FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Did you start a case with Ford? It's the best thing I could have done. The dealer and crew kept my Bronco Sport for several days and finally heard the rattle/grind (and no, it was NOT normal engine sound). They determined it was a defective transmission so they ordered a new one and it's getting replaced this week. I'm hoping that's the problem. We'll see.
UPDATE - dealer was useless after having it for a couple days.

I actually removed the park release cable today and then drove it. Wow. So much quieter at least so far 🙂. At least that’s confirmed to have caused or acted as a pathway for noise from the engine bay the rattles are non existent between gear changes
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I actually removed the park release cable today and then drove it. Wow. So much quieter at least so far 🙂. At least that’s confirmed to have caused or acted as a pathway for noise from the engine bay the rattles are non existent between gear changes
Did you completely remove cable or just pull the connection off the transmission?

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Did you completely remove cable or just pull the connection off the transmission?
Completely removed because with it still attached to the transmission with the one bolt, it’s still under some tension on the wire so I thought lcd remove completely and see how it sounds

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Completely removed because with it still attached to the transmission with the one bolt, it’s still under some tension on the wire so I thought lcd remove completely and see how it sounds
Thanks for keeping us updated. It looks like this may actually fix your issue.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for keeping us updated. It looks like this may actually fix your issue.
Yes. Still good. No noise. I have the revised cable ford invented in December but just wanted to see what would happen if I took the original completely out and it’s nice

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Finally got myself a decent video (turn up volume) of the wierd rattle from the front driver side on acceleration. Listen carefully and you will hear it.

Anyone else have this occurring ?

Between 0 to 35 mph (50 km/hr) light on the throttle and you can hear the weird rattle sounds in the video. Seems to occur more around gear changes I think.

Update. I did not need a new transmission. It was the park brake cable which is attached to the transmission.The way it was was positioned caused reverberation that made all the noise. They ordered a new updated cable from engineering and replaced it and all the noises are gone. The field service engineer from Ford came to my dealership and they worked together to solve the problem.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Update. I did not need a new transmission. It was the park brake cable which is attached to the transmission.The way it was was positioned caused reverberation that made all the noise. They ordered a new updated cable from engineering and replaced it and all the noises are gone. The field service engineer from Ford came to my dealership and they worked together to solve the problem.
Hey. That’s great news ! Mind you I still get a chatter when I hold speed around 43 km/hr but the constant annoying clicking rattle is gone

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So my new 22 Badlands has this noise. It's loud. Happens when braking/accelerating at low speeds. I have <200 miles on it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So my new 22 Badlands has this noise. It's loud. Happens when braking/accelerating at low speeds. I have <200 miles on it.
Hello, Tracey! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

Fredghost

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
When I took my bronco into the dealer they told me it was normal and it’s just how they are.
I’m really hoping ford pushes a recall out for 2022s like they did for 2021s

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I took my bronco into the dealer they told me it was normal and it’s just how they are.
I don't know if you have the same noise as me but my dealer is getting me a loaner so they can spend more time trying to figure out what's causing the noise. But he said it is perfectly safe to drive.

CactusJack

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
was there a recall for this issue on the 21s? mine makes the rattling/chattering noise under low engine load/low speed/low rpm (more specifically - driving slowly through a parking lot between 15-20mph, very light on throttle and at/under 1700rpm)

I have an oil change appointment on 10/10, I'll mention it to them then

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
was there a recall for this issue on the 21s? mine makes the rattling/chattering noise under low engine load/low speed/low rpm (more specifically - driving slowly through a parking lot between 15-20mph, very light on throttle and at/under 1700rpm)

I have an oil change appointment on 10/10, I'll mention it to them then
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Hey! Your keyboard is working again ...
Sponsored