Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I've seen people that clearly damaged their own paint claim to have a paint issue (e.g. back edge of hood), and I have seen issues where the car damaged itself (e.g. by the headlights) and I have seen people claim legit paint issues (blisters and such) and it seems to be at least somewhat color dependent. I see a lot more complaints about A51 paint, but that's a more common color too.

In my anecdotal opinion, the Ford paint is thin and cheap compared to some other car manufacturers. Though I haven't come across any true "paint defects" with my Cyber Orange paint. I've had issues mostly involving the many bits of plastic attached to the car. I only hand wash and rarely pressure wash with a wide spread and some distance.
Sponsored

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've bought 12 new Fords since 1970. None have had any factory paint issues so I'll judge your post as bull.
Saying is bull is a little harsh. I too have been fortunate to not have had paint problems. But you can see them on the road most days. In the years before the 80's you were told to let the paint cure. The newer paints are not supposed to have to cure after leaving the factory.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Saying is bull is a little harsh. I too have been fortunate to not have had paint problems. But you can see them on the road most days. In the years before the 80's you were told to let the paint cure. The newer paints are not supposed to have to cure after leaving the factory.
Most of the my new 12 cars/trucks were ordered and presumably "uncured" and had no issues.
As to being harsh, the OP said to judge for yourself which I did and stand by it.

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've seen people that clearly damaged their own paint claim to have a paint issue (e.g. back edge of hood), and I have seen issues where the car damaged itself (e.g. by the headlights) and I have seen people claim legit paint issues (blisters and such) and it seems to be at least somewhat color dependent. I see a lot more complaints about A51 paint, but that's a more common color too.

In my anecdotal opinion, the Ford paint is thin and cheap compared to some other car manufacturers. Though I haven't come across any true "paint defects" with my Cyber Orange paint. I've had issues mostly involving the many bits of plastic attached to the car. I only hand wash and rarely pressure wash with a wide spread and some distance.
Yes, I have a cyber orange badlands sport that I only hand wash. At only about 7,500 miles and after my first oil change I noticed really big paint chips by the headlights and further examining I could tell they had touched up the corner. The grill is rubbing. Dealer won't pay. I urge everyone to check near the grill headlights. Hoping Ford has fixed this issue, but I am having to pay to get mine fixed.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Cactus Gray BB Sport. Paint is smoother than my new Gladiator. No Problems with the sport or the last 9 Fords I have owned

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Do you park your vehicle outside? Something I never understood about Americans is how we have these huge garages and instead of putting the 2nd most valuable thing you own after your house inside the place where it's supposed to be, they fill the garage with boxes of junk and leave the car outside to fight the elements.
You sound just like my wife....you could have been quoting her! Drives us crazy to see 500 bucks worth of useless crap filling a garage....with 100,000 dollars of cars sitting outside......NUTS!

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
My 2017 Escape had some of the best paint I have seen, all my Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans had the thinnest paint money could buy.....all faded even though they were hand washed, waxed, and garaged. It was awful. Don't even want to talk about Subaru which had rusted thru every where at 2 years from new. Ford has the best paint of the common American sold brands.....GM, Ford, Fiat WTF (Dodge/Jeep), Honda, Toyota, Nissan.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've bought 12 new Fords since 1970. None have had any factory paint issues so I'll judge your post as bull.
This is no bull. I've see many with small chips. Look very carefully around your headlight assemblies.....you'll see them.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
After reading through all these posts, I went out to the garage and with a flashlight in hand, I examined around the grill, the front and rear headlight/taillight areas that met with the painted surfaces. No chipped paint at all.

I have had this 2023 Bronco Sport going on three weeks, and have put on over 600 miles on city/country/highway miles. The color is Area 51.

Posting my results to see if this is a particular color that does or does not chip in these so described common areas.

I will also be putting on the front hood deflector this weekend, and will keep checking the same areas. Maybe the front headlight area can chip with downward air pressure due to the hood deflector?

We shall see. I'll report in after a few more miles.

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You can see there is no space between plastic and body in the area where the paint is chipping off. I’ve kept mine in the garage, babied and hand washed it. I love everything else about my badlands and can’t wait to get this fixed. Collision guy is going to put some space between the body and plastic grill.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint issues on Ford Vehicles 58F68771-9C1A-4820-A25C-7FC63FC7B894

Ford Bronco Sport Paint issues on Ford Vehicles 1B22398B-DC1C-4C0C-A177-98BE9885FB4E

Ford Bronco Sport Paint issues on Ford Vehicles 66A2CEC7-1981-4679-B0E6-39F7FDFECBC0

Ford Bronco Sport Paint issues on Ford Vehicles 9FF2BDBD-EAD8-492C-899E-6465FE9FF07C

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I have a 2021 Bronco Sport. I’ve babied it. I hand washed it the first year I had it and it’s been to brushless car washes maybe 3 times. I had paint come off in September 2023 while hand washing bird doo off my hood. Paint is coming off the sides of the car as well now. I bought a protective coating from the dealership at time of purchase. When I took the car back to the dealership they told me it was a manufacturing issue. I am still under warranty but I also have a paint warranty because of the protective coating. Yesterday I came out from a store and saw a Bronco the same color as mine (Area 51) and it had paint chipped off all along the driver’s door just below the window. I didn’t inspect the car but I bet there were plenty of other spots. Mine is a mess. The only thing they’ll do to mine is touch it up. I’m sure it’ll look just wonderful (NOT) and I’m sure the paint will continue to come off long after my warranty is up in April of this year.

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Most of the my new 12 cars/trucks were ordered and presumably "uncured" and had no issues.
As to being harsh, the OP said to judge for yourself which I did and stand by it.
Before my Dad passed away in 2008, he had an F150 (can't remember the year) and I remember the paint peeling off of it. It was really bad, so bad that they had a recall. Not sure if it was Canada specific.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I had a small degree of paint issues on the hood of my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium, and my father had it on the back of his 2013 Ford Expedition.

I took the Fusion circa 2019 to ask a body shop for an estimate for a couple issues that were my fault (door dent, small scrape on the bumper). He gave me an estimate for those two fixes and said, because I picked the tricoat metallic paint, that he'd have to repaint the entire car to not have a checkerboard appearance and that supplies/labor estimate was a little short of $6K. Said he'd happily do the work for me but in my shoes, he'd live with it (which is what I ended up doing).

However, the bubbling by the hood, he called out as a separate issue and a factory one. That part was aluminum. The bubbling was galvanic corrosion. He told me it was an issue of the part not being anodized correctly, and even if it was repainted, the same thing would happen again.He also told me that should be considered an issue within the bumper-to-bumper warranty, since it's an actual defect in the underlying part that causes the issue.

I haven't had any paint issues on my Atlas Blue BS BL yet, but the car is less than a year old... time will tell.
Sponsored