LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
How easy was the install? Looks like four screws; Correct? Any cutting or drilling required?

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
two questions
any better way to route elect wiring?
does it work with the Tremor/Badlands skid plate?

Last edited:
OP
OP
compass crusher

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How easy was the install? Looks like four screws; Correct? Any cutting or drilling required?
Plug & Play Forsure. Easiest aftermarket part I've installed so far🙂. I'm surprised because I can barely change my own oil🤣.

Yep, it comes with brand new 4 hex screws that are stronger than stock.

No drilling or cutting. Super easy.

Here's a link for the skid plate: https://www.rallyinnovations.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-sport-base-big-bend-outer-banks-skid-guard-fo-r9b-skg-01

OP
OP
compass crusher

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Interesting. Won't work on the Badlands. Odd that they'd make this incompatible on the model most likely to use a metal skid-plate.

(My assumption of incompatibility is that this looks like it would not fit where the Badlands has the front tow hooks).

EDIT: I think I conflated the RC lights with the skid plate. I thought it was all one piece. It's the lights that appear incompatible with the Badlands.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Interesting. Won't work on the Badlands. Odd that they'd make this incompatible on the model most likely to use a metal skid-plate.

(My assumption of incompatibility is that this looks like it would not fit where the Badlands has the front tow hooks).

EDIT: I think I conflated the RC lights with the skid plate. I thought it was all one piece. It's the lights that appear incompatible with the Badlands.
Their instrictions show it can be mounted on a BL/FE.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Mine is on a badlands and it fit and works just fine. It's nothing fancy, and in fact, I let RI know, that I believe the spacer should be welded to the plate. Installation isn't my worry, My worry is when it goes to the dealership and the spacers roll away from the tech as he/she wasn't expecting them when removing the plate for an oil change. There is another thread out there on the non powder coated version, but I did get the powder coated version.

OP
OP
compass crusher

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Yes, you're correct. This model skid plate isn't compatible with the tow hooks on badlands. Or at least there's a gap in-between the undercarriage and the skid plate closer to the front bumper where an object could catch on the skid plate. Like a winch or rope could snag on the front of the skid plate and rip off.

Here's a pic of the BL/FE skid plate
Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations Powder-Coated Skid Plate💪 Screenshot_20221003-121116_Chrome

It's not nearly as wide and looks a lot better in my opinion. Fits the vehicle aesthetically.

Here's base/bend/outer
Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations Powder-Coated Skid Plate💪 Screenshot_20221003-121126_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited: