t6a6y6

Big Bend
First Name
Thiti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Big Bend pre Collision sensor is not working at all. I never get any warning alarm or anything. I even set the sensitivity on high.
So I took it to the Dealership, waiting and wasted time for a day and got this answer.
They said they found error codes in the system for the fault but they don't know how to fix that because Ford Motor Company has no published material at this time for this concern ( as the car is still too new) .
????‍??
Sponsored

OP
OP

t6a6y6

Big Bend
First Name
Thiti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How do you know it’s not working as designed? You didn’t say how you found this out?
I've own many cars that has pre collision sensor so I know how it works. I've tested my Bronco many ways , I was trying to hit another car's bumper without hitting the brake but no alarm so I need to brake in the last second or when the car in front of me stopped immediately. , I never ever get any single warning or alarm since I got this car.

OP
OP

t6a6y6

Big Bend
First Name
Thiti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think the same thing happens to me. inform if you have news about the case. Thanks
The Dealership need me to leave the car with them and give me a rental car. It's been almost a week Unfortunately Ford HQ is still researching this concern. I'll let you know how things work.

Reactions: Jrl
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
The Dealership need me to leave the car with them and give me a rental car. It's been almost a week Unfortunately Ford HQ is still researching this concern. I'll let you know how things work.
Perfect. Thank you. Greetings from Argentina.

Reactions: Jrl

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
Hmmm. You think this can be tested safely with a big empty cardboard box? I want to make sure mine's working too.

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
Hmmm. You think this can be tested safely with a big empty cardboard box? I want to make sure mine's working too.
Yes, it should work. Make sure it is tall by simulating a child or adult.

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will be taking my BB into the dealership tomorrow to two items checked on. 1) The Rattle / Suspicious noise being covered in a couple of threads and 2) Have them check my pre collision is working. I have set the pre collision assist to the most sensitive setting and have received no indication that it is working. It does not alert or assist in anyway at this time. The back up alert does appear to be working just not the pre collision breaking.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
This is the process of a whole new system/vehicle.
I disagree, the process of having the consumer debug a new system/design is flawed. While there is always some post-release development for refinement, something like this should have been resolved during initial testing and development. There is a lot of "this is what you should expect" forgiveness on this forum just because this product is new. A buggy product release is problematic to me, and certainly concerning considering this is a released product, ready for prime-time.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I disagree, the process of having the consumer debug a new system/design is flawed. While there is always some post-release development for refinement, something like this should have been resolved during initial testing and development. There is a lot of "this is what you should expect" forgiveness on this forum just because this product is new. A buggy product release is problematic to me, and certainly concerning considering this is a released product, ready for prime-time.
As always I agree with your point. I guess my perspective, there are so many electrical things packed into these cars, getting everything right every time seems like a pretty steep hill. I agree they have a lot of blended tech fit into a new ride and should have it right. It's mechanical, it's unique...stuff does happen. If they fix it I'd say that's good.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
As always I agree with your point. I guess my perspective, there are so many electrical things packed into these cars, getting everything right every time seems like a pretty steep hill. I agree they have a lot of blended tech fit into a new ride and should have it right. It's mechanical, it's unique...stuff does happen. If they fix it I'd say that's good.
I'm kind of old school, when things had to be right before release or else companies failed. I remember software releases being delayed 12-18 months in alpha and beta stage getting it near perfect before release. The instant-gratification culture of the internet and the ability to patch buggy technology remotely has changed the expectation of consumers. Many are hungry for the latest tech and seem willing to accept flaws and bugs over delays, which if that becomes the criterion, can lower the manufacturer's level of rigor in quality control.
I agree that there is a lot of technology packed into these vehicles, but I would prefer less tech to buggy tech. They don't call it bleeding edge technology for nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited: