GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How thick would you say the bash plate and gas tank skids are?

Is that a plate on the opposite side of the gas tank?

Last edited:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Whats with the Frame that looks so close to the top of your BS

Reactions: Jrl

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Are there any good Lift/jack points other than the pinch welds for emergency jack?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I too am curious as to lift points and what is hanging over your lift?

OP
OP
Midgiesbronco

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Whats with the Frame that looks so close to the top of your BS
That is the frame for my 1970 Olds that I'm restoring. Body is in the next bay and I wanted to store the frame indoors and got one of my crazy thoughts and hung it from the ceiling. There is a steel beam in the garage attic and can lift any vehicle besides a van to full height and it's out of the way and dry until I get it blasted and powder coated.

OP
OP
Midgiesbronco

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How thick would you say the bash plate and gas tank skids are?

Is that a plate on the opposite side of the gas tank?
The plate removed is the engine skid plate and I would say it's 12 gauge steel. I would guess it weighs at least 20lbs so more than for just show

OP
OP
Midgiesbronco

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I too am curious as to lift points and what is hanging over your lift?
I used the pinch welds for the factory jack, generally they work best unless you have a sub frame or full frame. That's the frame for my 70 Olds I'm restoring above the lift. The attic has steel beams so I used to block and tackles and hung it there. I can lift any veh. with the exception of say a larger SUV or van to full height and my frame is high and dry until I get it blasted and powder coated.

OP
OP
Midgiesbronco

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are there any good Lift/jack points other than the pinch welds for emergency jack?
Next time I put it on the lift, probably next week I'll take more detailed pics and see. I just did a quick LOF and grabbed my phone for a few pics for anyone that was interested in seeing the undercarriage of a BS Badlands

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The plate removed is the engine skid plate and I would say it's 12 gauge steel. I would guess it weighs at least 20lbs so more than for just show
Thanks,
I ask because I'm thinking of making my own using my splash guard as a template.
And some rock rails made of square tubing looks like an easy fit.

MtKitty

Badlands
First Name
Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Just about to do the first LOF, 2.0 badlands. Figured I'd show some undercarriage photo's and bare metal parts that I will pant

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail (2)

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail (3)

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail (4)

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail (5)

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands thumbnail
Thanks! Wondering if the bash plates were substantial and now I know. Helpful! Out camping this weekend and a mouse built a nest under the hood overnight. Two more mice jumped off after I started my BS this morning, out in the hills. Wondering if the bash plates are a spot they will also try to nest in and if so, is there a possibility of fire? Thank you!

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was looking at parts on fords website and came across this...are we suppose to have 2 deflectors? I missing one on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Sport Pics of Bronco Sport undercarriage, shielding and oil filter on wife's badlands under.JPG
Sponsored