Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Is anyone using the Rear Seat console vault? I am currently just using a tethered lockbox in there but its a little clunky as the cable then takes up space making it harder to store other items in there when needed. I normally only have one need for the storage space, but there are times I store a wallet and keys in there and it would be nice to have them also locked.

I'm just looking for some real life reviews from people that have it. Do you think it's been worth the investment or should I just stick with a cheap tethered lockbox? Even if someone broke in they probably wouldn't find that storage unless they knew it was there as they would be in and out of the vehicle quickly. I'm really just trying to justify spending a couple hundred dollars I probably don't need too lol.
Sponsored

CLR

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Pics? Links? Sounds interesting.

CLR

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I bought the unbranded under seat safe. Looks just like the picture without the Ford Logo. I had it in my 2022 Badlands. It is now sitting in my laundry room on the dryer. I found the reach from the drivers seat to be awkward so I removed it and added a tethered safe under my drivers seat. I can reach it without actually straining to grab it. If your really interested, check the Marketplace. I hope to have all my extra goodies up before the end of the year, of which that safe is one.

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I bought the unbranded under seat safe. Looks just like the picture without the Ford Logo. I had it in my 2022 Badlands. It is now sitting in my laundry room on the dryer. I found the reach from the drivers seat to be awkward so I removed it and added a tethered safe under my drivers seat. I can reach it without actually straining to grab it. If your really interested, check the Marketplace. I hope to have all my extra goodies up before the end of the year, of which that safe is one.
It's definitely not easy to access from the drivers seat, but I'm not locking anything up while I'm in the vehicle. I really only use my lockbox right now when going to someone's house or at the airport which I'm at frequently.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
It's definitely not easy to access from the drivers seat, but I'm not locking anything up while I'm in the vehicle. I really only use my lockbox right now when going to someone's house or at the airport which I'm at frequently.
It’s also awkward because the seat doesn’t like to stay up by itself, but that may be my issue and it wouldn’t bother anyone else.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I have it and really love it. It’s perfect for exactly what you’re saying, to store my wallet and pocket valuables when I go running, since there’s nowhere else in the vehicle to lock something up.

It is a small (and shallow) space to begin with and the vault makes it even smaller, but I don’t really need to use it for anything bigger than a pouch. As noted, the seat doesn’t stay up by itself, so I just use my arm or shoulder to hold it up while I open the safe, not a big deal at all.

The only hiccup for me is that my aging eyes can’t see the combo very well, so I usually have to use readers to open it lol. If they’d offered the larger four-digit lock when I originally got mine, I would have likely paid the extra $ for it (they introduced the larger lock a few months after I got mine).

I got mine directly from the manufacturer with a 20% off Valentine’s Day sale, so that was nice; I was going to use my FordPass points otherwise.
https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-Bronco-Sport-Under-Rear-Seat-In-Vehicle-Safe-2021-–-2024_p_225.html
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Seat Console Vault - Any users? IMG_3620

With my wallet and a 7x6 inch pouch I use for small valuables in it.
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Seat Console Vault - Any users? IMG_3621

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I have it and really love it. It’s perfect for exactly what you’re saying, to store my wallet and pocket valuables when I go running, since there’s nowhere else in the vehicle to lock something up.

It is a small (and shallow) space to begin with and the vault makes it even smaller, but I don’t really need to use it for anything bigger than a pouch. As noted, the seat doesn’t stay up by itself, so I just use my arm or shoulder to hold it up while I open the safe, not a big deal at all.

The only hiccup for me is that my aging eyes can’t see the combo very well, so I usually have to use readers to open it lol. If they’d offered the larger four-digit lock when I originally got mine, I would have likely paid the extra $ for it (they introduced the larger lock a few months after I got mine).

I got mine directly from the manufacturer with a 20% off Valentine’s Day sale, so that was nice; I was going to use my FordPass points otherwise.
https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-Bronco-Sport-Under-Rear-Seat-In-Vehicle-Safe-2021-–-2024_p_225.html
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Seat Console Vault - Any users? IMG_3620

With my wallet and a 7x6 inch pouch I use for small valuables in it.
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Seat Console Vault - Any users? IMG_3621
Thank you.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
The rear seat in my 2023 Outer banks does not look like the one in the photo. Anyone have a picture of this in their BS?

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
The rear seat in my 2023 Outer banks does not look like the one in the photo. Anyone have a picture of this in their BS?
Only the Badlands have the under seat storage

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Only the Badlands have the under seat storage
That's what I thought but the ad said that it fits all the BS. I would like to see an installation on an Outer Banks if anyone has one.

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
That's what I thought but the ad said that it fits all the BS. I would like to see an installation on an Outer Banks if anyone has one.
Description is wrong. You’d have to replace the back seat with a Badlands seat that has the hatch. The only safe that’s compatible with all is the center console vault

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I own the underseat safe from Console Vault and I'm happy with it. I think the elite lock upgrade is worth it. They sometimes have 20% off sales.

I did not like the three digit combo lock that is default on the clone on Amazon... the numbers are easier to see, the lock twists freely unless combo is correct to unlock, so you can twist it to whatever view is most convenient rather than it being oriented in a single direction. They also bill it as a security feature ("NOTE: You will notice the lock can spin while in the locked position without unlatching. This is a security feature we refer to as Free Rotation to prevent criminals from twisting and breaking the Elite Lock, keeping your valuables secure.")

They sell the lock separately for upgrade for $60; over a barrel key, they charge $50 extra for the lock on the site. The upgrade is worth it, in my opinion, and the swap of locks is not bad. It comes with instructions. Just wait for a 20% off sale.
Sponsored