Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
Its usually not the angle of your windshield as opposed to the angle of the rock coming at it combined with the force.
Sponsored

Charlesology

Big Bend
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
1100 miles in and my windshield cracked. Safe life wanted to charge my insurance $1300 but they couldn’t order a window.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 08C1620F-9D9C-402F-9EC3-5629958CAD69

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 879D3716-2755-40CE-AE54-E5AB08BE0425

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
for what it may be worth, I just added my Bronco to my insurance. She quoted me $84 a YEAR...for full GLASS replacement covering two cars. My Bronco and my wife's jeep. It was previously $500 deductable. May want to ask your agent about it. We have an old policy with Citizens insurance as the coverage, and it's even an old policy she wants to look at and possibly update with better options. But for less than $50 a year...seems like a nobrainer.
I should add, she offered gap insurance coverage for $4 per YEAR...said her car dealer offered Gap for over a grand and a half, she knew better. ALWAYS check with your own insurance provider. Rental cars are often full coverage under your own insurance instead of paying airport premiums etc. I am sure it's state to state with various differences but for us, the local insurance company is well worth it.

RachReadz

Badlands
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I flew out to Indianapolis from Phoenix to pick up my Bronco Sport (it was the only dealership I could find with one in stock that accepted D-plan pricing!). It took three days and 2300 miles to get home. Drove through heavy rains and heavy winds in Kansas, white-out blizzard and icy roads through the Rockies (so grateful for slippery GOAT mode). 20 minutes from home I catch a rock on the freeway. Started as an already-big crack, then stretched across the windshield from the heat. Arizona is notorious for cracked windshields so fortunately I have full glass coverage but what a pain!

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? IMG_5403

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I flew out to Indianapolis from Phoenix to pick up my Bronco Sport (it was the only dealership I could find with one in stock that accepted D-plan pricing!). It took three days and 2300 miles to get home. Drove through heavy rains and heavy winds in Kansas, white-out blizzard and icy roads through the Rockies (so grateful for slippery GOAT mode). 20 minutes from home I catch a rock on the freeway. Started as an already-big crack, then stretched across the windshield from the heat. Arizona is notorious for cracked windshields so fortunately I have full glass coverage but what a pain!

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? IMG_5403
THAT is dedicated. And likely a nice drive.

RobKirk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I heard what sounded like a small "DINK!" hit my windshield on the freeway and there are now two VERY tiny white marks on the lowest possible part of the windshield in front of the steering wheel. Luckily I don't think these will amount to much, but I've only had the vehicle 5 days so I'm bummed.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I have had to replace only one windshield in the last 200,000 miles of driving. This will be my second. 450 miles on the odometer. Dammit.
Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? ED124458-7529-40D8-AA33-A9B3F7C55F01

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Picked up my Badlands last week Wednesday, have 570 miles on the odometer, and about 50 miles ago got my first crack in the windscreen. It's about 10-12in long at the moment.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
On one of those Facebook groups someone is collecting names of BS owners who have cracked windshields. They are going to takes the names and report to Ford to try and get their attention to this problem.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
for what it may be worth, I just added my Bronco to my insurance. She quoted me $84 a YEAR...for full GLASS replacement covering two cars. My Bronco and my wife's jeep. It was previously $500 deductable. May want to ask your agent about it. We have an old policy with Citizens insurance as the coverage, and it's even an old policy she wants to look at and possibly update with better options. But for less than $50 a year...seems like a nobrainer.
I should add, she offered gap insurance coverage for $4 per YEAR...said her car dealer offered Gap for over a grand and a half, she knew better. ALWAYS check with your own insurance provider. Rental cars are often full coverage under your own insurance instead of paying airport premiums etc. I am sure it's state to state with various differences but for us, the local insurance company is well worth it.
Thanks for this idea. I feel for the owners posting here, but I'm a realist too. It might be a while before this is all sorted out. In the meantime I've taken the same approach as you. I contacted my insurance company, and changed my policy related to glass coverage. They have a helpful option - basically a 'rider' on top of the comprehensive coverage (which normally covers fire/theft/vandalism etc damages, and glass). I kept the same deductible on comprehensive, but added the glass 'rider' so I only have to pay $50 if my windshield gets a crack forcing a replacement. It only increased my policy costs by $24/year. IMHO a small price to pay, for the peace of mind.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Based on this thread and the FB group, I also updated my auto policy so the comprehensive deductible (covers glass) is $100, with a small increase to my yearly premium.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Unluckily Boston traffic is almost back to precovid volume so not much chance for rocks getting kicked up. Just creeping along enjoying the Big Bend.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
yes, driving home from the dealer, with 12 miles on the odometer.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had pretty bad wind here in VA last Friday. A ton of debris came across that road and all I heard was a loud "pow". I didn't see anything at first, but then when I parked later I saw a huge starburst (larger than a quarter). I think a tree branch hit me. Didn't see any other scratches or body damage. By Saturday midday, it had spread out in 3 different directions. Going to call my insurance company today to see what to do. I've also had it suggested to me that I report it to Ford. Anyone know if I just call the general number and ask for the Bronco team (that's who I spoke to earlier about issues with my order)?

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 20210501_153814

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 20210501_153834
mine is not that bad, condolences, that's just awful.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
driving from the dealer after purchase. Got hit with a small rock that chipped the hood and also caused a little nick in the windshield. It is small and not bad so I think I'm good for now. Got a hood protector installed to help mitigate any future "small" rocks. But it isn't going to stop the big ones.
same exact thing happened to me.
Sponsored