Ordered, Delayed, Delayed, Delayed, and Still Waiting…

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
I realize there are probably several other threads discussing this, but I have had difficulty finding them. If you know of the proper thread please let me know! I have seen several people say they ordered their BS on (date) and have been notified that production has been pushed back to (date). Some of these dates were orders before mine, but are scheduled after my production date. I’m wondering if this is a model type issue or option issue.

So here goes….

I ordered a OB with OB package (w/moon roof), tow package, and 360+ on 02/08/21. Production date pushed 4 times to 08/09/21.

Thanks!
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford prioritizes Regions in the country and then within a Region they prioritize dealers. Dealers with a high priority in a high priority region get their vehicles scheduled earlier dates. So dealer you ordered from has big impact on when it gets scheduled to be built. Then we have covid parts supply issues, micochips, moonroofs, tow packages ect ect. Anything with moonroof seems to be very problematic for Ford. And Ford has always been hap hazzard with customer ordered vehicles long before covid but covid has cause major issues in terms of parts suppliers...

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford prioritizes Regions in the country and then within a Region they prioritize dealers. Dealers with a high priority in a high priority region get their vehicles scheduled earlier dates. So dealer you ordered from has big impact on when it gets scheduled to be built. Then we have covid parts supply issues, micochips, moonroofs, tow packages ect ect. Anything with moonroof seems to be very problematic for Ford. And Ford has always been hap hazzard with customer ordered vehicles long before covid but covid has cause major issues in terms of parts suppliers...
Thanks for your input!

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
What data do you have to support your claim? Both you and the OP have ordered cars with moonroofs. It has been known for a long time that the moonroof is a problem from suppliers. So much so, that Ford stopped taking orders that included moonroofs. I think it's a mistake to think you're being selected for a delay because of your dealer or region, when it's fairly clear there is a moon roof problem.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
What data do you have to support your claim? Both you and the OP have ordered cars with moonroofs. It has been known for a long time that the moonroof is a problem from suppliers. So much so, that Ford stopped taking orders that included moonroofs. I think it's a mistake to think you're being selected for a delay because of your dealer or region, when it's fairly clear there is a moon roof problem.
Here you go:
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/#:~:text=The initial scheduling information will,of Arrival) at the dealership.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
If you dont think dealer impacts when your Ford gets a build date you haven't been paying attention

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I 100% guarantee region, dealer, volume of sales had a major impact on selection. I received that information from a number of different dealers. Those closest to Detroit, high volume, high sales, bigger order allotment had and currently have far more sports in stock and ordered. The small town newer dealers far less.
Ford used to and I believe in some capacity still does have a system based on customer satisfaction. There was a blue oval program and it hinged on five star top rated service. With it, they were given priority ordering and sales options. Fail to keep customers happy, your allotment and delivering times are affected. It put a local Ford dealer out of business.
Zero doubt there is a pecking order. The dealer I shared with you is in that Detroit inner ring, he moved a badlands through the system while others still have nothing. He was good to his word the entire process. And never once did he give my email or info to Ford. He said it was much better for me If it came through them with the power they have

mirada

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a Badlands with moonroof and tow package Feb 1st. Just received a text from my salesman asking if I’ll accept my order minus the moonroof. I said as long as the other options in the package stay , yes. Waiting for an update from my salesman. I’ve never had a build date told to me or vin number so I don’t know when it will arrive ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a Badlands with moonroof and tow package Feb 1st. Just received a text from my salesman asking if I’ll accept my order minus the moonroof. I said as long as the other options in the package stay , yes. Waiting for an update from my salesman. I’ve never had a build date told to me or vin number so I don’t know when it will arrive ?
This is first I have heard of Badlands Package no moonroof? Would be interesting to see if this works out.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I know if sounds like a compromise...but that says a ton about the moonroof situation.
A lot of ppl don't care much for moonroof but ordered package for other features they wanted. So it would be great if Ford would offer delayed builds the option to ditch moonroof but keep rest of option package. But this is first I have heard of this being offered.

Maybe in '22 Ford will offer the package no moonroof on Badlands for those that dont want the moonroof.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is first I have heard of Badlands Package no moonroof? Would be interesting to see if this works out.
I know you can order the OB package without the roof now on the site.

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I 100% guarantee region, dealer, volume of sales had a major impact on selection. I received that information from a number of different dealers. Those closest to Detroit, high volume, high sales, bigger order allotment had and currently have far more sports in stock and ordered. The small town newer dealers far less.
Ford used to and I believe in some capacity still does have a system based on customer satisfaction. There was a blue oval program and it hinged on five star top rated service. With it, they were given priority ordering and sales options. Fail to keep customers happy, your allotment and delivering times are affected. It put a local Ford dealer out of business.
Zero doubt there is a pecking order. The dealer I shared with you is in that Detroit inner ring, he moved a badlands through the system while others still have nothing. He was good to his word the entire process. And never once did he give my email or info to Ford. He said it was much better for me If it came through them with the power they have
I used to live in Detroit. What dealer, if you don't mind me asking. Might be worth the trip to see them...

OP
OP
R. Bird

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know if sounds like a compromise...but that says a ton about the moonroof situation.
Unfortunately, that is the main item my Wife wants. Otherwise we would already have one. There was one on the lot that had all the options, sans Moonroof, about a month ago.
Sponsored