Power Liftgate - Does it exist on any BS?

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Come On! Give the guy a break. He obviously wants a Bronco Sport, but is lamenting the fact that his wife ain't gonna go there for oh so many reasons!
In all fairness the BS is my wife's, I have a Bronco. She actually laments not having a power lift gate like her old CX5.
Sponsored

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Didn’t Ford introduce that feature where you walk up to the hatch and stick you foot under the bumper to open the hatch? Seems odd to not have it but I do think the BS was designed on a strict budget.
I had a foot-activated lift gate on my Escape. loved it.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Update: after looking at the CX5’s and other similar SUV’s and her not liking the 2nd Maverick that just arrived, my wife now realizes she would much rather go back to the Bronco Sport (even with no power tailgate) So instead of the impulse buy Big Bend like we had last year she wants the more comfy, more extra features the Outer Banks offers.
Ordered on 4/30 the White Outer Banks with Tech Package, Copilot 360 and Cargo management system.
Even though I love my Lariat Maverick, must admit, the Bronco Sport has a really cool, unique look about it.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
I figured it was related to the openable glass window. But it could also be related to the exoectation that people will be using a hitch often and it could hit racks?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
No power gate .

Ford Bronco Sport Power Liftgate - Does it exist on any BS? C5EA1B01-468A-4202-8931-649F287BCF22

Ford Bronco Sport Power Liftgate - Does it exist on any BS? 39739DF4-B375-4782-90F3-FD3700C333C1

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I guess it wasn't in the budget but if we consider this an adventure vehicle and not a shopping bag car then a swing door would be much more useful as would a 2 door version. The big Bronco is too big and expensive so the Sport is 'just right'.
But I think 75% are just bought as a cool looking csuv. Which is fine , probably what mine will be used for anyway.
But I really only need 2 doors and don't like hatchs. Way too heavy and very expensive to repair.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Knew it didn't have a power lift gate going in, and didn't care. To me it didn't fit the rugged/off-road intention anyway -- I wasn't buying another minivan. NOW, I'm so happy NOT to have it. I have the dash button to unlock it for somebody else on the outside, and that's more than enough convenience. I back up close to my garage door to park and shelter/hide what's on the back overnight. I have a rack/bikes back there from April through October -- I don't want/need a power lift gate crashing into any of those unintentionally, it would be useless anyway. Manual is perfect for me. I DO also find the operable rear window useful, and would believe that setup probably has something to do with this. I don't really understand all the fuss -- I prefer just that one little simplicity over a power lift gate.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
https://www.ensightauto.com/products/plg-escape?_pos=1&_sid=6e33c2a7c&_ss=r

there are retrofit kits available for an Escape. maybe eventually after market will have this if there is demand.

it doesn't look like would add much weight.
Dead serious when I say this...if anyone wants a power lift gate...buy the escape. It's a great vehicle. My daughter test drove one and it's more adept at the power and luxury crowd pleasers. Broncos were designed for rugged off road capability and a lack of refinement.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
And the BS believe it or not was designed as a rugged off road capable vehicle with some highway manners. For anyone needing a power/auto lift gate ..the BS was not designed with you in mind. It's an economy built adventure machine. Ford and other companies make several mall equipped luxury MUV (mall utility vehicles) with fine baby goat skin interior and pearl inlay dash and interior with the most plush and beautiful door to door carpet and shopping bag hooks to hang your days trophies in the back. I think an escape is what you want. (Sarcasm)
😵🖕(also sarcasm)🤣😂 I just need an easy way to open the back. Ammo is heavy, especially the 45.

why would anyone want something with mall in the name?
Seriously, there is the rear gate release on the key fob. Would adding the correct lifters cause it to open? I realize some type of motors would be needed to auto close.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
😵🖕(also sarcasm)🤣😂 I just need an easy way to open the back. Ammo is heavy, especially the 45.

why would anyone want something with mall in the name?
Seriously, there is the rear gate release on the key fob. Would adding the correct lifters cause it to open? I realize some type of motors would be needed to auto close.
That's why they build escapes. They have those extras. It's a great and very capable vehicle, and can haul 60 rounds😏 I'm siding with Ford in saying motorized lift gate doesn't fit the image of a Bronco. My old 79 had a swing arm spare tire, key down rear window which nested inside the drop down truck style tailgate. It's a style...you don't put fine Corinthian leather and luxury accents in a vehicle designed to battle the wrangler and Cherokee.
Sponsored