Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi All,
does anyone have already ordered/installed roof crossbars - other than original Ford part? (which stick up very high)
My main purpose is carrying a canoe.
I want to avoid costly Thule, Rhino, etc ... and also don't like the width of universal bars sticking out beyond the rails.
I'm looking for bars that specifically fit Bronco Sport, in-between rails and are NOT sticking out beyond rails.
I viewed several on amazon, all between 130.- and 200.- CN, claiming to fit 2021 Outer Banks (strangely not Badlands??) ... but usually ship from China, have no or just one reviews. I want to avoid possible stressful returns overseas.
I'm hoping for someone's experience and an honest opinion after purchasing and installing something like that.

Thanks Everyone

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a
Sponsored

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09331HZGB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6HBWQN0KKD0T9AH5NV48?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Been using these on my OB for months. Picked them for same reasons you were describing; low profile, no overhang. They were an Easy install. A couple screws to adjust length based on how far apart you mount them on the rails. So far no issues transporting snowboards, roof basket, or awning and plan to strap some kayaks to them this summer. Had the same hesitations as you, but for $70 I took the chance and it has worked out for me so far.
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks B1838F38-4C63-49AA-9F53-7FE99E771683

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 4E320190-05A2-46AE-9609-14E6381B4472

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 7CF385D7-F267-47AA-B87C-0B9D6FAF179D

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09331HZGB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6HBWQN0KKD0T9AH5NV48?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Been using these on my OB for months. Picked them for same reasons you were describing; low profile, no overhang. They were an Easy install. A couple screws to adjust length based on how far apart you mount them on the rails. So far no issues transporting snowboards, roof basket, or awning and plan to strap some kayaks to them this summer. Had the same hesitations as you, but for $70 I took the chance and it has worked out for me so far.
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks B1838F38-4C63-49AA-9F53-7FE99E771683

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 4E320190-05A2-46AE-9609-14E6381B4472

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 7CF385D7-F267-47AA-B87C-0B9D6FAF179D
I got similar ones (titanopeia) for my 2022 outer banks and they DON’T fit. The title only said it didn’t fit badlands/FE. Super bummed out because I really like how low profile they look.

I ended up getting these: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08ZMZZ5T9

They’re thicker and look decent, but I still want something slim like the heka’s.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I decided I didn’t want crossbars. I want usable space without a basket too. Soooo… I went Yakima Lock n’ Load directly to the risers.

looks awesome. Works great. Tslots to eternity (infinitely reconfigurable).

forgo the perimeter rails and it is super extra lo-pro.

these pics have the awning on. It goes on and off in like literally 5min.

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks B22B0DE2-B8E8-44C2-A5E0-09EF0EBDFDFA
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks 5BF5EB02-9ABE-45DE-8990-10AEDC989880
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks E841D484-4554-43ED-A1D3-74ABDCA197EA

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know you said you don’t want the overhang. But I would reconsider, only because that would allow you to use the easy load kayak racks. The Sport has such a high roof kayaks on top get difficult to load and off load. I am sure you’ve dealt with this, just throwing it out there. A previous post on bike racks on roof had the user saying it was very difficult to get the bike up so high. Either way best of luck!

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I know you said you don’t want the overhang. But I would reconsider, only because that would allow you to use the easy load kayak racks. The Sport has such a high roof kayaks on top get difficult to load and off load. I am sure you’ve dealt with this, just throwing it out there. A previous post on bike racks on roof had the user saying it was very difficult to get the bike up so high. Either way best of luck!
Thanks all, for your suggestions.
The Hekas are exactly the same but under a different name ... which I'm looking at.
As one of you mentioned ... they didn't fit ... yes ... NOT on 2022 OB!! Most of them clearly mention that ... and not on BadLands either.
I think I'm going to go with the ones that resemble Heka.
Here are two on Amazon.ca ... for Canadian residents, but are, I'm sure, the same under a different name in the US:

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

SNIXWOO Cross Bars fit for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022 Cargo Bar Roof Rack Rail Top Accessories (Not Fit 2022 Outer Banks&Badlands Model), Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

Thanks

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just out of curiousity, what’s diff about the rails from 21 to 22 OB that makes the HEKA’s not fit? Or the badlands for that matter?

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just out of curiousity, what’s diff about the rails from 21 to 22 OB that makes the HEKA’s not fit? Or the badlands for that matter?
I ordered ones that wouldn’t fit, and it wasn’t wide enough to go over the rails at all. It was very disappointing.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello, Tim! The key differences is the number of tie-down openings and width between our “On-Road” roof rails (on Base, Big Bend, and 2021 Outer Banks models) vs. “Off-Road” roof rails (on Badlands and 2022 Outer Banks models). The "Off-Road" roof rails feature additional tie-down points for owner accessories. You can find compatible crossbars for specific Bronco Sport models at accessories.ford.com.

Reactions: MJE

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I got similar ones (titanopeia) for my 2022 outer banks and they DON’T fit. The title only said it didn’t fit badlands/FE. Super bummed out because I really like how low profile they look.

I ended up getting these: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08ZMZZ5T9

They’re thicker and look decent, but I still want something slim like the heka’s.
Yeah. For some unknown reason, Ford switch the 22 OB roof rails to the ones used on the 21-22 BL/FE.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hello, Tim! The key differences is the number of tie-down openings and width between our “On-Road” roof rails (on Base, Big Bend, and 2021 Outer Banks models) vs. “Off-Road” roof rails (on Badlands and 2022 Outer Banks models). The "Off-Road" roof rails feature additional tie-down points for owner accessories. You can find compatible crossbars for specific Bronco Sport models at accessories.ford.com.
Odd, I had the cross bars for a 21 OB and a 21BL and I didn't see any additional tie down points ...
The only difference I saw was the pointing point. It is wider on the 21 OB than on the 21 BL.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks all, for your suggestions.
The Hekas are exactly the same but under a different name ... which I'm looking at.
As one of you mentioned ... they didn't fit ... yes ... NOT on 2022 OB!! Most of them clearly mention that ... and not on BadLands either.
I think I'm going to go with the ones that resemble Heka.
Here are two on Amazon.ca ... for Canadian residents, but are, I'm sure, the same under a different name in the US:

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

SNIXWOO Cross Bars fit for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022 Cargo Bar Roof Rack Rail Top Accessories (Not Fit 2022 Outer Banks&Badlands Model), Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

Thanks
So II finally decided on:

They clearly state what models / Years they fit.

I'm sure others will fit too for the Outer Banks 2021 but I picked these since they looked stronger than others and especially they don't stick out beyond the roof and have a low profile. (my main objective is carrying a canoe) Also - a fraction of the snobby, ridiculously overpriced Thule or Rhino brands.

I installed them today ... fit like a glove with nice rubber pads built in top and bottom claw. Easy to install. Not sure what the difference is between the 21 and 22 but these fit my 21 Outer Banks perfectly.

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Bronco-Roof Rack-2022_0002 copy

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Bronco-Roof Rack-2022_0003 copy

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Bronco-Roof Rack-2022_0006 copy

Ford Bronco Sport Roof Crossbars - 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Bronco-Roof Rack-2022_0007 copy

Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited: