EWKing

Big Bend
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
Sponsored

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone had a rock ding on the windshield yet? Of all the cars I have owned it has been decades since I got dinged in the windshield and got one yesterday. Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
I have two small chips in the windshield, I noticed it while cleaning my car. It’s been a pretty common occurrence to hear something popping off the glass, I then bought the hood protector with hope it will reduce such occurrences. Nothing new to report for now, but I’m bummed as well to see this happen, I am coming from a sports sedan that had very few windshield issues after driving the same interstates for over 100k miles. Also, I have been told the glass on the Bronco Sports are very, very delayed for replacement. So hope you don’t have anything catastrophic for the next 6 months at least.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Came close the other day. While driving the Pennsylvania turnpike I heard the sickening crack of something hitting what I thought was the windshield. The rock hit the roof right above the windshield. Luckily it just left a small scratch.

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
I have a 16” crack that started as a small chip. I do all highway driving, but first windshield that’s cracked, and my fourth vehicle doing the same commute. Taking two months to get a new windshield from ford.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
This seems to be occurring a lot. I've read about this in several places. I don't think it's normal to have this many reported windshield chip, pitting, and cracked problems on so many so soon. Ford must be seeing this. I'm guessing there will be a recall at some point. Hopefully there will be an aftermarket replacement shortly.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just be thankful you dont have a F150. The windshields on the truck are a rock magnet. I went through 3 windshield replacements in 3 years and had multiple chips repaired.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
I got one a week ago and it quickly spread. Takes about two weeks to get the glass. Had the same thing happen with my last new car. Had two windshields in a row get cracked and had to wait each time for the replacement.

Dont think there is an issue with the angle just bad luck.

OP
OP
EWKing

EWKing

Big Bend
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Popped in and had it repaired today. Gonna wait and see what happens over the next few months before I attempt to replace...unless it cracks.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Wondering if the glass and the angle of the windshield if this is gonna be a problem.
I drove my Escape for over a decade and over a quarter million miles. It had a similar windshield rake, if not less, and I managed to avoid chips. I don't think the windshield rake is the issue.

tatiasport

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Already cracked. Giant ding at the bottom of the windsheild that has spread all along the bottom.

Rustlesee

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Day three of ownership, got one. The chip ended up the size of a silver dollar. Thankfully got it filled.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
I got one a week ago and it quickly spread. Takes about two weeks to get the glass. Had the same thing happen with my last new car. Had two windshields in a row get cracked and had to wait each time for the replacement.

Dont think there is an issue with the angle just bad luck.
Replacement showed up with a giant scratch now we have to wait for another 10-15 days for the replacement for the replacement to show.

travelgirl999

Big Bend
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
We had pretty bad wind here in VA last Friday. A ton of debris came across that road and all I heard was a loud "pow". I didn't see anything at first, but then when I parked later I saw a huge starburst (larger than a quarter). I think a tree branch hit me. Didn't see any other scratches or body damage. By Saturday midday, it had spread out in 3 different directions. Going to call my insurance company today to see what to do. I've also had it suggested to me that I report it to Ford. Anyone know if I just call the general number and ask for the Bronco team (that's who I spoke to earlier about issues with my order)?

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 20210501_153814

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 20210501_153834

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
driving from the dealer after purchase. Got hit with a small rock that chipped the hood and also caused a little nick in the windshield. It is small and not bad so I think I'm good for now. Got a hood protector installed to help mitigate any future "small" rocks. But it isn't going to stop the big ones.
Sponsored