First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
Yes, got one this weekend right next to the passenger side edge, right in the center. About a half dollar size starburst. We were out of town and when we woke up the next morning it was a big split almost half way across the width of the windshield. Haven't even made my first payment on it yet. I was wondering if the newness means delays in getting it replaced. Guess I'm living with it for awhile. Glad I got windshield replacement on the insurance.

I have never gotten one in any other vehicle (all Fords), living and driving on the same roads for 25 years...

ETA: I have an appt with Safelight on 6/18 and they SAY they will have the windshield in then to replace. Fingers crossed as the split is now 3/4 across.

2nd ETA: That appt was canceled because they couldn't get the windshield. But new appt is TODAY and it looks like it's happening. Awaiting their arrival now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
On one of those Facebook groups someone is collecting names of BS owners who have cracked windshields. They are going to takes the names and report to Ford to try and get their attention to this problem.
You do realize that getting chipped and cracked windshields is nothing new right? its the angle the rock flies at and the velocity of it that causes damage. Ford is not going to do a thing.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You do realize that getting chipped and cracked windshields is nothing new right? its the angle the rock flies at and the velocity of it that causes damage. Ford is not going to do a thing.
I did not realize that. Thanks for letting me know.

rjm3564

Outer Banks
First Name
Rogers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
On one of those Facebook groups someone is collecting names of BS owners who have cracked windshields. They are going to takes the names and report to Ford to try and get their attention to this problem.
Have Crack in windshield as of today.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
Lol not a rock but a golf ball. I was driving up a hill on the highway beside a golf course that I have driven by for 15 years and never had a ball come in the road. I had my Badlands for two days and had a golf ball dent in my hood and it came up and smacked the windshield. No crack or chip in the glass. $100 and an hour later, a local paintless dent repair shop fixed me up good as new. Crisis averted, lol.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lol not a rock but a golf ball. I was driving up a hill on the highway beside a golf course that I have driven by for 15 years and never had a ball come in the road. I had my Badlands for two days and had a golf ball dent in my hood and it came up and smacked the windshield. No crack or chip in the glass. $100 and an hour later, a local paintless dent repair shop fixed me up good as new. Crisis averted, lol.
Unfortunate for you but honestly great to hear.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Just be thankful you dont have a F150. The windshields on the truck are a rock magnet. I went through 3 windshield replacements in 3 years and had multiple chips repaired.
I have an f150.... i can confirm this. Hahaha ... actually the worst luck ive had is the f350... that windshield got replaced 5 times in less than 3 years... but it also saw a lot of time in Louisiana ... that state was responsible for 3 giant cracks and 2 replacements.... (2 were within two days- both a large rock catapulted from lumber trailers going opposite direction ...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have an f150.... i can confirm this. Hahaha ... actually the worst luck ive had is the f350... that windshield got replaced 5 times in less than 3 years... but it also saw a lot of time in Louisiana ... that state was responsible for 3 giant cracks and 2 replacements.... (2 were within two days- both a large rock catapulted from lumber trailers going opposite direction ...
ironic, my brother in law has an older F150 and same deal. windshield after windshield. It's currently cracked and he's just over it.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
ironic, my brother in law has an older F150 and same deal. windshield after windshield. It's currently cracked and he's just over it.
Luckily on the f350 we had windshield insurcance ... they dropped that coverage after 5th hahahah

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
I got hit right on the O of the bronco label in front. Something must of fell off a car on the highway bounced right up and almost hit the top of my hood good thing it just hit my grill. I have a nice chip now

Buffywood13

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Has anyone had theirs crack without any object hitting it? Doing about 20 MPH in a school parking lot with no car in front, and suddenly the sound of just cracking. The crack is about 16 inches long and not a single chip or mark visible. How does this happen, especially within the first month of owning the Outer Banks? Our dealer claims he hasn't heard of any issues. I call BS.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Already got one. Rock barely hit it and a good 10 inch crack. Ford really needs to do something about the glass they are using. I read someone else already had to replace theirs 4 times. I live where there is a lot of traffic. I dont want be added to that statistic.

CARPDMR

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone had theirs crack without any object hitting it? Doing about 20 MPH in a school parking lot with no car in front, and suddenly the sound of just cracking. The crack is about 16 inches long and not a single chip or mark visible. How does this happen, especially within the first month of owning the Outer Banks? Our dealer claims he hasn't heard of any issues. I call BS.
Just picked my Big Bend up from the dealer's auto-glass shop. $1025.00 later, new windshield. Nothing hit it, woke up last Thursday with a 30' crack across the sensing unit. Waiting for Ford's response but initially they said I was out of warranty although the car is 9 months old.
Sponsored