Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting…

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I finally have a window sticker for my fully loaded BL/BL ordered January 26th. It shows my ride was built on June 4th but, like so many others, it's sleeping on a Hermosillo tarmac...awaiting chips for the 360+ and whatever other electronic goodies that were included with the BL package. I hope the Mexicans are taking good care of our babies while they wait to be loaded on a train to their forever home!
I just hope the drug cartels aren't stuffing the things with their goodies...... :shock:
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
They no longer need to, welcome to Amerika!! Open borders
They are making enough off open borders they don't care about a bunch of SUVs sitting in some yard.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The U-Haul video shows the unit is just bolted into the frame anyway. With a 2000 pound tow capacity, seems to be an ok solution.
The Ford tow package includes the full size tire , wiring, and trailer sway control and warranty is not covered if not using Ford tow package.
Also I’ve had a vin and window sticker for a couple of months ….. but ….no vehicle or indication if I get it sooner than 11/3/21.
What’s a bit annoying is Ford clearly gives priority to dealer orders not customer orders. I guess they are just protecting their dealers.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The Ford tow package includes the full size tire , wiring, and trailer sway control and warranty is not covered if not using Ford tow package.
Also I’ve had a vin and window sticker for a couple of months ….. but ….no vehicle or indication if I get it sooner than 11/3/21.
What’s a bit annoying is Ford clearly gives priority to dealer orders not customer orders. I guess they are just protecting their dealers.
believe it or not... a lot of dealers ordered stock back in December/January. I asked my guy why dealers were getting help...he laughed and said, it's not that at all. We entered stock purchases too. I know it's frustrating as heck. It's worth the wait if you can wait.

George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I realize there are probably several other threads discussing this, but I have had difficulty finding them. If you know of the proper thread please let me know! I have seen several people say they ordered their BS on (date) and have been notified that production has been pushed back to (date). Some of these dates were orders before mine, but are scheduled after my production date. I’m wondering if this is a model type issue or option issue.

So here goes….

I ordered a OB with OB package (w/moon roof), tow package, and 360+ on 02/08/21. Production date pushed 4 times to 08/09/21.

Thanks!
Go in to the waiting room.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Correct the Order Guide published in May 2021 shows the BB and OB Packages No Moonroof. But Ford has never offered Badlands Package No Moonroof to date.
Sorry, I was not aware of that.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So next to a customer of mine is a Ford dealership Chapman Ford of Horsham PA they had a cyber orange badlands BS in the lot I stopped in assuming it was probably a customer vehicle but it was actually a brand new available vehicle almost identical to what I have on order
BUT And there’s always a But.
No bad line package which I didn’t want anyway as moon roofs are not available and it does not have the tow hitch which for me is pretty much a dealbreaker.
The big butt is five $ thousand dollars over sticker premium!.
The dealer said he had heard that possibly the four-cylinder engines were in short supply which are a bad lands only.
Oh well let’s hope for November!

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting… 07468EA4-D4DA-4BFC-B490-B695D7B8AF1D

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting… 11381D59-5055-43A3-ACDB-0DB19CC6F335
I used to live in California and saw price gouging all the time! I understand "Supply and Demand", and I could see a little bit of a price increase... But $5,000??? I wouldn't buy from them! Thats too greedy in my book.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mirada

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got told by my salesman that will not be building any more Badlands this year, if I want one I have to order a 22 model. Kind of pissed since I ordered this Feb 1. Maybe shouldn’t have ordered with tow and moonroof package in hindsight. Offered me first choice on an Outerbank’s coming in with almost the same options but I want the 2.0 liter motor. Dealer stock being built and shipped before customer orders which is another irritating point. Good thing I’m a patient person ?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just got told by my salesman that will not be building any more Badlands this year, if I want one I have to order a 22 model. Kind of pissed since I ordered this Feb 1. Maybe shouldn’t have ordered with tow and moonroof package in hindsight. Offered me first choice on an Outerbank’s coming in with almost the same options but I want the 2.0 liter motor. Dealer stock being built and shipped before customer orders which is another irritating point. Good thing I’m a patient person ?
It may be worth looking around for dealer stock and making a small compromise if the 2.0 is the critical piece. May even need to venture a few hundred miles. If you are in ontario a trip to the Detroit area might be fruitful.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Interesting ‘no more badlands this year’ but does that apply since I have a vin number?
dunno ,nothing seem to change on my Ford tracker.
I’ll check with my dealer I guess as it’s a new month.
I would just like to know my BS BL is sitting somewhere awaiting parts ( actually I assume the line is shut down at this point)
And not just a mistake in their computer.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Cyber Orange Royal Oak MI with Tow
Cyber Orange with Tow Lima OH

Royal Oak has a Area 51 and Cyber Orange badlands in stock for what it's worth
I did check these links but too late and now no Cyber Orange anywhere I could find!
The dealer who had one told me that the up charge is ford wide and if you wanted to do a swap with another dealer you are stuck as they have no inventory to swap……
It’s the no information that is frustrating, all they have to do is come up with a date I can believe ……

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It’s the no information that is frustrating, all they have to do is come up with a date I can believe ……
Once Ford builds an incomplete vehicle and puts it in a storage lot there it will sit and Ford does not tell anyone anything blackout on info. Thats how they do it.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting ‘no more badlands this year’ but does that apply since I have a vin number?
dunno ,nothing seem to change on my Ford tracker.
I’ll check with my dealer I guess as it’s a new month.
I would just like to know my BS BL is sitting somewhere awaiting parts ( actually I assume the line is shut down at this point)
And not just a mistake in their computer.
No it doesn't apply to orders entered particularly if you have a VIN. Just can't place a new order say today
Sponsored