Waiting_In_TX

Badlands
First Name
JoAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone purchased a "demo" BS Badlands now that Ford is allowing dealers to sell them? Is there any sort of price reduction since it's a "used" car? I might have the opportunity to pick one up and would be interested in people's thoughts.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, my deal as soon as I can get my hands on the vehicle, it's sitting on the lot. Ordinary deals, the dealer uses the MCO and your reg. application to submit for your new title, you get it <= 90 days later in the mail -- I think in these cases the dealer has to take ownership from Ford (i.e. get a title) before they can sell to you, creating some delay if they haven't anticipated this. It's negotiable -- but my dealer was already advertising a discount, and I asked for more taken off for the miles on it already. You should ask for a min. $0.40-$0.50 per demo mile discount on top of everything else. $1.00/mile discount, even better if you can get it -- you don't get what you don't ask for! (I renegotiated when Ford pulled the plug on the mannequin program, so stopped the clock way early with less than 1,000 miles on it.) I walked on the first guy (laughing all the way) who offered me $500 off MSRP after 4,000 miles -- that's all. No way, you should be able to get a discount AND another for the demo miles AND any current financing and Ford rebate incentives. Don't be too desperate for a new Sport and cut a bad deal for yourself. Good things come to those who wait.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you tRex, this was exceedingly helpful!
YMMV though, some dealers in some areas are pretty stubbornly holding the line on MSRP, even adding markups. Not worth it IMHO, the Sport is already relatively expensive -- why I'll only complete this (eventually) by cutting a good deal. Most or all of the mannequins/FCTP program Sports are being sold now, and early (so with not a lot of miles on them as was originally expected). To you the buyer it's "used," but they're thinking of it as "new" -- and frankly they are being sold as new. And it's likely a loaded Outer Banks or Badlands that are also fewer and further between on lots right now.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think the issue you will run into, and we have seen the posts on this forum discussing that these dealerships aren’t having an issue finding a buyer; buyer’s are having an issue finding inventory. The rule of economics comes into play here (supply & demand), if you try to bargain, well there may be someone right behind you that will pay the asking less the $500 incentive everyone is getting essentially. So, really, I would make the decision on whether or not you want the car and can accept that price point, at this time. If you wait a year, there is a chance the hype settles and supply gets in line with demand, offering you negotiating power. Right now, it’s a Seller’s market with these Bronco’s, Sports and 6th Gen Bronco’s. Selfishly, I want this product to remain limited in production to hold resale value, that’s why I spent extra on the Badlands and decided to go ahead and forego the BL package and wait time, and drive it off the lot immediately. I had a $2k markup over msrp, less the $500 but they did me right on my trade in and the offered financing.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We purchased an Area 51 Badlands. Discount? Just like a bank discount… it was extra.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I just brought home an Outer Banks Mannequin with 2600 miles on it. Same as my (5/17 build OB, tow and co-pilot packages) but it was reduced to $35,800 plus doc fees etc and tax. But it also had some additional options thrown in at no charge, cross bars, roof carrier and rear splash guards. I was the beneficiary of great timing. Someone was trying to get another $400 off the Saturday prior to my calling about the Bronco. He called them back on Monday to try again but I had already swooped in. I picked it up today. Now I don’t have to wait until June.

OP
OP

Waiting_In_TX

Badlands
First Name
JoAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I really appreciate everyone's input! I *think* we have something worked out, but don't want to jinx it. Hopefully tomorrow I can update with some pictures of our new ride! It feels like this is the latest installment in our "We might get a Bronco this week"saga that has been going on for far too long...:cwl:

OP
OP

Waiting_In_TX

Badlands
First Name
JoAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just brought home an Outer Banks Mannequin with 2600 miles on it. Same as my (5/17 build OB, tow and co-pilot packages) but it was reduced to $35,800 plus doc fees etc and tax. But it also had some additional options thrown in at no charge, cross bars, roof carrier and rear splash guards. I was the beneficiary of great timing. Someone was trying to get another $400 off the Saturday prior to my calling about the Bronco. He called them back on Monday to try again but I had already swooped in. I picked it up today. Now I don’t have to wait until June.
Congratulations! Sightly jealous, but congrats!

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I really appreciate everyone's input! I *think* we have something worked out, but don't want to jinx it. Hopefully tomorrow I can update with some pictures of our new ride! It feels like this is the latest installment in our "We might get a Bronco this week"saga that has been going on for far too long...:cwl:
Good Luck.

KosmicKid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Raptor '10 Jaguar XKR '21 Bronco Sport
That's how I 'lucked' into mine. Though here in CO the dealers are allowed up to a certain mileage and still sell as new, so really no discount as it's still considered new.
Dealership was being sold, got it with about 600 miles on it, X Plan was the biggest discount, along with Yakima ski racks (or whatever they were). Enjoying it till it's big brother comes home this fall (maybe)

Rustlesee

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I picked up the dealers BS Badlands, was able to talk them down $1000 off sticker, they wouldn’t budge. Like someone else pointed out, supply and demand. I even drive seven hours to pick it up! I’d say go for it.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
That's how I 'lucked' into mine. Though here in CO the dealers are allowed up to a certain mileage and still sell as new, so really no discount as it's still considered new.
Dealership was being sold, got it with about 600 miles on it, X Plan was the biggest discount, along with Yakima ski racks (or whatever they were). Enjoying it till it's big brother comes home this fall (maybe)

Did you get the Area 51 BL+BL from Mike Naughton?!