Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
How does this compare to the factory skid plate?
Factory one is definitely not any thicker, and crucially doesnā€™t wrap upward at all. I think itā€™s one gauge under 1/8ā€. I think there was a thread where someone actually measured

Edit: forgot that it is steel, 12 gauge ~ 2.6mm or 7/64ā€

Last edited:

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Will this interfere with the active cruise control if you get that option?
Iā€™d think that light bar would. Collision avoidance uses the cameras at the top of the windshield, but Adaptive cruise radar is right above the license plate.

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Very nice but this skid plate doesn't best work, it needs to be wider to compensate the total area mainly in front of the wheel box to simple off road...

See my video here:

Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate installed on Bronco Sport Captura de Tela 2021-11-16 aĢ€s 18.54.52

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Very nice but this skid plate doesn't best work, it needs to be wider to compensate the total area mainly in front of the wheel box to simple off road...
I believe the skid plate is intended solely to protect critical engine parts. The plastic bits don't affect driveability and are easily (notice I didn't say inexpensively) replaced, but a hole in your radiator will put your Bronco out of action.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d think that light bar would. Collision avoidance uses the cameras at the top of the windshield, but Adaptive cruise radar is right above the license plate.
Based on this image from the manual, and assuming the adaptive cruise uses the radar sensor, I believe you are correct.

Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate installed on Bronco Sport 6f431f96-8b51-412a-af43-10cb548d9fe4-jpe

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
I believe the skid plate is intended solely to protect critical engine parts. The plastic bits don't affect driveability and are easily (notice I didn't say inexpensively) replaced, but a hole in your radiator will put your Bronco out of action.
Yes and no, because the radiator starts above the skidplate, this protection of this size is either for aesthetics or is it to protect the plastic generating a slip on some rock, preventing the car from getting stuck, but don't protect the radiator sincerely.

In front of the dora box on the left side there is a large electronic component that could cause a breakdown if it is damaged, a terrible manufacturing error for an off road car that needs to use lateral entry and attack angles.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In front of the dora box on the left side there is a large electronic component that could cause a breakdown if it is damaged, a terrible manufacturing error for an off road car that needs to use lateral entry and attack angles.
Thanks for sharing.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Take my moneyā€¦

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
My take on this is that it is not for off road so much as for what a rally car might encounter when it compresses over a hill top jump. Makes sense as the company is a rally car prep company. Also makes sense since at its best, the Bronco Sport has more in common with a Subaru WRX in rally spec than it does an actual off road truck.
I have to keep reminding myself of this and reminding myself that for day to day drivability this is a good thing.
Fordā€™s marketing aside, this is a car for rough and horrible roads and that is more than ok.
The fact that the drive system is so good and that it can fit such big tyres and that it is so comfortable makes it a superb horrible road exploration machine (think road right of ways, unmaintained gravel roads, very remote roads - next year we are driving the Trans Taiga - and things like that). It is good to see a rally company stepping up and making things for this car.
A big woohoo from me!

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
My take on this is that it is not for off road so much as for what a rally car might encounter when it compresses over a hill top jump. Makes sense as the company is a rally car prep company. Also makes sense since at its best, the Bronco Sport has more in common with a Subaru WRX in rally spec than it does an actual off road truck.
I have to keep reminding myself of this and reminding myself that for day to day drivability this is a good thing.
Fordā€™s marketing aside, this is a car for rough and horrible roads and that is more than ok.
The fact that the drive system is so good and that it can fit such big tyres and that it is so comfortable makes it a superb horrible road exploration machine (think road right of ways, unmaintained gravel roads, very remote roads - next year we are driving the Trans Taiga - and things like that). It is good to see a rally company stepping up and making things for this car.
A big woohoo from me!
couldnt agree more. With that said every time I see a video of someone taking one of these off-road and putting it through itā€™s paces im Impressed. Combined with the couple videos/pics Ive seen of rolled ones certainly instills some confidence in its safety capabilities as well.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2010 Limited
Damn that's always my worry. Wish they'd keep the ACC in mind when designing these.

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
This is the light bar and skid plate that will soon come out from them. It's paired with baja design lights and a trigger 4 plus to control the lights. The Skid Guard is 1/8" 5052 Aluminum

Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate installed on Bronco Sport IMG_29951

Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate installed on Bronco Sport 20211113_112603

Ford Bronco Sport Rally Innovations light bar and skid plate installed on Bronco Sport imagejpeg_0(1)
Looks awesome. Are they going to be selling them on there website? Question with your lettering. Are the red letters an overlay or did you have them painted. It looks like the edge is red as well.
Sponsored