Possible new Bronco Sport Badlands owner w/some questions

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
OK, so I did a test drive today. Not a long one as there wasn't a lot of gas in the vehicle. Seems pretty nice, but strange given I am used to driving my F-150.

The vehicle is being offered to me at MSRP. No x-plan or other discounts. OTOH no ADM or crazy dealer doc fees. 21 model year and 22's are being ordered/production started.

Should I stay or should I go?

Oh yes, to make this even more interesting, my long ago (June) ordered Hybrid Maverick finally got a production scheduled date scheduled! (w/o Jan 22, 2022). That one I am getting for 4% under invoice + $400 "doc fees". So 30K for a Maverick Lariat + Lux package + co-Pilot360 + sunroof ...most likely sometime in late March/early April or 35K for a Badlands but no BL package (and no sunroof etc.)

Looking for current thoughts on the pricing aspect of the BS BL at MSRP.

I can afford either vehicle, so that part of it isn't a decision factor. Feeling that the deal is reasonable IS a part of the decision factor.
I can’t tell you what to buy, but I can tell you that I had my F 150 SuperCrew for 17 years and just traded it in on Bronco Sport BigBend, and do I miss it Nope this Bronco is so much fun.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So test drive a Badlands that dealer had on lot but did not buy? My guess is decision will be easy it will be sold to some one else cause those dont last on the lots very long.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depending on the the package the F150 has, I could see someone not being all in on a Bronco Sport no matter what trim level it is. The Maverick hybrid is intriguing, as you can actually carry things in the bed, it can also tow the same amount of weight as the upper level BS models and can get great fuell mileage.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
So test drive a Badlands that dealer had on lot but did not buy? My guess is decision will be easy it will be sold to some one else cause those dont last on the lots very long.
They are holding it for me for a day. I need to decide By tomorrow. But yes, I think you are right, it will go quickly. So I guess part of what I’m asking here is whether at MSRP it will fly out the door.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
They are holding it for me for a day. I need to decide By tomorrow. But yes, I think you are right, it will go quickly. So I guess part of what I’m asking here is whether at MSRP it will fly out the door.
Yes it will. At 3-5 K over it will fly out the door here.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
MSRP is a deal right now. Not just Ford or Bronco. Almost every car has added markup. They're holding it for you? Yeah, because there are 4 other people in line to call. You'll get any incentives too. If you're trading, that might be where you can make the deal better. They should pay more for the trade and you should at least get an offer from one of those overpaying online car buying places to negotiate with. Those sites do seem to make better offers for Big Bends than the top trims, but Badlands is the one to own IMO.

As far as options on that package; depends on what you can live with and without. I wanted the package and would not strongly consider a Badlands without the Badlands package. But the seat material in the basic version is really nice, and on '21s, package means moonroof so you won't have that somewhat controversial option to deal with either. The wheels and tires are the same with or without- that's a separate option. The main item you may miss is the 2200lb towing, but you can add a hitch later with a bit of work cutting the bumper fascia. Again, towing is a separate option to the Badland package which is mostly tech. Do you care about stuff like the autodimming mirror?

I bet you could put 3,000 miles on it and still get MSRP from someone.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
MSRP is a deal right now. Not just Ford or Bronco. Almost every car has added markup. They're holding it for you? Yeah, because there are 4 other people in line to call. You'll get any incentives too. If you're trading, that might be where you can make the deal better. They should pay more for the trade and you should at least get an offer from one of those overpaying online car buying places to negotiate with. Those sites do seem to make better offers for Big Bends than the top trims, but Badlands is the one to own IMO.

As far as options on that package; depends on what you can live with and without. I wanted the package and would not strongly consider a Badlands without the Badlands package. But the seat material in the basic version is really nice, and on '21s, package means moonroof so you won't have that somewhat controversial option to deal with either. The wheels and tires are the same with or without- that's a separate option. The main item you may miss is the 2200lb towing, but you can add a hitch later with a bit of work cutting the bumper fascia. Again, towing is a separate option to the Badland package which is mostly tech. Do you care about stuff like the autodimming mirror?

I bet you could put 3,000 miles on it and still get MSRP from someone.
Thanks for the feedback. They are holding it because I had put a $xxx fully refundable deposit on it when I happened to see it in transit. After seeing and driving it yesterday, I asked if I could have a day to think it over and they agreed, but under the caveat that they could/would still show it for "back up offers".

No incentives on it...a couple of weeks ago there was $500 retail cash but that is now gone.
Ford does have 0% for 36 months on the 21 BS, including badlands. Given no cash rebates I would take advantage of the Ford 36 month 0% loan just to use their 0% money vs. my cash.

No PCO (they checked for me as I did have one last June on a bunch of different models).

They did give me a quick estimate on my truck (it was their idea) but a) I don't think I want to part with it (especially given no tow pkg. on the Bronco) and b) they are lowballing on that front (mentioned 21K where I think it would sell private party closer to 30K). so no trade to negotiate.

If I had ordered it, I would likely have included the BL package + sunroof + tow stuff. This is the first time I've seen the BL non-leather seats. While pictures of the leather seats really look sharp (and I would have them if I could), the cloth variant does seem nice. (I was worried about that prior to seeing the vehicle.)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Like someone said above you could buy it and if you change mind later sell it and get all your money back out of it. As far as should you buy or not to many personal variables for us to know you will have to decide.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
If you actually do move forward with the purchase, the Badlands is leaps beyond the Subaru Outback.
Especially one that is 15 years old! :)

The deal is set. Figures agreed to, financing set. Going to pick it up in a few days.
Financed everything (minus the most I could do as a credit card down payment) @ 0% for 36 months. Payments will be a bit "hefty" (slightly over 1K/month).
Sponsored