Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
So... Are you saying that it was caused by us? Because regardless of whether we saw it when we first see the vehicle or got home doesn't change the fact that it was scratched? Maybe I'm missing your point but it seems like you just wanted to throw in your two cents saying we are negligent somehow.
I agree not dealers fault. That's ridiculou. WOuld be different if only one person said this.
Sponsored

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I took delivery of my sport after fully checking it over, finding the same type of scratches others are reporting and pointing them out to the dealer. Made an appointment that night to bring it back (since they were about to close) so they can to try to buff the scratches out and if that doesn't work they will order replacement parts on their dime. Had no issue with them admitting fault, it had just been delivered the day before and they obviously were not careful when detailing it. Now I get to enjoy my vehicle in the meantime like @Steinfeld9 which I'd rather do than leaving it there and waiting for them to fix it.
Mine seemed willingbto
help however they can too! Even got me a loaner truck so i could still ride my bike.

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I agree not dealers fault. That's ridiculou. WOuld be different if only one person said this.
woah don't go putting words in my mouth, I think it could be the factory but the dealerships should be looked at too. If multiple people have it here more often than just 3 or 4 then there's definitely an issue but bringing it up to Ford is the best way to get it resolved for future owners.

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
i disagree. This damage could be just as easily done by multiple dealer not being careful while detailing for customer as you are claiming the assembly plant damaging multiple. The assembly plant being the cause is the more ridiculous one. Someone already had their dealership admit fault. But sure believe it happened at the assembly plant if that’s makes more sense to you
You work for corporate ford or something? U sound upset. Honestly- i dont care whose fault it is. Its getting taken care of on fords dime. Not mine. So dont matter to me. Right? No need to argue about the color of the sky when it dont matter anyway! âś…

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
We are having the same discussion in our home about the gloss black trim and one of the window rubber seals being scuffed - all on the right side only. Part of me wants to call the dealer and say these were damaged... part of me would rather let it go because in my experience once a tech starts ripping trim pieces apart - things start to squeak and rattle.

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
sounds like you work for the dealership and that’s something they would say lol if a customer asked who did this to my car. It definitely does matter for other customers to ask dealership not to give a courtesy wash when they are clearly carelessly damaging the black part.

when someone doesn’t agree with you, it doesn’t mean they are upset lol?
Ya i dont tjink the csreSh helps at all gor sure!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Getting ready for delivery of the BL+BL in a few weeks. Today, I talked with the parts guy about initial accessories: paint protection and body stuff.

Here are a few of his recommendations.
  • The Ford paint protection package would be adequate and then to use F11 Top Coat to protect the rest. It won't protect from Texas pin striping but probably nothing will without a lot of money.
  • The bumper protector is probably good if, for example, you have a dog (like me) jumping in and out.
  • The fender flares are maybe not worth it (except for looks) if you are keeping the stock tires.
  • Instead, he recommended mud flaps (for us in the PNW where we have a certain amount of rain and mud and gravel...)
  • He didn't like the look of the body side molding... breaking up the visual look of the car.
He also said that have a little patience... it will pay off. The after market is just having to play some catchup cuz Ford kept things pretty close to the vest. They will come. He thought an ARB bumper would be available which would be nice to have.

So at least I have a little bit of an initial game plan.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Getting ready for delivery of the BL+BL in a few weeks. Today, I talked with the parts guy about initial accessories: paint protection and body stuff.

Here are a few of his recommendations.
  • The Ford paint protection package would be adequate and then to use F11 Top Coat to protect the rest. It won't protect from Texas pin striping but probably nothing will without a lot of money.
  • The bumper protector is probably good if, for example, you have a dog (like me) jumping in and out.
  • The fender flares are maybe not worth it (except for looks) if you are keeping the stock tires.
  • Instead, he recommended mud flaps (for us in the PNW where we have a certain amount of rain and mud and gravel...)
  • He didn't like the look of the body side molding... breaking up the visual look of the car.
He also said that have a little patience... it will pay off. The after market is just having to play some catchup cuz Ford kept things pretty close to the vest. They will come. He thought an ARB bumper would be available which would be nice to have.

So at least I have a little bit of an initial game plan.

Did they quote a price to install the Ford Paint Protection Package.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Did they quote a price to install the Ford Paint Protection Package.
No. The dealer does not do it in house. they can recommend someone.

Cpt.Diabetes

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks like you will be the first to buy touch up paint for a Bronco Sport , too. ( not making fun of your incident.. seriously hope you get it straightened out.)
actually I bought mine and drove off the lot after they detailed it only to noticed they scratched the paint. Went back next day and ordered the alto blue color pen, because the dealership didn’t even have the paint instock to fix it. Good thing I did too since I too got a small chip in front of my hood when I went up to the mountains.

mdub

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
found a similar issue last week-- driver door, right below the window, a series of chips right down to the bare metal. virtually impossible for this to be from rocks-- as the side mirror would protect that space, and there's trail of them-- in other words, a rock would traditionally hit and fly away, not traverse along the surface.

I believe this to be ice damage from the snow/ice sub zero temps we had right before I noticed the damage.

Took it to dealership, and they said no way would that be covered under warranty. Insurance claim started, but i'm also getting a few more opinions. Here's a copy of the 2021 Ford Warranty- there is a note about airborne material and paint damage- but my dealer said rocks/ice are not included. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/resources/general/pdf/warranty/2021-Ford-Car-LT-Truck-Hybrid-Warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN-US_07_2020.pdf

First edition, 220 miles at time of discovery.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint already chipped down to metal 20210217_174424

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
My bronco sport is at dealer now. There are scratches all through window panels, windows, and side doors. Take a look at your vehicle in sunlight. The dealer says alot of the cars are coming in like this. They said they have some roller bar in maunfacture plant that rolls up the side.
They get damaged in transit as well. I had a friend who was a mechanic at a Ford dealership years ago and he told me that the vehicles often came in damaged. The dealership repaired it before putting the vehicles on the lot. I’m sure they do a much better job now but whoever transports the vehicles around the country likely causes some of the damage.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
found a similar issue last week-- driver door, right below the window, a series of chips right down to the bare metal. virtually impossible for this to be from rocks-- as the side mirror would protect that space, and there's trail of them-- in other words, a rock would traditionally hit and fly away, not traverse along the surface.

I believe this to be ice damage from the snow/ice sub zero temps we had right before I noticed the damage.

Took it to dealership, and they said no way would that be covered under warranty. Insurance claim started, but i'm also getting a few more opinions. Here's a copy of the 2021 Ford Warranty- there is a note about airborne material and paint damage- but my dealer said rocks/ice are not included. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/resources/general/pdf/warranty/2021-Ford-Car-LT-Truck-Hybrid-Warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN-US_07_2020.pdf

First edition, 220 miles at time of discovery.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint already chipped down to metal 20210217_174424
Ford is going to end up with a class action lawsuit before they even get the big Broncos rolled out.

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
Just received my BS last week but noticed I also have a paint chip. Dealer said they would look at it but finding the right paint is the issue. Not a huge problem since the dealer has been good so far. The rest of the car looks great and plan to buff/polish/wax soon. I'll try and post and update when it gets fixed.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint already chipped down to metal IMG_2551[9198]BS
Sponsored