BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The way I read that article is that Carbonized Grey is not longer an option?? It just mentions Shadow Black..... Even though the build and price shows CG still... Probably a typo.

And as others have said, If you look at mine (when you open the hatch), you will see that the CG roof is an additional color painted on top of the base color. Ford actually did an amazing job taping off the CG color all around. The lines are super clean and straight. This definitely adds more labor and costs. So its probably for costs obviously and also offering two different roof colors (actually 3 if you consider the white roof on HE models)....It slows them down. They probaly just want to make the BS as fast as possible.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
How is this Ford cheaping out? It looks like they offer the same options as before and added a matching color option. As far as I can tell all for 1 same price, so if you get a matching extra-cost body color, you're actually coming out ahead. Personally I think the two-tone look is a more upscale look. The color matching is just standard car-looking paint. I actually think the matching Cyber Orange looks horribly worse than the two-tone. It could also be a supply issue, or something to facilitate production, but I'm pretty sure they aren't directly saving money with the change.

This is Ford cheaping out:
Ford Bronco Sport Painted Roof OB Badlands 332422787_190022236978646_7914468227968281368_n

Apparently they de-contented the pencil holder. It's $8 on the parts site. Take that to the bank, Ford!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
For what ever reason, the painted roof on the Badlands has been a strange issue. I actually preferred the same color roof but at the time of ordering, it wasnā€™t allowable. Four months later, my carbonized gray Badlands shows up with a carbonized gray roof. When we check with Ford, they say Carbonized Gray Badlands only comes with a Carbonized Gray roof? Pretty much everyone since early 2022 have come that way. Not sure any of it makes sense but it is what it is.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How is this Ford cheaping out? It looks like they offer the same options as before and added a matching color option. As far as I can tell all for 1 same price, so if you get a matching extra-cost body color, you're actually coming out ahead. Personally I think the two-tone look is a more upscale look. The color matching is just standard car-looking paint. I actually think the matching Cyber Orange looks horribly worse than the two-tone. It could also be a supply issue, or something to facilitate production, but I'm pretty sure they aren't directly saving money with the change.

This is Ford cheaping out:
Ford Bronco Sport Painted Roof OB Badlands 332422787_190022236978646_7914468227968281368_n

Apparently they de-contented the pencil holder. It's $8 on the parts site. Take that to the bank, Ford!
So thatā€™s where my mechanical pencil disappeared too! Forgot about that little booger!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
So thatā€™s where my mechanical pencil disappeared too! Forgot about that little booger!
I tried to get it to hold an old fashioned tire pressure gauge, but it was too heavy and fell off. Maybe if I got the same thing in a cheap Harbor Freight plastic instead of the chrome plated it would stay? I ended up putting the dealership pen I signed with there instead.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Black roofs are now a $500 option, as opposed to standard only a few months ago
You're the only one I've seen say that and you've come by to say it twice. Even the Ford '23 build and price doesn't reflect that. Got a source? What about the Carbon Grey roof? $500?

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
You're the only one I've seen say that and you've come by to say it twice. Even the Ford '23 build and price doesn't reflect that. Got a source? What about the Carbon Grey roof? $500?
I just bought this week a catus Grey obx and it has a black roof it was built around 12/14/22, I was going to order a new one and if you do it came up with the black roof option for 500 bucks, this just started very recently if you don't get the option it's roof is the same color as the vehicle

Snake Eyes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2023 Atlas blue
When I ordered my 23 BL BS I only had the option of black or CG. I wouldā€™ve actually preferred it to match the Atlas blue body.
Edit: I ordered mine in October and wish they wouldā€™ve had the Bronco topo side graphic available then too.

Snake Eyes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2023 Atlas blue
I tried to get it to hold an old fashioned tire pressure gauge, but it was too heavy and fell off. Maybe if I got the same thing in a cheap Harbor Freight plastic instead of the chrome plated it would stay? I ended up putting the dealership pen I signed with there instead.
I wondered what that was for! If you get a chance post a picture of what it looks like for those of us without the featureā€¦ Iā€™ll silently cry now šŸ˜‚

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well I have felt cheated from the get go. Only Bronco Sport available on lot in Jan. ā€˜22 was a Black Outer Banks. All black no 2-tone obviously and I felt cheated that everyone couldnā€™t see 2-tone and automatically know I had leather seats and butt warmers. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Last edited: