Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
For real windshield fun try owning an FJ Cruiser. We just keep a stack of ‘‘em in the shed out back. I honestly think my FJ is trying to play short stop for rocks on the road :crackup: :crackup:
Sponsored

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I woke up to mine cracked one morning about 3 weeks ago. I saw a tiny ding, but don't recall hitting any rocks. A crack spread across the windshield at about 15 inches per day until it was replaced.

It took the glass shop 5 days to get the replacement and cost $714 to repair. Paid cash to avoid the insurance claim, but after reading this thread, I may look into a new option on insurance.

There is a tiny ding right at the edge of the black.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? IMG_4894.JPG

alexhatt

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Day three of ownership, got one. The chip ended up the size of a silver dollar. Thankfully got it filled.
Not kidding at all, I too got one on Day 3. It's almost so upsetting that I'm not even mad about it.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Got my first Friday. Free ding repairs through Progressive. Appointment on Wednesday morning - Safelite coming to my work - hopefully it gets repaired before it spreads!

ninjanic

Outer Banks
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So its not just me! I got mine in October and I was driving back home on the freeway last month and had a small rock hit my windshield and left a chip. Luckily I had a mobile glass repair guy come out the next morning and filled it before it got any worse. He mentioned to me the OEM windshield alone was $600 yikes

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I made it 14 months now with no dings.
I will say I’m glad this windshield has half the surface area of my 2015 Ford Transit Connect XLT wagon. Four windshields in FOUR years. Rock trucks everywhere all the time. It was all fully covered by my Florida insurance under ‘road hazard’ and also no deductible on glass or seatbelts, go figure.
Oh fwiw I broke the fifth one in North Carolina no coverage on glass as I’d pay $250 a year more for that coverage.
That windshield was $510

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Living in Alaska, can confirm this windshield is a ding magnet…
My BL finally arrived at the dealership in Mystic CT on Monday 2/14 (after sitting idle for 7 weeks at the truckers' depot lot up in Massachusetts). Alto blue with the carbonized gray roof. I cannot take delivery yet, though, because ...
Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? 7C9BCABD-1906-439A-BA13-9F546D818912

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Try living in the Colorado mountains. Zero chance of no damage. Zero.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Yup...1442 miles.

Ford Bronco Sport Rock ding on the windshield yet? PXL_20220210_233510885

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I discovered a tiny chip the inside of the windshield on driver side the other day. There's absolutely no way that's my doing. It hasn't been serviced yet, just the new tires installed a couple of months ago and safety inspection done early on. Gotta be factory issue as I have no other explanation.

Joseph

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I heard what sounded like a small "DINK!" hit my windshield on the freeway and there are now two VERY tiny white marks on the lowest possible part of the windshield in front of the steering wheel. Luckily I don't think these will amount to much, but I've only had the vehicle 5 days so I'm bummed.
Be sure to know, it will definitely amount to much much more… these windshields are garbage!
Hurts me to say it, but it’s true!
Sponsored