Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting…

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Ordered a Badlands with moonroof and tow package Feb 1st. Just received a text from my salesman asking if I’ll accept my order minus the moonroof. I said as long as the other options in the package stay , yes. Waiting for an update from my salesman. I’ve never had a build date told to me or vin number so I don’t know when it will arrive ?
Sorry to hear, I was assigned a VIN a few days after I ordered.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I know you can order the OB package without the roof now on the site.
Correct the Order Guide published in May 2021 shows the BB and OB Packages No Moonroof. But Ford has never offered Badlands Package No Moonroof to date.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Unfortunately, that is the main item my Wife wants. Otherwise we would already have one. There was one on the lot that had all the options, sans Moonroof, about a month ago.
Nah I get it. My wife is the same way. I did not care for the hassles after having one that gave me nothing but trouble. In the end I'm glad it wasn't on my priorities list I had my own must haves. It's what makes the car yours.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Nah I get it. My wife is the same way. I did not care for the hassles after having one that gave me nothing but trouble. In the end I'm glad it wasn't on my priorities list I had my own must haves. It's what makes the car yours.
I ordered a badlands without the ‘badlands’ package as I specifically did not want the moonroof …. Got all the other extras I wanted, but my 3/21/21 order date got a build date on 6/21 but now lost that date and delivery date is now 11/3/21 which I don’t believe . I would prefer not to get a 2021 model in 2022!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I ordered a badlands without the ‘badlands’ package as I specifically did not want the moonroof …. Got all the other extras I wanted, but my 3/21/21 order date got a build date on 6/21 but now lost that date and delivery date is now 11/3/21 which I don’t believe . I would prefer not to get a 2021 model in 2022!
gotcha...wow...that's honestly very shocking. I'd agree with Cuda as I typically do...it may seem like a 22...but by the time those actually roll out, it will be a long wait. I guess it comes down to what's important. Get one ASAP? Or get the better vehicle based on timing. It's crappy don't get me wrong.
Another option is search your area to see if one pops up. I just started a thread, a quick local search turned up over 100 sports in my area, from big bend to first editions. Never know.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Serra ford actually in Rochester Hills but it's not much further north.
I'm familiar with that area. I lived in Mount Clemens before I left Michigan.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
gotcha...wow...that's honestly very shocking. I'd agree with Cuda as I typically do...it may seem like a 22...but by the time those actually roll out, it will be a long wait. I guess it comes down to what's important. Get one ASAP? Or get the better vehicle based on timing. It's crappy don't get me wrong.
Another option is search your area to see if one pops up. I just started a thread, a quick local search turned up over 100 sports in my area, from big bend to first editions. Never know.
So next to a customer of mine is a Ford dealership Chapman Ford of Horsham PA they had a cyber orange badlands BS in the lot I stopped in assuming it was probably a customer vehicle but it was actually a brand new available vehicle almost identical to what I have on order
BUT And there’s always a But.
No bad line package which I didn’t want anyway as moon roofs are not available and it does not have the tow hitch which for me is pretty much a dealbreaker.
The big butt is five $ thousand dollars over sticker premium!.
The dealer said he had heard that possibly the four-cylinder engines were in short supply which are a bad lands only.
Oh well let’s hope for November!

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting… 07468EA4-D4DA-4BFC-B490-B695D7B8AF1D

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting… 11381D59-5055-43A3-ACDB-0DB19CC6F335

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
$5000 over sticker would be a deal breaker for me too. I walked away from a deal on a First Edition at $4500 over sticker. First I heard about 2.0L engine shortage.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So next to a customer of mine is a Ford dealership Chapman Ford of Horsham PA they had a cyber orange badlands BS in the lot I stopped in assuming it was probably a customer vehicle but it was actually a brand new available vehicle almost identical to what I have on order
BUT And there’s always a But.
No bad line package which I didn’t want anyway as moon roofs are not available and it does not have the tow hitch which for me is pretty much a dealbreaker.
The big butt is five $ thousand dollars over sticker premium!.
The dealer said he had heard that possibly the four-cylinder engines were in short supply which are a bad lands only.
Oh well let’s hope for November!

07468EA4-D4DA-4BFC-B490-B695D7B8AF1D.jpeg

11381D59-5055-43A3-ACDB-0DB19CC6F335.jpeg
Sorry that's just crappy. 5K over is robbery. The tow honestly ...not as big of a deal, aftermarket is a solution.

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sorry that's just crappy. 5K over is robbery. The tow honestly ...not as big of a deal, aftermarket is a solution.
The U-Haul video shows the unit is just bolted into the frame anyway. With a 2000 pound tow capacity, seems to be an ok solution.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The U-Haul video shows the unit is just bolted into the frame anyway. With a 2000 pound tow capacity, seems to be an ok solution.
I was "lucky" and the one I found has the tow and system but if it came down to it that's the route I'd have taken. Again I know everyone has must haves and I'm not knocking what anyone needs. It's all good.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
Here in the hinterlands of the Pacific Northwest, options are scarce.
The Ford Inventory Search show three vehicles within 100 miles- one Outer Banks and two Big Bends.
This includes dealers in Spokane, Couer d"Alene and Lewiston, Idaho and Pullman, Washington
If one includes the Tri-cities of Washington 125 miles away, add ten "in Transit", none are Badlands.
If one includes Boise, Idaho 275 miles away - add two Badlands, only one with BL package and couple of lesser models plus a list of "in transit".
Adding Missoula, Montana, 215 miles distant finds one Big Bend and eight others "in transit', none are Badlands.

My BL/BL, +360, tow Cyber Orange was ordered 18 March and is currently scheduled to start production 23 August.
VIN issued, but no window sticker.
I'm glad my 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk ( 108,000 miles ) keeps running.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
I finally have a window sticker for my fully loaded BL/BL ordered January 26th. It shows my ride was built on June 4th but, like so many others, it's sleeping on a Hermosillo tarmac...awaiting chips for the 360+ and whatever other electronic goodies that were included with the BL package. I hope the Mexicans are taking good care of our babies while they wait to be loaded on a train to their forever home!
Sponsored