Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Good luck tomorrow!
If they haven't ordered the FDM module, all you will be able to do is look at the BS until the FDM module gets to the dealership and installed.
Sponsored

Blondie_jax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
If they haven't ordered the FDM module, all you will be able to do is look at the BS until the FDM module gets to the dealership and installed.
Yep…maybe when i can at least have supervised visits with her, I will pull the trigger on some of the minor upgrades/accessories I have picked out…window visors, center console, stickers, and who knows what else…

I am just hoping my birthday order is delivered by the time Santa comes around?????????????????

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Thanks! I hope the FDM fairy has visited, but knowing the luck of this group, I am not holding my breath!?
I'm going on two weeks since mine arrived at the dealer. They've been pretty vague about the whole FDM thing. They have five waiting on this fix. I guess I get it. Until it is fixed and ready they probably don't want to say anything to anyone. I'm not going to be a jerk about it but my salesman tells me others are not being so nice. This weekend though I got one of those 'We'd really like to get our hands on your 2019 Ranger to sell on our lot' letters. I want to call up the sales manager and say 'what the heck do you think I've been trying to do for the last two weeks?' I did not order this vehicle as it was a dealer order that I put a deposit on in September. So I haven't been waiting near as long as so many on this site. Still sucks seeing it just sitting there (I've visited it a few times) and I can't even sit in it (won't let sales have the key). The upside is that my Ranger has actually gone up in value by like $3k since I put the deposit down.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going on two weeks since mine arrived at the dealer. They've been pretty vague about the whole FDM thing. They have five waiting on this fix. I guess I get it. Until it is fixed and ready they probably don't want to say anything to anyone. I'm not going to be a jerk about it but my salesman tells me others are not being so nice. This weekend though I got one of those 'We'd really like to get our hands on your 2019 Ranger to sell on our lot' letters. I want to call up the sales manager and say 'what the heck do you think I've been trying to do for the last two weeks?' I did not order this vehicle as it was a dealer order that I put a deposit on in September. So I haven't been waiting near as long as so many on this site. Still sucks seeing it just sitting there (I've visited it a few times) and I can't even sit in it (won't let sales have the key). The upside is that my Ranger has actually gone up in value by like $3k since I put the deposit down.
According to the letter that my sales rep and parts department manager at my dealership received from Ford, the FDM replacement part is supposed to begin mass shipping to dealerships on 11/24. So as long as the dealership orders the part, they "Should" have them and installed them by the end of the month.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
According to the letter that my sales rep and parts department manager at my dealership received from Ford, the FDM replacement part is supposed to begin mass shipping to dealerships on 11/24. So as long as the dealership orders the part, they "Should" have them and installed them by the end of the month.
Well that's good news. Hopefully my dealership is on it. You would think they would be motivated to get $150k worth of vehicles fixed, out the door and off the books. I still haven't been able to drive one because every one that comes in is already sold (there's been a few not in the recall). I am sure I will love it but I am still going to drive it because it would just feel weird to buy a car I've never driven.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Finally picked it up. Arrived late Wednesday last week 11/17. Cleaned it up and detailed Thursday. Settled up Friday morning and drove off Friday afternoon. No market adjustment. Honored original $500 rebate.

First two pics were off the truck Wed night. Filthy thing! Last two all cleaned and scrubbed up.

Couldn’t be happier with how it drives, handles, turns, accelerates, brakes. Nicest vehicle I’ve owned and purchased. That metallic in the brown looks black or burgundy at times. Wicked color.

Here’s to hoping you all get yours soon and with zero issues or price adjustments.

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people 1F079E0D-5C84-4ABB-B63E-2F23958C2C55
Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people DFE00B0E-8DDE-4667-B2CB-AB7DEE938831
Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people 9EE2FB1D-20FF-4908-88B0-EC6D53D7E437
Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people 44E46FEA-342F-4002-A466-5B1AFEFB1E2E

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems that the Ford Hermosillo plant dropped the ball on the FDM recall. It seems that a lot of the Bronco Sports from the June build that finally received the RCM chip also received the FDM recall part. The major problem with that is, they never documented the fact that the recall work had actually been done before shipping the units out. On 11/19 Ford sent a notice to its dealers with a notice that the work had already actually been done. I checked with ETIS and the NHTSA web site yesterday and indeed, the recall notice was shown as being completed. I received a phone call today from my salesman and he confirmed that he had indeed received the notice from Ford and that the recall had been done. Had it been documented at the factory, I would have been able to take delivery on 10/25. They are now prepping my Rapid Red BS BL for me to take delivery. Unfortunately with the Thanksgiving holiday this week I had to tell him delivery will have to wait until next week. I have waited since early March for it so waiting another week isn't going to kill me. On another note, my 2022MY Cyber Orange BS BL is schedule for production on 01/24. We will see how long it takes before that one is delivered.

So if yours is one of the BS units waiting for the FDM recall to be completed, check with your dealer and see if yours is one of the ones that was completed but never correctly documented.

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ordered last week of March. Mine arrived at the dealer about a month ago, waited for the recall, and I got it yesterday! Definitely hadn’t gotten detailed sufficiently for the 6 mos of desert sitting but we worked it out. Haven’t driven it much yet but so far so good!

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people D0C65998-0E9C-406A-94B0-FE82189E58BC

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people 444A3873-6FAB-431C-BC01-0DC2912A0EC3

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Mine arrived at dealer yesterday. Dealer cleaned it up no water spots in paint. Dealer said nothing more then basic wash was needed. You cant tell it sat all those months looks like a new car should. At my house now. Drives nice no rattles or noises of any kind.

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people PXL_20211129_193855026

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people PXL_20211129_193846284

Ford Bronco Sport Roll call for the Mexican Desert March order/June build people PXL_20211129_193753122

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
OK. Dumb question I know. Exactly what is the FDM module?

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
According to the tracker, mine is still in production. It went into production on 6/14 and was built on 6/15. Up until today, the estimated delivery was 12/4. It’s now been pushed back to 1/3/2022.

The ETIS says: Outstanding Field Service Actions
21S38 - FUEL DELIVERY MODULE (FDM) LINE LEAK INTERNAL TO FUEL TANK

Does this confirm that it has not yet shipped?

The dealer has kept me completely in the dark, and I have a strong suspicion they lied to me about when it would arrive so that I would make the purchase (I bought it In Transit, I did not order it). As of last week, they said it would be here on 11/28. If it’s true that it hasn’t shipped yet then they obviously lied and I need to go have a talk with the GM

Any help here would be great since you guys seem to know more than the sales people

Last edited:

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
According to the tracker, mine is still in production. It went into production on 6/14 and was built on 6/15. Up until today, the estimated delivery was 12/4. It’s now been pushed back to 1/3/2022.

The dealer has kept me completely in the dark, and I have a strong suspicion they lied to me about when it would arrive so that I would make the purchase (I bought it In Transit, I did not order it). As of last week, they said it would be here on 11/28. If it’s true that it hasn’t shipped yet then they obviously lied and I need to go have a talk with the GM

Any help here would be great since you guys seem to know more than the sales people
It can ship with the recall still outstanding, mine was repaired at the dealership, however if the estimated delivery was recently pushed to 1/3 I’d guess it has not shipped. You could ask the dealer for the rail car number and if they have one for you then that should mean it has shipped and you can call the rail line to track it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Sounds like yours will be on train with the '22s. As far as dealer lying I am not sure any dealer can tell you when vehicle will arrive if Ford has not shipped it yet.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It can ship with the recall still outstanding, mine was repaired at the dealership, however if the estimated delivery was recently pushed to 1/3 I’d guess it has not shipped. You could ask the dealer for the rail car number and if they have one for you then that should mean it has shipped and you can call the rail line to track it.
Thanks. After checking this morning, the recall has been cleared from both ETIS and NHTSA. Wondering if the delivery date was pushed back because of the brake pad recall that was announced.

I’ll try to pry more info out of my dealer later but I’m not holding my breath.
Sponsored