OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
I got a “retail buyers order and invoice” along with the preview order. which is separate from the preview order. This is a signed document It has all the pricing and balance due at the end. These can be legally binding.
Thank you that sounds like good advise for my next attempt.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We took our first test drive at Palm Coast Ford, but didn’t want the dealer add ons and the market adjustment. Kept looking, and found ours at Autonation Ford in Sanford. It’s a little bit of a hike from SA, but worth it in the long run. They called me as soon as it arrived on the lot (it was a dealer order) and held it for me. Got it for MSRP less rebate, no add ons, and a very fair deal on my trade. This was back in April, so things were a little different then. Ask for Cow
Thanks thats good to know I go through Sanford from time to time. When I placed my order in March at Palm Coast there was no mention of Market Adjustments and they never advised me of it until yesterday. Had I known I would have moved on months ago as well.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way you are protected on a sale like that is with a signed sales order with the end price and signed by the general manager not a sales associate, very clear and very simple. That is a contract.

Ford Bronco Sport Palm Coast Dealer Stole My Badlands 809D1619-02E6-4436-9FEF-9C8D08C61FE1
Thank you and duly noted. I am a newbie at this and never ordered a vehicle before. Always bought something off the lot and settled for what was available. I was thinking this would be a chance to finally get a vehicle with the options and colors I wanted for a change.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in a similar situation to yours and have the same concerns. My dealer verbally agreed to X-Plan and $1k Customer Cash when I placed the order. I also have text exchanges with the dealer agreeing to those discounts. Now I'm waiting for the vehicle to arrive in mid-December.

Unfortunately there isn't much recourse if the dealer decides to charge MSRP or higher when the vehicle actually arrives. If that happened to me, I would probably threaten to sue in small claims court for "specific performance", meaning force the sale of that specific vehicle to me at the agreed to price, or award me the difference between agreed to price and new price.
I have the text messages too but they told me the price has changed and they are not accepting Xplans. I wish you luck and hope you have a dealer with integrity I know they are out there.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have the text messages too but they told me the price has changed and they are not accepting Xplans. I wish you luck and hope you have a dealer with integrity I know they are out there.
I would report them to FMC, I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THEY CANNOT REFUSE X PLAN . UNLESS THEY CHANGED THOSE RULES ALSO. I don’t believe that there so called new order ways are going to fly . They need to rethink there whole marketing plans, because hey FMC this one is certainly not working. Why don’t you go ,retrying what has worked for the last 100 plus years !

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't be too easy on them. They are know to be scumbags in the area.
Call every tv and radio station you can and give them your story , all these car shops are out of control . They want you to pay over MSRP by thousands and then next year you are so far upside down it will take us end buyers 5 and 10 years to recover . Totally not even close to being right. FIX IT

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
I would report them to FMC, I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THEY CANNOT REFUSE X PLAN . UNLESS THEY CHANGED THOSE RULES ALSO. I don’t believe that there so called new order ways are going to fly . They need to rethink there whole marketing plans, because hey FMC this one is certainly not working. Why don’t you go ,retrying what has worked for the last 100 plus years !
Dealerships don't have to accept x-plan. It's been that way for a while as far as I know.

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once again, I’ll ONLY buy what’s sitting in front of me. I will never special order Especially in this new world market.
Op you obviously got disposable money.
Lawyer up.
No signed contract,must be signed by both parties and be signed by store GM ONLY.and of coarse a end price.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
At the risk of being my trademark blunt, the bronco sport isn’t worth a cent over msrp. It simply isn’t that nice.
Definitely the right choice to walk away.
Here in Canada, the insane markups people are being charged and are paying for the BS in the USA can get you a diesel powered rubicon Jeep Wrangler or (if off road doesn’t matter) a pretty nifty AMG Mercedes SUV.
We replaced both our cars this year and, despite shortages, there was no hint of predatory pricing from our Ford or Toyota dealers.
Hopefully, you can find what you want without being taken for a ride (so to speak).

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Went to buy a BS a few months ago and every dealer I contacted would not honor the X Plan..

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships don't have to accept x-plan. It's been that way for a while as far as I know.
Agreed that dealers are not required to accept the Xplan. But they should not be allowed to change their mind 6 months after the order was placed. I have email from the dealer telling me to bring the Xplan form to the closing.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Stories like this are infuriating to me. We were fortunate when we bought our Badlands, no "market adjustment" back in May.

When I went to trade my F150 and get a Colorado a few weeks ago, I told them up front that I would NOT pay any market adjustment and to let me know up front if they were going to. The price online didn't include the higher price, but the oversize window sticker in the truck did have a market adjustment listed. Well, they tried to explain why they had to charge a market adjustment to stay in business, but apparently it was a slow Saturday and they took it off. I think they knew I would walk away.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
At the risk of being my trademark blunt, the bronco sport isn’t worth a cent over msrp. It simply isn’t that nice.
Definitely the right choice to walk away.
Here in Canada, the insane markups people are being charged and are paying for the BS in the USA can get you a diesel powered rubicon Jeep Wrangler or (if off road doesn’t matter) a pretty nifty AMG Mercedes SUV.
We replaced both our cars this year and, despite shortages, there was no hint of predatory pricing from our Ford or Toyota dealers.
Hopefully, you can find what you want without being taken for a ride (so to speak).
I hear you but with these "chip shortages" all vehicles are marked up...even used. Now is the time to wait for a vehicle unless you really need one

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
It is entirely up to the dealer whether or not they will accept an A,Z, or X plan on an order. Some dealers do not want to take them since it uses up one of their allotments when they can get more money from someone else just walking in off the street. When I was ordering my 2000 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab with a 7.3L diesel I went to 4 dealers who all refused to take my A Plan order. The fifth dealer I went to did saying that a sale is a sale and they would get their money in a couple of months from Ford but they would gain a customer. They were so correct and were very happy when they got an order for Four F-350 diesels.
Sponsored