Terry K

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
Hi all, this Terry and I live in Colorado. Put the order in for my 2022 Bronze Smoke Outer Banks back on Feb 25 2022. Totaled my wife’s car back in Oct of last year so it’s time to get a second car and let her have my 2011 Pilot. The picture in my profile I borrowed from another user til mine comes in.
Sponsored

Terry K

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
Greetings Terry K
wrecks wife's car
in turn gives her used vehicle
keeps new vehicle for Terry K
wife's new nickname for Terry K
Terryble
:)
I didn’t wreck it, the firetruck that t-boned me did.

johnAM

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Base
Hi everyone,

I have been visiting the forum from time to time. I got many valuable information, thank to all members. And finally decided to signed up since we just purchased a '22 BS Base model, and already drove 1,000+ miles. Even did its first oil change. It is our first Ford and going to be my wife's primary commute vehicle.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

I have been visiting the forum from time to time. I got many valuable information, thank to all members. And finally decided to signed up since we just purchased a '22 BS Base model, and already drove 1,000+ miles. Even did its first oil change. It is our first Ford and going to be my wife's primary commute vehicle.
Enjoy and Welcome!

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Have been lurking for a few weeks reading up on quite a few topics so wanted to post my first post here in the intro. I'm a long time Ford fan having owned several over the years since 1991 but am also a "car guy" in general, and have done my fair share of hands on tinkering on my vehicles of various makes and models. I've also been a Subaru fan more recently but was really intrigued by the new Bronco Sport once I got the chance to do my online homework and see one in person. With my prior vehicle having been a 2014 Subaru Forester XT, I was looking for something similar, but at the same time something different, especially since Subaru foolishly stopped selling the Forester with the turbo engine after 2018.

Once I got the chance to test drive a Badlands when driving by a dealer out of sheer luck, it immediately jumped to the top of my interest list. I was also considering a Subaru Outback Wilderness (a Forester Wilderness with a turbo engine would have made the decision a bit tougher but Subaru didn't listen) but as circumstances and details would have it, the Bronco Sport won out for a variety of reasons including the uniqueness and styling of the Bronco Sport inside and out, as well as the driving experience and features. While the base 1.5L turbo seems to be a good engine too, I was definitely glad to have the option of the Badlands model with the 2.0L turbo and drivetrain enhancements given my prior vehicle and was the top selling point that sealed the deal for me along with the fact that I wasn't forced to get a moonroof that I didn't want as part of an options package with other things that I did. Great decisions all the way around Ford! As can be seen in my sig, I placed my order on April 9th which yielded an acceptance confirmation that same Saturday morning I left my $500 deposit with a minor order update the dealer did for me on Monday the 11th so I could add the 360+.

Looking forward to spending more time here with my fellow enthusiasts and interacting and sharing more as well!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Welcome to the party @Dtech !

OrangeCrush

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BSOB,2016 Flex SEL,1996 F150 XL SB
I have been watching bsforum for awhile. Ordered 22 BS OB in cyber orange. Really wanted a BigBend in Velocity blue. But this is the wife’s car , replacing her 02 Liberty. Bronco Sport came closest in the size and shape that she has been used to for the last 18 years. One of our boys talked her into the OB and the cyber orange.Ordered on 3/26, confirmed on 3/28, Received VIN and July 4 production date on 4/21. Rescheduled to 6/27 on 4/26, rescheduled back to the week on 7/4 on 5/6. Getting it with a block heater,360+,towing. We have a 2016 Flex that we use for road trips and the Liberty was a daily driver. Also have a 96 F150 that I got out of El Paso where it spent it’s first 19 years. We’ve had it for 7 years now and never driven in the snow or salt brine here in Iowa ,so it is still rust free but the paint is faded form the Texas summers. Worried that the Bronco Sport was going to be a squeeze for me (6’5”,270) just the opposite and tried out the back seat too. Plenty of room. Looking forward to it being parked in the garage. Pardon my rambling. Pat&Nora

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I have been watching bsforum for awhile. Ordered 22 BS OB in cyber orange. Really wanted a BigBend in Velocity blue. But this is the wife’s car , replacing her 02 Liberty. Bronco Sport came closest in the size and shape that she has been used to for the last 18 years. One of our boys talked her into the OB and the cyber orange.Ordered on 3/26, confirmed on 3/28, Received VIN and July 4 production date on 4/21. Rescheduled to 6/27 on 4/26, rescheduled back to the week on 7/4 on 5/6. Getting it with a block heater,360+,towing. We have a 2016 Flex that we use for road trips and the Liberty was a daily driver. Also have a 96 F150 that I got out of El Paso where it spent it’s first 19 years. We’ve had it for 7 years now and never driven in the snow or salt brine here in Iowa ,so it is still rust free but the paint is faded form the Texas summers. Worried that the Bronco Sport was going to be a squeeze for me (6’5”,270) just the opposite and tried out the back seat too. Plenty of room. Looking forward to it being parked in the garage. Pardon my rambling. Pat&Nora
Welcome Pat. Yes, that liquid metal remover they paint on the roads up hear are hard on any parts with Iron in them. On a positive note, your dash won’t melt and crack like they do down south.

Dead Gretta

Badlands
First Name
Gretta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Good News, Everyone!

I picked up my BS Badlands in Smoke Bronze over the weekend. The odo had 5 miles, never seen even a new car with that few miles. Went on a few short trips over the weekend, 100-150 miles each and am duly impressed with the Bronco Sport. It has all the tech I need, and seems to do great in gravel and muddy conditions.

I appreciate all the previous threads and conversations. I have learned a ton already. Hope I can contribute here and there as my knowledge grows.

Thanks to all!

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_0879

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_1408

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good News, Everyone!

I picked up my BS Badlands in Smoke Bronze over the weekend. The odo had 5 miles, never seen even a new car with that few miles. Went on a few short trips over the weekend, 100-150 miles each and am duly impressed with the Bronco Sport. It has all the tech I need, and seems to do great in gravel and muddy conditions.

I appreciate all the previous threads and conversations. I have learned a ton already. Hope I can contribute here and there as my knowledge grows.

Thanks to all!

Dead Gretta, your BS looks great, hope you can enjoy for years to come. And welcome.

Terry K

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
Good News, Everyone!

Thanks to all!

Just waiting for my Bronze Smoke OB. Ordered end of March. Still no word yet.

Dead Gretta

Badlands
First Name
Gretta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just waiting for my Bronze Smoke OB. Ordered end of March. Still no word yet.
It seems to take forever. Try to be patient. It will take as much time as it takes. Remember -
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.” ― Douglas Adams

Terry K

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
It seems to take forever. Try to be patient. It will take as much time as it takes. Remember -
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.” ― Douglas Adams
Talked to the dealer today. No VIN number but my OB should be here end of June. 😁
Sponsored