Noxie112016

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I'm a newbie here and I just ordered my BL+BL today. Just wondering if any BL owners have looked into installing rock sliders, or if its even a do-able thing. TIA!
Sponsored

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
It can probably be done. I haven’t seen anything like this yet but the aftermarket accessories haven’t even started to take off yet. I think there is going to be a lot of cool stuff to come in the near future.

OP
OP

Noxie112016

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
It can probably be done. I haven’t seen anything like this yet but the aftermarket accessories haven’t even started to take off yet. I think there is going to be a lot of cool stuff to come in the near future.
Let's hope so! I'm also hoping that there will be a chance to put a lift kit on the BL as well. I would love to get a little bit more clearance when out on the trails.

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's hope so! I'm also hoping that there will be a chance to put a lift kit on the BL as well. I would love to get a little bit more clearance when out on the trails.
Yes I would too. It’s on my list of things to do eventually. So far the only option for the BL or FE is a 1 inch lift/level from 4WP. I believe it allows you to go up to 31 inch tires. Check out the trail rig concept to see how that set up looks.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/introducing-the-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept.1189/

Also congrats on your order and welcome! What color did you go with?

OP
OP

Noxie112016

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Yes I would too. It’s on my list of things to do eventually. So far the only option for the BL or FE is a 1 inch lift/level from 4WP. I believe it allows you to go up to 31 inch tires. Check out the trail rig concept to see how that set up looks.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/introducing-the-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept.1189/

Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into that! I saw the trail rig concept and I love it! Hoping to get it there soon.
It was hard to decide on color but I finally went with white and planning to black out all the lettering. But I'm still keeping my eye out if a red BL pops up sooner...I really like that color too.

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow

The issue with bigger tires is the pinch weld flange behind the front tires. A lift won't give you any better clearance to that.

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The issue with bigger tires is the pinch weld flange behind the front tires. A lift won't give you any better clearance to that.
Yes that was mentioned in another thread. Some trimming might be required I guess depending on how big you go.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-vehicles.html

I would check with these folks, see if they plan on offering anything for the Bronco Sport. It's less of a sure thing than the big bronco. I know folks like their rock rails for Jeeps.
Rock rails (sliders) is a factory option on the Bronco; with all that plastic cladding on the Sport, no way. Keep in mind the door -- skin, cladding and all -- extends all the way to the bottom of the rocker on the Sport. So where would you put rock rails? Would you drop them below the bottom level of the door, and now lose that ground clearance?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Rock rails (sliders) is a factory option on the Bronco; with all that plastic cladding on the Sport, no way. Keep in mind the door -- skin, cladding and all -- extends all the way to the bottom of the rocker on the Sport. So where would you put rock rails? Would you drop them below the bottom level of the door, and now lose that ground clearance?
I don't know, I haven't taken a close look at it. I just tossed that link up because if someone is going to do it those folks will. On the Cherokee the plastic at the bottom pops out so you can install sliders.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I'm resurrecting this a little because I feel it's an important topic for folks who want to do some crawling with their Sports. The Jeep Renegade also has plastic all the way down and there's some aftermarket sliders for them. I don't have a Bronco to look under to see how feasible it is for them.

If you're going to be doing low speed rock crawling you're really gambling with your vehicle without sliders. If you come down hard in between the doors and can seriously mangle both doors and your body.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock sliders? IMG_7899

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm resurrecting this a little because I feel it's an important topic for folks who want to do some crawling with their Sports. The Jeep Renegade also has plastic all the way down and there's some aftermarket sliders for them. I don't have a Bronco to look under to see how feasible it is for them.

If you're going to be doing low speed rock crawling you're really gambling with your vehicle without sliders. If you come down hard in between the doors and can seriously mangle both doors and your body.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock sliders? IMG_7899
That looks pretty good; I saw a different Renegade installation that required removal of all the plastic trim and a lot of drilling into the rocker panels. And then I'm not sure that it looked all that rigid or supportive. This can distribute the effects of some impacts, but I do wonder how much weight of the vehicle it can support? This one looks pretty sturdy/reinforced, against some impacts. Maybe it should stick out a little more.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
That looks pretty good; I saw a different Renegade installation that required removal of all the plastic trim and a lot of drilling into the rocker panels. And then I'm not sure that it looked all that rigid or supportive. This can distribute the effects of some impacts, but I do wonder how much weight of the vehicle it can support? This one looks pretty sturdy/reinforced, against some impacts. Maybe it should stick out a little more.
I'm actually wrong here. The Renegade was designed with sliders in mind. Those replace a hunk of plastic that's down there the same as the Cherokee. The Compass has the same feature. Still, I fired off an email to Rocky Road to get their thoughts/plans on it.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock sliders? IMG_78

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
This is the rocky road outfitters response:

Should be possible. We'd like to get one in our shop to take a closer look. If it looks doable we will build them.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
This is the rocky road outfitters response:

Should be possible. We'd like to get one in our shop to take a closer look. If it looks doable we will build them.
I look forward to what you learn
Sponsored