DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
Thanks Bruce for the Detailed intro write-up on this thread!

Here are a few more shots from the first Sport Off-Roadeo in Moab, including our Group shot at the Overlook. The last picture is of a Full sized Bronco on display next to "Basecamp."

I was fairly amazed how well the "street" tires handled sand and slippery rock steps.

Ford Bronco Sport Review from OFF-ROADEO Moab Bronco Sport 1st Class 5/6/22 _DSC2678a copy
Ford Bronco Sport Review from OFF-ROADEO Moab Bronco Sport 1st Class 5/6/22 _DSC2693a copy
Ford Bronco Sport Review from OFF-ROADEO Moab Bronco Sport 1st Class 5/6/22 Group Shot 16x9 b
Ford Bronco Sport Review from OFF-ROADEO Moab Bronco Sport 1st Class 5/6/22 IMG_8206a copy

Ford Bronco Sport Review from OFF-ROADEO Moab Bronco Sport 1st Class 5/6/22 _DSC2700a copy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Man! I'm still need to post my trail video. Nice pics. It was an awesome day. What Bronco # did you have?
If i can get some of our group..i can label their Broncos like a race / ralley broadcast.... That would cool.

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
Man! I'm still need to post my trail video. Nice pics. It was an awesome day. What Bronco # did you have?
If i can get some of our group..i can label their Broncos like a race / ralley broadcast.... That would cool.

DBBLTAP = Jack & Peggy in Sport #2.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Hey @BrianOntheTrail, when I originally signed up for the Sunday May 29 class, the start time was listed as 1:00 PM. The email I got last week states the start time as 11:00 AM. Can you clarify for us?

Hey! The start time this Sunday is 11:00 am. It is this Sunday only, typically it will start at 1.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Hey! The start time this Sunday is 11:00 am. It is this Sunday only, typically it will start at 1.
Yes, thanks Brian! I called and confirmed yesterday.

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
That was an incredible road! Did it last Saturday. Do you have the Gaia coordinates? Mandy was our guide.
S'Up Cactus Jeff
I am glad to hear you had Mandy for the trail run. Be nice to hear from her in this thread. I do not have the coordinates but I did do a search of "Owl Draw Road" in the app and it comes up. On google maps you can do the same thing- also look for "Lost & Found Parking Lot" .

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I was there the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend and while I didn't write anything down at the time, using the clues given I've come up with this. Drop the coordinates into Google Maps, hit satellite view and Bingo.

38.76067400945047, -109.50612290108329

What I love about the spot is that unless you park and take a short walk you'd never know it was there. I really wonder how many people have gotten to the end of the trail and simply turned around and started heading out.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was there the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend and while I didn't write anything down at the time, using the clues given I've come up with this. Drop the coordinates into Google Maps, hit satellite view and Bingo.

38.76067400945047, -109.50612290108329

What I love about the spot is that unless you park and take a short walk you'd never know it was there. I really wonder how many people have gotten to the end of the trail and simply turned around and started heading out.
Thanks!

Also,

What kind of radios were we using?

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Nice. I have my license and have some Yaesu HTs.
This seems to be one of the more popular GMRS radios right now. Definitely way more money than Baofeng, but people seem to love it because it transmits on the 15 high powered GMRS simplex channels, 8 low powered simplex channels and all 8 GMRS repeater channels at up to 5.5 watts of power, with no special programming needed. It just works straight out of the box.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wouxun-kg-935g.html
Sponsored