Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If these are indeed blemishes introduced during assembly then this is problematic for several reasons:

The manufacturing processes involved would have been carefully developed and fine tuned long before production. Following that, the equipment and processes must pass a rigorous Factory Acceptance Test. And there should be in-production processes to maintain calibration of these rollers or any other processes that may be affecting fit and/or finish.

And following all of that, how did these get past Quality Control? This is not like a "first-year" oversight buried deep in some computer code or a part that didn't receive anti-corrosion treatment that fails later. These are visible, measurable, production flaws that should have been caught by any manufacturer prior to delivery.

This is unfortunate. Having worked for a Ford Q1 supplier early in my career, I recall extreme rigor with Ford quality. Hopefully, the Hermosillo Assembly Plant will get it sorted.
Sponsored

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
If these are indeed blemishes introduced during assembly then this is problematic for several reasons:

The manufacturing processes involved would have been carefully developed and fine tuned long before production. Following that, the equipment and processes must pass a rigorous Factory Acceptance Test. And there should be in-production processes to maintain calibration of these rollers or any other processes that may be affecting fit and/or finish.

And following all of that, how did these get past Quality Control? This is not like a "first-year" oversight buried deep in some computer code or a part that didn't receive anti-corrosion treatment that fails later. These are visible, measurable, production flaws that should have been caught by any manufacturer prior to delivery.

This is unfortunate. Having worked for a Ford Q1 supplier early in my career, I recall extreme rigor with Ford quality. Hopefully, the Hermosillo Assembly Plant will get it sorted.
Ya! It was very noticable on mine. All my black window panels are scratched and even some of the paint on body of car. I highly doubt they will be able to buff that out. Yes- i could this be a total oversight?

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I think I will be making that call as well. I just went to the dealership yesterday because I found all 4 of my tires were damaged on the sidewall - so I will just add that to the list of "oopsies".
I better look at my tires.

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I think I will be making that call as well. I just went to the dealership yesterday because I found all 4 of my tires were damaged on the sidewall - so I will just add that to the list of "oopsies".
I have some bug red mark on my tire. Wondering if they jutsvtried to turn it around or repair the side wall.

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
Yep! I have scratches on the plastic piano trim between the back cargo window and the rear passenger window. They have the part on order but since it's still in production everything is on back order
Yes! Mine is scratched there too

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you honestly believe there isn’t final quality checks and they are letting vehicles leave the plant with scratches. Most people reporting scratches on the black part purchased off the lot and this was after the protective covers were removed and test driven by other people.

This is not an oversight aid the Hermosillo assembly plant. This was careless handling at the dealership and oversight by the customer that purchased a vehicle that was scratched up.

Now if someone showed up for their order at the same time it was deliver and after the removal of the protective film can prove it was delivered with scratches... I’ve yet to see that.

I recommend you not ask for the dealership to wash your new car. And in the future wash your own car. Do not use drive-thru automated car washes.
I did, I showed up the day of delivery so....

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not calling you a liar but I would argue that your dealership scratched it while accepting delivery and carelessly washing/getting it ready after taking protective covers off for you to take delivery.. and not Hermosillo assembly plant scratching while assembling then placing protective covers to protect the scratches...

ofcourse the dealership won’t take responsibility for the damage especially if you bought it although they might chose to make it right which I obviously believe they should
They very well could have... But when it's multiple dealerships that are supposedly doing this because this isn't the only incident, it makes you scratch your head (pun intended). Sometimes complacency does happen.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Do you honestly believe there isn’t final quality checks and they are letting vehicles leave the plant with scratches.
No to the first, and maybe to the second. If you read what I said, I noted that there are quality processes in place. What I question is their implementation. It happens.

This is not an oversight aid the Hermosillo assembly plant. This was careless handling at the dealership and oversight by the customer that purchased a vehicle that was scratched up.
That remains to be seen. This is a new product, everyone expected some teething pains. The process variable is the new product being manufactured. Dealers get new vehicles every week and have for as long as they've existed. They know how to prep new vehicles.

I not discounting any factors, but when multiple owners dispersed over a continent report similar issues, then one might consider a central cause, and that in this case is Hermosillo.

Last edited:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Previously owning a Subaru Forester with "thin paint" I'll never take my Sport through a car wash that utilizes brushes. I'll wash it by hand.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Is ArcelorMittal being used on the BS as well?

If it is that could go a long way toward explaining the paint adhesion problem.

It might also explain the limited availability of the premium paints.
That's interesting. Part of Mazda's SkyActiv architecture is utilizing high-strength steel in a way to minimize weight. I am not sure if Mazda's implementation of high-strength steel included body panels, but I do know that the paint on my '16 CX-5 was susceptible to paint chipping.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I have some bug red mark on my tire. Wondering if they jutsvtried to turn it around or repair the side wall.
Red dot is high point o tire for alignment on rim. There also was a yellow line on my Pirelli tires - also for tire/rim alignment . Yellow wipes off easily. Search "red tire dot" for a lot of information.....

"The red dot indicates the tire's high point. Most of the time, a wheel will also have a dot—either a drilled dot or a sticker to indicate its low point. If you have these marks, you should align the red dot with the mark on the wheel. By doing this, you minimize the vibration caused by the high point of the tire.Oct 8, 2018 '

Regarding window panel scratches, lots of information on line about how easily those scratch on many other cars. Black plastic is the worst because any scratch shows up more. Usually buff out, but even washing car will return more swirls. Only long term solution is to wrap those panels. Maybe not be best choice for that part, but Ford did pick something that is eye catching. In hindsight a matt finish would wear better. You'll see same thing on door edges and key pads over time. Luckily most scratches are fine and only easily seen with light at an angle.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So as many of you saw my post I was one of the first to get my reservation in and my first issue so far has popped up. I was driving along the interstate for a decent (about 4 hours) road trip. Get there and notice a small chunk of paint missing on the front bumper. This is only at around 1200 miles. Not just a scratched clear coat or down to primer but completely down to the body. So currently working with my dealership to get Ford to respond about what they are going to do. That's an issue with paint not me getting hit with a small rock. There would be a lot more damage from something that would cause it to go this deep if it is was hit under normal circumstances.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint already chipped down to metal D756AB1C-0215-494E-84F6-9D8D73F25EC3
Try this for touchup paint:
https://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx

I never leave home without these folks for the inevitable stone chips. Select "Bronco" and yes, they do have Area 51 blue.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Also the whole paint chipping thing kind of makes me question the quality control, which again very well could be a one off thing but still, multiple occasions

I don't think you understand how deep the scratches are, I will put a picture of them when I get the chance. But they aren't just something that can be buffed out or only seen in certain angles. I have polished that black piano trim before on a different vehicle, and this isn't just a buff and polish. I have no problem with small swirl marks but these aren't even close to that
I have had a deep scratch from moving a previous car so I know what you mean. That car never showed swirls in 8 years. Post a few weeks ago mentioned swirls so that is what I responded to. Plastic trim is just soft on this car. Looks great when new.
Sponsored