RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would think ppf and a deflector wouldn’t hurt. The roads here in MA are nasty and filthy. Hiway seems to get a sweeping once a year. Pothole debris, sand/salt/whatever that foolish liquid getting applied before snow, all contribute to road deterioration.
I’ll just have to keep up with touch ups.
Sponsored

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Unfortunately Ford as of late has very brittle paint jobs. My Mustang suffers through the same thing. I ended up PPF on certain areas on my Mustang as the rear arches were getting chewed up from rocks being thrown from the front tires. My BMW M3 I had for 7 years and over 38k miles, with only 2 chips on the car. I had the Mustang for 3 mos. and it was littered with chips.

How did you get those chips on the roof? I would do the leading edge of the hood.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any protection you can put on is highly recommended. Pictures tell the story. 33,000 miles. Roof and hood.

Ford Bronco Sport PSA. Paint Protection (against paint chips) urged 733A0E04-90E3-401B-952F-C7E2706EFEBB

Ford Bronco Sport PSA. Paint Protection (against paint chips) urged D6423554-9A09-476F-B0CB-32189A16F740

Ford Bronco Sport PSA. Paint Protection (against paint chips) urged 30623CA9-162C-4E12-ACE7-DF32D87C9AAE

Ford Bronco Sport PSA. Paint Protection (against paint chips) urged CB97BDF8-4689-418F-8D75-EE1AE5E0D468
Yeah this paint may be one of the cheapest ever put on a vehicle. I have never had an Acura or a Honda with even 1 paint chip. The Bronco Sport is in a class of its own!

Tmbrowning

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My 2021 BB was showing quite a bit of rock damage to hood and windshield. I installed the AVS deflector on the hood about 3 months ago and it protects the front of the hood and I’m not getting near as many dings on the windshield.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve always had silver or lighter colors. I really don’t remember lighter color showing this much. Went wild with this red. I don’t regret it. I have touch up paint and will try to keep up with the chips. 99.9% paved road driving.
Just trying to warn others if it’s a concern for them.

My last vehicle was black... the first and last time I do that color. I went with Cactus Gray on the BS because it's super forgiving and easy to take care of... along with silver and white.

250 miles on mine... all local traffic. No interstate or high speed driving as of yet... because she goes into the shop next week for the full frontal PPF and a ceramic coating. I didn't do this with the last vehicle but definitely am doing it on this one.

The black showed EVERYTHING and I quickly learned that PPF is your friend on the front of your vehicle.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Just got ppf installed last week. Some 2300 miles, fortunately no paint chips. I do a lot of highway driving and my old escape was peppered and took a beating. I like the bronco sport so I got some XPEL installed.

Partial hood, partial fenders, partial roof, headlights, a-pillars, body colored front bumper strip, lower bumper trim. Set me back $1k.

Partial coverage was not my first choice as you can see the ppf line. Full hood and full fenders was another $600+. I really just wanted some sort of protection. Will be using a polymer based sealant for the rest of the car. Not a ceramic fan.

My focus RS has full hood, fenders, bumper, roof, a-pillars, side skirts. Looks brand new even after 63k miles. Well worth the investment.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got ppf installed last week. Some 2300 miles, fortunately no paint chips. I do a lot of highway driving and my old escape was peppered and took a beating. I like the bronco sport so I got some XPEL installed.

My focus RS has full hood, fenders, bumper, roof, a-pillars, side skirts. Looks brand new even after 63k miles. Well worth the investment.
Yeah I'm getting PPF on the front end... entire hood, a-pillars... etc... not worried too much about the roof but after reading this thread maybe I should? It's the gloss black though.

Front bumper and mirrors are flat black so those aren't getting done... but they are meant to do a better job at taking a beating.

Also getting paint correction and teflon based coating... entire job $3000 and I'm looking forward to not having to wax it. 😂

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Yeah I'm getting PPF on the front end... entire hood, a-pillars... etc... not worried too much about the roof but after reading this thread maybe I should? It's the gloss black though.

Front bumper and mirrors are flat black so those aren't getting done... but they are meant to do a better job at taking a beating.

Also getting paint correction and teflon based coating... entire job $3000 and I'm looking forward to not having to wax it. 😂
Even with gloss black a partial roof is a good idea. That leading edge just above the windshield gets a beating. I always have bugs and gunk all over that area.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even with gloss black a partial roof is a good idea. That leading edge just above the windshield gets a beating. I always have bugs and gunk all over that area.
Thanks for the tip. Will add that to the job then. I have noticed a few bugs on the leading edge of the roof already.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
I am going to have the front end covered in ppf this coming weekend. I was wondering, if I wanted to have the air design fender flares installed, would they have to go on prior to the ppf or can it be done after?

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I am going to have the front end covered in ppf this coming weekend. I was wondering, if I wanted to have the air design fender flares installed, would they have to go on prior to the ppf or can it be done after?
I would ppf under the flairs where they rest on the painted fender. I had dealer installed fender flairs and took them off immediately. Rubber gasket on the flair just grinding dirt into the paint.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
I would ppf under the flairs where they rest on the painted fender. I had dealer installed fender flairs and took them off immediately. Rubber gasket on the flair just grinding dirt into the paint.
Which flares did you have? Ever get them reinstalled?