Pre-Collision Assist

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
I know from what I’ve read, that this can’t be “turned off” but you can turn off the active breaking (which I’ve done) and adjust the alerts. To me, this pre collision feature is more likely to cause me to get into an accident. I live in Houston where traffic sucks and you’re often coming to quick stops or getting cut off and when this thing goes off (even on the lowest alert setting), it is a huge distraction in itself. I have read however, that it can be turned off through ForScan, has anyone tried this successfully?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My dash started flashing red going around a corner with someone at my left. I make that turn everyday and today was the first day it freaked out for no reason. Kind of like having my wife in the dash instead of in the passenger seat. Not sure why anyone needs these add ons. I’ll lend you my wife if you need a driving assistant. I don’t even like the navigation telling me where to go!

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
My dash started flashing red going around a corner with someone at my left. I make that turn everyday and today was the first day it freaked out for no reason. Kind of like having my wife in the dash instead of in the passenger seat. Not sure why anyone needs these add ons. I’ll lend you my wife if you need a driving assistant. I don’t even like the navigation telling me where to go!
Lol! I think there should be an option to turn it off permanently, should be up to the driver. That alert alone will cause an accident, it took all of my focus off the road trying to figure out wth was going on inside my vehicle.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
I don't have access to our Baby Bronco at the moment, but I think I remember an option somewhere that allows you to adjusts the sensitivity and actually disable the active braking.

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
I don't have access to our Baby Bronco at the moment, but I think I remember an option somewhere that allows you to adjusts the sensitivity and actually disable the active braking.
Yes there is and I've done both but it's still extremely annoying.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saved my life and my family from an idiot on a mountain pass that moved lanes in traffic, slammed his breaks on and had no tail lites.

l think I’ll leave mine as is :)
Unfortunately, the idiots win again. Cars would be far simpler if idiots would stay off the road. Glad it saved you and your family.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Turn it all down to its minimum settings. If it still scares you your being an absent minded driver. Mine startled me the first time but after that I adjusted to the vehicle.
We are suppose to be alert and always ready for the unexpected.
This fright or surprise is telling you your not on your ‘A’ game.

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Turn it all down to its minimum settings. If it still scares you your being an absent minded driver. Mine startled me the first time but after that I adjusted to the vehicle.
We are suppose to be alert and always ready for the unexpected.
This fright or surprise is telling you your not on your ‘A’ game.
Absent minded is the last thing I am. I've driven some of the worst traffic in the Houston area for many years; by always being aware and alert and have successfully avoided having any accidents all without having this thing blaring when I brake harder than what Ford apparently thinks is normal driving conditions. The question was if anyone had used the ForScan successfully?!?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Am I correct in this “feature “ only flashes but doesn’t apply brakes? That has been my experience. But then again, much like Rainman, I’m a very careful driver. 😀

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most won’t get that far into it, Lowering it should be enough for most. Was for me.

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Am I correct in this “feature “ only flashes but doesn’t apply brakes? That has been my experience. But then again, much like Rainman, I’m a very careful driver. 😀
As am I. Correct, you have the option to take off active braking but the alerts still apply.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You set it up for emergency braking and it will get down to business.
Like lane keeping at max assist.
Set that up, get on a straight road, let go of the steering wheel and you’ll look like a drunk trying to stay out of the ditch. :’P
To a point,
Then it fails and off you go,
Typical,
Ford is not Tesla.

Reactions: Jrl

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you both for a speedy response. Almost like you were looking over my shoulder.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine only flashes but then I do not have 360+
Sponsored