nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
My dealer showed my pricing (September) with the 4XX some dollar mark-up from invoice that Ford rolled out sometime after I ordered in March, and invoiced in July. I balked and told them it wasn't what we'd agreed to in March on the "Preview order" form. They called the manger - he said I was price-locked to the original order date price. I got my partner plan pricing as well. I didn't get the Ford rebate that I was hoping on, but I was glad that they didn't do any pricing adjustment for "Market". Actually brought that up to them, and they said they were one of the few in the area that wasn't doing it, and felt as though their sales were benefiting from that choice.

Sucks for you, especially right now when a lot of dealers look at it from strictly a profit standpoint and not a customer relations one.
Sponsored

krupBB

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Koon's Ford in Falls Church, VA, did this to me as well - I wouldn't call it stealing in my case, but just unethical practice They did not mention the mark-up any time until we sat down to do the paperwork after the vehicle arrived, and tried to squeeze it in over my head. It was not mentioned on the window sticker (obviously), nor did the salesman mention it while we sat down and talked a few days before and when I test drove, nor even when they took my deposit for the vehicle as it hadn't arrived yet. They had me believe all that time that the price would be what the window sticker said.
Oh no.. I ordered from Koons Ford Sterling. I am hoping they don't try to do this to me. Although I do have an email exchange where my salesman stated that "this is your final price." Hopefully that will hold up.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Stories like this are infuriating to me. We were fortunate when we bought our Badlands, no "market adjustment" back in May.

When I went to trade my F150 and get a Colorado a few weeks ago, I told them up front that I would NOT pay any market adjustment and to let me know up front if they were going to. The price online didn't include the higher price, but the oversize window sticker in the truck did have a market adjustment listed. Well, they tried to explain why they had to charge a market adjustment to stay in business, but apparently it was a slow Saturday and they took it off. I think they knew I would walk away.
Hahaha you have to pay a market adjustment or the dealership will close! Hahahahahahahaahaha what a bunch of snakes. Some salesman really are the lowest forms of human life.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Stories like this are infuriating to me. We were fortunate when we bought our Badlands, no "market adjustment" back in May.

When I went to trade my F150 and get a Colorado a few weeks ago, I told them up front that I would NOT pay any market adjustment and to let me know up front if they were going to. The price online didn't include the higher price, but the oversize window sticker in the truck did have a market adjustment listed. Well, they tried to explain why they had to charge a market adjustment to stay in business, but apparently it was a slow Saturday and they took it off. I think they knew I would walk away.
I had a similar experience - not with my BS (which I also bought in May), but shortly after in June, my husband and I bought his Ranger Tremor from the same sales person. He passes by the dealership on his way to work and saw the tremor come off the truck. The sales person held it for us to look at the following day and even sold it to us for MSRP. The dealership wanted to list it for a higher markup, but they let us buy it for MSRP - plus we just bought my BS. There are good dealerships out there. That’s not to say, it could be totally different now, but again, we always feel thankful at the timing we bought our vehicles.

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Agreed that dealers are not required to accept the Xplan. But they should not be allowed to change their mind 6 months after the order was placed. I have email from the dealer telling me to bring the Xplan form to the closing.
It's definitely not right what that dealership did to you. It might not do anything, but I would at least call and complain to Ford. I would write negative reviews on sites such as Google, Yelp, etc about that Palm Coast dealership you used. I actually had to order my BS from a dealership out of state because I couldn't find anyone who would honor the x-plan here in Georgia. The dealership I used seems pretty honest. The only thing I have is a signed order preview that shows the x-plan pricing and rebate I'm getting.

Last edited:

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I hear you but with these "chip shortages" all vehicles are marked up...even used. Now is the time to wait for a vehicle unless you really need one
Neither of ours were - both matched the internet prices to the cent.
I am not sure how the rules differ place to place, but I am pretty sure that the companies can charge less than MSRP here if they want, but not over. Never once in all the cars I have bought or in the dealerships I have worked at in the past have I seen that happen. The dealership deals here might be different than the USA. Pure speculation on my part, and none of us are a statistical universe, so who knows?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Neither of ours were - both matched the internet prices to the cent.
I am not sure how the rules differ place to place, but I am pretty sure that the companies can charge less than MSRP here if they want, but not over. Never once in all the cars I have bought or in the dealerships I have worked at in the past have I seen that happen. The dealership deals here might be different than the USA. Pure speculation on my part, and none of us are a statistical universe, so who knows?
I hear you; it's probably a little more strict up north hence all the BS got the upgraded headlights for one. So maybe the government controls a little more on that side of things to compensate for the free health care and the amazing paid leave for new parents ?‍♂
But all the dealers around me are marked up probably 15-20%. I'm sure there are some honest ones and look to do right but they are hard to find. I bought my BL in February right before the shortages and paid sticker price. The destination fee we pay is the dealers guaranteed profit.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I hear you; it's probably a little more strict up north hence all the BS got the upgraded headlights for one. So maybe the government controls a little more on that side of things to compensate for the free health care and the amazing paid leave for new parents ?‍♂
But all the dealers around me are marked up probably 15-20%. I'm sure there are some honest ones and look to do right but they are hard to find. I bought my BL in February right before the shortages and paid sticker price. The destination fee we pay is the dealers guaranteed profit.
We also all got the rear camera washers.

Bronconumber5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
First off, dealers do not have to sell a vehicle on any of the discounted plans! However, If you purchase a new Ford on ADZX plans the dealer has certain requirements that it must abide by. One is the plan pricing that is set by Ford, you are eligible for all current discounts and or rebates, and documentation fees can not exceed a set amount as well, and the vehicle must have a full tank of fuel. Plans are only available to certain corporations, business partners and dealership employees. I would file a complaint with Ford. Lastly it is a very unfair business practice to add so called market adjustments!Adding additional costs after you ordered is highly unethical !! The car purchased with the additional cost adds no more value to the car regarding equity. I recently refused to buy a 2021 F150 because of a market adjustment.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks thats good to know I go through Sanford from time to time. When I placed my order in March at Palm Coast there was no mention of Market Adjustments and they never advised me of it until yesterday. Had I known I would have moved on months ago as well.
Wish I would have reviewed my post first. Ask for Cowboy if you go to Sanford. The dealer is right along I4 so it’s easy to get to

Thinbluebronco

Big Bend
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Koon's Ford in Falls Church, VA, did this to me as well - I wouldn't call it stealing in my case, but just unethical practice They did not mention the mark-up any time until we sat down to do the paperwork after the vehicle arrived, and tried to squeeze it in over my head. It was not mentioned on the window sticker (obviously), nor did the salesman mention it while we sat down and talked a few days before and when I test drove, nor even when they took my deposit for the vehicle as it hadn't arrived yet. They had me believe all that time that the price would be what the window sticker said.
Order from Ted Britt Fairfax. They are very honest and transparent and would never do anything like this. I ordered an F-150 in June (X-Plan) and picked it up a few weeks ago. No issues at all. I just ordered a bronco sport from them (also X-plan) for the girlfriend. I expect no issues when I go to pick that one up either.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Is that coming from the dealer or the pricing from Ford?
Mostly from the dealer there was a markup of a few hundred dollars from Ford since the order was placed but that was reflected in the MSRP.

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
In my area most dealers are marking the up $5000. One dealer $7000 increase. The regular broncos they are marking them up $10,000

Chevyguy

Base
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That’s crazy, I just bought a base BS below MSRP and took Ford promotions for more savings. I guess we got lucky with ours

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
It's definitely not right what that dealership did to you. It might not do anything, but I would at least call and complain to Ford. I would write negative reviews on sites such as Google, Yelp, etc about that Palm Coast dealership you used. I actually had to order my BS from a dealership out of state because I couldn't find anyone who would honor the x-plan here in Georgia. The dealership I used seems pretty honest. The only thing I have is a signed order preview that shows the x-plan pricing and rebate I'm getting.
LAWYER UP. I would look at sueing them in small claims first. Send them a letter stating your intentions, a demand letter. If You gave them a deposit then you should have recourse, since that was “consideration” I would try to :cc the ford public relations office and regional manager. Then if that doesn’t work you can tell them your contacting the TV stations etc? Usually bad press, a good letter and some arm twisting gets results. Not always.…
Sponsored