Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I recently discovered YAA on youtube. It took some time for the older guy to grow on me. However for people new to all things related to dealing with a new car purchase or a used car there is a ton of good information by them to be had. Everything from how to negotiate the Out the Door price to what to watch for in the finance office. I think alot of us here can learn a thing or two. Lets face it, It does not require much effort to get screwed by a car salesman/dealership. It does take work and knowledge to not get it in the shorts. And yes they are not all bad. but the odds are against them. lmao.
Sponsored

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There is truth to that. I learned very young how the game is played. I go in (having researched) and I go in with what I will put down, and what I will accept as a payment.

I have purchased 6 vehicles in my life and donā€™t feel screwed at any point.

I have gotten to the exit and once to my existing car before they stopped me and gave me what I wanted.

I have never paid extra for warranty extension either.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
A lot of people may not have your experiance or knowledge. Knowledge is power as they say. I am just trying to help some out. Based on some of the different threads I have read some can use their information. And who knows even a seasoned buyer may learn something. Today Is A Good Day.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have gotten to the exit and once to my existing car before they stopped me and gave me what I wanted.
I once got to the on-ramp for the interstate headed home before my phone rang. Most of these sales folks have seen it all. If they don't believe you are willing to walk they won't budge. I made sure they heard my wife and me talking about the vehicle we were going to look at the next day before we walked out. :crackup:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The whole process of car buying is where cynicism is born and faith in humanity dies.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I once got to the on-ramp for the interstate headed home before my phone rang. Most of these sales folks have seen it all. If they don't believe you are willing to walk they won't budge. I made sure they heard my wife and me talking about the vehicle we were going to look at the next day before we walked out. :crackup:
Yup. And in the end, if you researched well and give them the ability to make a reasonable profit, they will bite when you walk. Eventually.

unless itā€™s a funky market (hmmm) then it may not work with a jerk.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Dealers and salespeople prey on emotion. They can tell when youā€™ve made a decision to have something . When people come to a store, they already know what they want and generally have often have already made a decision..uh oh.

The best way to buy a a car is to purchase when you donā€™t need to. You are emotionally detached and able to use logic.

you need to set a budget. Most folks are purchasing on the top sliver of their buying power. They feel slighted and remorseful

*IF YOU CANT PAY CASH FOR IT, YOU SHOULDNā€˜T BUY IT.
*No body can take advantage of you unless you allow it

people act like thereā€™s a gun to their head. All there really is, is ego. Their pride wonā€™t let them walk away.

(I used to be in sales)
Sponsored