Heart2

Heart2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew
It is indeed a black BL with the gray roof. I just got it last week so I haven't had a chance to take it out anywhere for glamour shots yet, but here's a side profile shot from when I picked it up at the dealer. I like that the gray on the roof matches the gray in the rims. I ended up blacking out the bronco lettering on the front and rear because I couldn't stand the white. I love how it looks.

Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks vs. Badlands Bronco Side Profile
Thanks for posting that pic. That is the first gray over black that I have seen. I am still deciding on a body color, but I am thinking about a gray roof to match the wheels (if I choose the BL). I also like the FE black wheels with the black roof...might be able to buy a used set that were someone's take-offs. Thanks again!
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
:crackup: At the risk of 'justifying' my Badlands, the MSRP is only $500 different between OB and BL. :whew:

I get where you're coming from- I hadn't purchased a new vehicle in almost 20 years, so shopping was a lot of sticker shock. It's all tied up in the modern advances that are built in now.
Add you options......Add your options Then compare pricing at both with all of the packages. OB comes standard with features you have to add the packages on for the Badlands........

....... $500? Not

ryan_norris

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - Badlands
I just got my badlands and love it. It is a little rocket ship and has no lack of power. I may regret the gas millage but it was the only red within 200 miles of me.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Add you options......Add your options Then compare pricing at both with all of the packages. OB comes standard with features you have to add the packages on for the Badlands........

....... $500? Not
I'm not sure what you're on about. Both come with standard features not on the other trim. The MSRP is just $500 apart. Fact.

If you fully load them both up, there's just $1,500 difference. It feels less difference on a $40,000 vehicle than it is on a $20,000 vehicle, but my point is that you can't get a cheaper version with all the mandated tech stripped out.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I'm not sure what you're on about. Both come with standard features not on the other trim. The MSRP is just $500 apart. Fact.

If you fully load them both up, there's just $1,500 difference. It feels less difference on a $40,000 vehicle than it is on a $20,000 vehicle, but my point is that you can't get a cheaper version with all the mandated tech stripped out.
Exactly. Add the 3 packages to equip similar and it is $1500. When you state $500 your also comparing cloth versus leather, no rear parking assist, heated steering wheels.... unless you just want HP and a couple more transmission modes its not a comparison. Maybe that helps you understand what Im on about.........

At the MSRP Base for each the outer banks has more features.......... Id rather be teched up and drive farther on a tank than go 2 seconds faster.
I respect your viewpoint. Each to his/her own. Have a good one.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Exactly. Add the 3 packages to equip similar and it is $1500. When you state $500 your also comparing cloth versus leather, no rear parking assist, heated steering wheels.... unless you just want HP and a couple more transmission modes its not a comparison. Maybe that helps you understand what Im on about.........

At the MSRP Base for each the outer banks has more features.......... Id rather be teched up and drive farther on a tank than go 2 seconds faster.
I respect your viewpoint. Each to his/her own. Have a good one.
It doesn't have more features. It has different features. I really don't know why the debate. They're $500 different.

You told me to load them up, so I did. $1,500 and it's the OB missing bunches of features. Now you say those features don't matter, so why load them up?

I also preferred the leather interior, but I'll tell you, the Badlands 'cloth' isn't what you're thinking of when you say 'cloth' auto seats. They're really nicely covered. If that was the fabric used in most autos, I'd quit shopping leather interiors and save a few $$.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
It doesn't have more features. It has different features. I really don't know why the debate. They're $500 different.

You told me to load them up, so I did. $1,500 and it's the OB missing bunches of features. Now you say those features don't matter, so why load them up?

I also preferred the leather interior, but I'll tell you, the Badlands 'cloth' isn't what you're thinking of when you say 'cloth' auto seats. They're really nicely covered. If that was the fabric used in most autos, I'd quit shopping leather interiors and save a few $$.
OK LOL...Just stop... Heated seats? Base BL does not have, Power passenger? BL does not have Ambient Lighting? Base BL does not have.....Want more? Leather is more expensive period.... Cloth is less expensive. I'm sorry your getting so upset about your BL not having the upgraded features. I asked before and tried to make peace in my last post. Its just a fricking car ma'am. Go head and rant more if that pleases you. Sad thing is anyone can go on the site and see the differences. I'm sorry that is hard.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You're the one talking down the rides and tearing me down, "ma'am".

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
OB no options and BL no options yes they are close in price. You can add most of the OB options to the Badlands but not the other way around. The two models are really aimed at different buyers. And depending on buyer one is the better fit for them.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Quit and diming the options and just get what you want. You only go round once.

LengthyDicta

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OK LOL...Just stop... Heated seats? Base BL does not have, Power passenger? BL does not have Ambient Lighting? Base BL does not have.....Want more? Leather is more expensive period.... Cloth is less expensive. I'm sorry your getting so upset about your BL not having the upgraded features. I asked before and tried to make peace in my last post. Its just a fricking car ma'am. Go head and rant more if that pleases you. Sad thing is anyone can go on the site and see the differences. I'm sorry that is hard.
My base BL has heated seats. At the end of the day, the bigger motor was the single best and most noticeable upgrade for the vehicle. Almost everything else was aesthetic whereas having more power is functional across almost every use case. $500 extra for the better motor was a no brainer.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
My base BL has heated seats. At the end of the day, the bigger motor was the single best and most noticeable upgrade for the vehicle. Almost everything else was aesthetic whereas having more power is functional across almost every use case. $500 extra for the better motor was a no brainer.
That would depend on what your planed use for it is .