was delivered but I just emailed and was told ETA is still 6/6 so now I am suspicious...
That date that displays on the very very bottom of the window sticker PDF is kinda meaningless as far as I could tell. Special ordered ours. Once the window sticker was generated that date would change periodically however never seemed to match up with anything. The dealer has a fairly accurate system for tracking so the ETA they gave you is probably correct

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
We know it's there. I'm hoping it's not going to be sold out because technically he ordered her as dealer stock. Supposedly as of Friday noone was to touch her until I came in. I'm getting nervous now because he has not been an easy guy to deal with.
Maybe they want you to go in and haggle so they can play the lets stretch it out for hours till your so tired youll sign anything? Short supply high demand dealers taking advantage...

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Slimy dealer/ salesperson for sure. That said, I would never make an hour drive to look at a vehicle unless I had discussed pricing. If they won’t talk numbers and send an email or other documentable form confirming the numbers, then it’s a non-starter for me. $5K markup on these is insane. Yes, they’re in demand, but it’s not like they won’t have parts caught up and Sports back into full production in the coming months. Dealers asking more for a Base with a few add-ons than MSRP of a fully loaded Badlands is just sickening...

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Maybe they want you to go in and haggle so they can play the lets stretch it out for hours till your so tired youll sign anything? Short supply high demand dealers taking advantage...
If it is anything over sticker it will not be coming home. We went around this 2 times since January already. He assured me of this, but I do not trust this guy.
Sponsored