Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Hello. I've been lurking here for about a week and joined up. We're replacing a 2008 Jeep Liberty. We decided on an OB in Area 51 after test driving. Put some cash down on one that was in transit. It was expected to arrive 12 Mar, but I got the call that is came in today. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

I ordered floor liners and a cargo mat off ebay. Floor liners are supposed to be here tomorrow, too and the cargo mat on the 12th.

Yipee!
Nice, I too am replacing a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport. Have a BS BB with BB package on order. Planned build week 2nd week of May. Welcome.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice! There is a perfect OEM (or like) receiver and bolts that go right into the factory mounting holes already inside there. The only other thing you'll have to do is cut most of that center bump out of your lower bumper cover to fit (they should provide a template, but it looks simple). What I don't know is the 4-pin wiring and connector solution...? You need that of course for lights, brake lights, and turns unless you're just mounting a rack or something back there?

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Nice! There is a perfect OEM (or like) receiver and bolts that go right into the factory mounting holes already inside there. The only other thing you'll have to do is cut most of that center bump out of your lower bumper cover to fit (they should provide a template, but it looks simple). What I don't know is the 4-pin wiring and connector solution...? You need that of course for lights, brake lights, and turns unless you're just mounting a rack or something back there?
Thank you. I ordered the Curt hitch receiver from etrailer.com. Currently on backorder but Curt says they'll be shipping more within the next few weeks. Install doesn't look too bad, just gotta find a good place to tuck the wiring connector.

For the wiring harness, I ordered part # FT1Z-15A416-A from my local dealer. Looks like it's shared with a bunch of other Ford models. Not sure what the install will be like though.

I'll mainly be using it to tow a 5'x8' utility trailer for motorcycles and random household stuff. I'm very curious to see how the 1.5L does with towing, although I'll probably never exceed 1,200lbs gross so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi, just bought my Sport yesterday. Been looking for something to replace my aging Mustang and have more practicality as my only vehicle. I've been interested in these for a while, finally went in for a test drive and went home with it.

Just a nothing special Base, but will be perfect for my needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_20210307_151403702_HDR~4

Jenny

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Very nice, is that the one from Cochrane Ford? I took it for two test drives (both with huge grins on my face) before confidently putting in my factory order. Probably should have just grabbed that one as now you're enjoying it while I wait for months for mine to be built and delivered!
I got it from Airdrie Cam Clark. The one I wanted was in Red Deer and by the time we sat down to make a deal, it was gone. I am so very happy with my purchase. You will love yours too!

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
Hello!

I wanted to down size vehicles for fuel costs and found I just don't need a truck anymore so I started looking and came across the Bronco Sports.
I spent some time online getting familiar and then visited my local Ford Dealer and ordered the BS BB in Cactus Gray w/ BB & Tow packages and the 18' Wheels, Splash Guards, CMS, Floor Mats and Roof Cross bars on March 3rd. I received my confirmation email that evening and am now waiting for the progress emails everyone here has described.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? bb.JPG

Last edited:

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Hello!

I wanted to down size vehicles for fuel costs and found I just don't need a truck anymore so I started looking and came across the Bronco Sports.
I spent some time online getting familiar and then visited my local Ford Dealer and ordered the BS BB in Cactus Gray w/ BB & Tow packages and the 18' Wheels, Splash Guards, CMS, Floor Mats and Roof Cross bars on March 3rd. I received my confirmation email that evening and am now waiting for the progress emails everyone here has described.

View attachment 7183
Did you see a sample of Cactus Gray on person? We never found one to look at. We were able to see Kodiak Brown and Area 52 in person and really liked Area 51. I was leaning towards Alto Blue up to that point as the others showed so much difference in shade in internet photos and the brochure "paint chips" are pretty worthless. We liked Kodiak, too. Alto Blue seemed "safe" if you get what i mean. We did get an OB in Area 51 in the end.

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
Did you see a sample of Cactus Gray on person? We never found one to look at. We were able to see Kodiak Brown and Area 52 in person and really liked Area 51. I was leaning towards Alto Blue up to that point as the others showed so much difference in shade in internet photos and the brochure "paint chips" are pretty worthless. We liked Kodiak, too. Alto Blue seemed "safe" if you get what i mean. We did get an OB in Area 51 in the end.
I did get to see A BS BB in Cactus Gray while visiting family in Florida. As soon as I saw the color I was hooked. I vacillated with Kodiak Brown and Area 51 but knew I found my color as soon as I saw it. Like those you mentioned photos and videos really cannot reproduce the illusiveness of these colors. You just have to see them in person!

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ordered a loaded Badlands on February 22. Trading in a 2019 Acura RDX. Expecting my new Bronco Sport sometime this year.

LippyPIC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hello all, just joined today after a few weeks of lurking. I was hoping to get a Bronco Sport last week but the other dealer won't do the trade to my dealership for the one I want, so we went and just ordered one, now anxiously awaiting the VIN and production date! I'm fingers crossed for May.. I chose the Area 51 Outer Banks with the Outer Banks package. Stoked!

Nolf25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hey there everyone. Nolf here from San Antonio. I just got my OB in Alto Blue 2 days ago (pics on the way) and am in love. Decided to down size from my Sierra and wanted something the wife can drive if she had to. With a 15 month old, we found this was the perfect combination for us. I have a background as a Tire Shop Manager for 12 years and love learning about new models/engines in my spare time so I'm pretty stoked about being here. lol Hope to help as I can and build this community (which is pretty great btw) with you all.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Since I finally have a window sticker generated, I thought it would be appropriate to officially introduce myself.

I'm Andre and I currently reside in SE Michigan (but my heart, food palate, and sports loyalties will ALWAYS represent Chicago). I've been lurking for months and occasionally chiming in on a few posts ever since I made the decision to switch from ordering a loaded Bronco Badlands to an Alto Blue BS BL+BL. After months of going back and forth, I finally couldn't justify spending that much money for a truck that I knew I'd never use to its full potential...no matter how badass it looks.

After over eight good years with my Fusion Sport, I'm ready to climb back into an SUV and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at a little off-roading for the first time.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
Greetings all,

The first thing is this is a GREAT form!! A lot of good information and thoughts on how we can become an owner and ideas on dressing up our BS’s!!

I was going to get the Bronco BL and even had a spot. In the end, after doing the B&P on both the Bronco and the Sport, it was a 20K difference. The realization that at 53, I would not use a Bronco like it is designed, >20K cost difference, 90mile drive to work, and “real’ use, I went with the following BS;

BS Badlands - BL

Cactus Gray

Loaded, the only thing I did not upgrade was the wheels and tires. I’m going to get the 52 rims or something like them.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? cig-cozy-gallery-32154GW-MAD-Bronco-Sport-Badlands_05-hd

I have also asked for the following accessories:

Fender Flares by AirDesign - 4-Piece Set, Matte Black VM1PZ-16268-C

HOOD PROTECTOR - AEROSKIN II, TEXTURED VM1PZ-16C900-B

"SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS – LOW PROFILE These low-profile deflectors" VM1PZ-18246-A

LARGE ROOF PLATFORM RACKS VM2DZ- 7855100-B

EYE BOLTS VKB3Z-99000A64-A

"FORD PERFORMANCE HEAVY-DUTY

OFF-ROAD RECOVERY KIT" M-1820-FPORRHD

Floor Liner All-Weather Floor Mats MP1Z-7813300-BA

I have never been this extravagant with a purchase before, but 2020 was a year of three cancers and a lovely week of being blind. It gives one a different perspective! After all that, and push from my wife to get whatever I want, and me having zero interest in a corvet, it was a no-brainer!

We live in Maine so that the BS will see snow and mud and some off-roading.

Good luck all, and stay safe.

Keith

PS. IF anyone could give their Order to Vin - production – and projected delivery date, that would be great..

Using the info, average out and count the days!

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? cig-cozy-gallery-32154GW-MAD-Bronco-Sport-Badlands_05-hd

lewismd12

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey all currently waiting on my Outer Banks from dealership that will come equipped with both packages. They tell me late April I just hope that holds up.
Sponsored

Last edited: