Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Once you take the door panel off, you still can't access the window track. Everything is behind a big plastic panel that is riveted (IIRC) to the metal door.

Edit: Not riveted, see picture.
Ford Bronco Sport Rear Passenger Window Stuck 1686170139284
No idea on the Sport. The T-Bird had a split rail with a gap. One side had jumped the track which is what caused the uneven window. Still a pain, especially in the down position.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bron Swanson

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hey again all. Replying to a few at once:

- The window is stuck down.

- I have a mechanically inclined buddy who mentioned taking the door panel off. From what I could tell via Youtube videos, it might take all of 5 minutes to get the panel off. However, as the vehicle is still under warranty, I don't want to go down the road of pulling things apart.

Years ago the driver window on my old 2012 Focus died, and that same buddy actually did take the door panel off in that case. Neither he nor I could get our hands in the narrow area where a part needed to be replaced, and it became quite a hassle to find someone with hands small enough to be able to do the work. Even if the BS were older and out of warranty, I still don't think I would want to try this again myself :cwl:

- Based on a bit more Google work the last few days, I am curious if it will indeed end up being the window regulator.

- I was able to get an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership I bought the vehicle from. Given that I have concerns about the noise/issue possibly burning out other parts or causing other issues if I drive for any real length of time, I was hoping to get in at a dealership a bit closer. That said though, no other dealer near me could get to it anytime this week.

- I messaged Ford about their reply to this thread, and I now have a case number and contact that I can reach out to.

- I will keep this thread updated.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
@Bron Swanson

This is a know issue on the Maverick forum, always the pass/rear window. Solution is replacing the drivers switch cluster. While I do not know for a fact it's the same exact switch, it is likely.
If part not available service can and should raise the window and disconnect the motor until part is in.
This should be considered an emergency interim remedy by the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bron Swanson

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
@Bron Swanson

This is a know issue on the Maverick forum, always the pass/rear window. Solution is replacing the drivers switch cluster. While I do not know for a fact it's the same exact switch, it is likely.
If part not available service can and should raise the window and disconnect the motor until part is in.
This should be considered an emergency interim remedy by the dealer.
Thanks a ton for letting me know about this! Those posts sounded like the exact same issue.

I called the dealership just a minute ago, as yesterday afternoon they hadn't yet had a chance to look at it. The lady I spoke with today said they had found the issue, and it was something with the passenger door switch.

I don't know the mechanical end of things, so I am unsure if that sounds correct in the long run. If it was the passenger door switch, and I legitimately have never used the passenger door switch...how did it cause an issue when I was using the driver controls?

I probably am just misunderstanding what she was trying to explain to me...maybe she was meaning regardless of which control you use (driver or passenger), there is a switch that went bad in the passenger door...or maybe there is a switch for the passenger door inside the driver door, and that is the switch they replaced. (Can you tell I know jack squat about mechanical stuff?)

Whatever the situation, knowing about the Maverick issues is definitely something I will keep in my back pocket. If the issue happens again with my BS, I will know where to point the techs to in terms of figuring out what else might be going on.

One bit of luck in all this...apparently someone who was due for the Fuel Injector related recall didn't show up for their appointment today. Since my BS was already in the repair bay, they went ahead and did the Injector Recall work using the part that had been allotted for the other person.

Hopefully at some point this afternoon I will get a call saying my BS is ready with the window fixed, the recall work done, and the 15,000 mile maintenance done. (crosses fingers)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I called the dealership just a minute ago, as yesterday afternoon they hadn't yet had a chance to look at it. The lady I spoke with today said they had found the issue, and it was something with the passenger door switch.
Do you mean the switch on the affected door, or the front passenger door switch?

OP
OP
Bron Swanson

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Do you mean the switch on the affected door, or the front passenger door switch?

The lady told me it was the switch on the rear passenger door (the affected door) that had to be fixed.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The lady told me it was the switch on the rear passenger door (the affected door) that had to be fixed.
Roger. I didn't see how the front passenger door switch could have anything to do with it. Regarding your issue: did you happen to leave the window open during a rain? I can't think of how a switch that's never used could suddenly go haywire like that.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Roger. I didn't see how the front passenger door switch could have anything to do with it. Regarding your issue: did you happen to leave the window open during a rain? I can't think of how a switch that's never used could suddenly go haywire like that.
Defective switch when switch was manufactured is one way 😏

OP
OP
Bron Swanson

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Nope on the rain. I am pretty protective of my vehicle, and I park in a mostly covered bay. I have legitimately never had a passenger in the back seat, so I am not sure how the switch could just go out considering it has never been used. Not sure how me using the driver control switch can affect the switch on the rear passenger door.

I plan on asking the folks about it again when I get there. I specifically asked if it was the switch in the driver door, or the passenger door, and she said passenger door. However, she also had what sounded like a parade going on behind her and was skimming notes from the tech.

Will update this when I know more.

OP
OP
Bron Swanson

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just got back with my BS. Everything seems to be working.

When I got to the dealership around 3:30, I asked the lady at the counter (a different lady than I spoke with earlier) about what exactly went wrong. She said "oh, it wasn't in the passenger door. It was in the driver door."

I would be willing to bet the lady I spoke with earlier today was perhaps skimming a bit too quickly and just told me the wrong location. (Again, it sounded like she was super busy, so I can't say as I blame her.)

Per the document in front of me right now: "Did not operate from front switch. Replaced left front door master window switch per test".

So yup, sounds an awful lot like the issue that folks are reporting over on the Maverick forums.

Whatever the case, I am just glad to have my BS back home and in working order. :rockon:
Sponsored