On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

BroncoOBX621

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
so I had all the sounds mentioned here and had the shift cable replaced with the TSB in December. All of the sounds were gone for about a month, however after a few months they have all returned. The rattling at 25 mph, the growling at parking lot speeds, and the crunching/grinding sound when going from brake to gas and gas to brake are all back. The rattling at 25 mph is more muffled this time around though. Has anyone else experienced this return of sound after the TSB fix? I’m at a loss on what to do. Been dealing with this since day 1 and will be livid if I end up responsible for trans replacement costs at some point

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
so I had all the sounds mentioned here and had the shift cable replaced with the TSB in December. All of the sounds were gone for about a month, however after a few months they have all returned. The rattling at 25 mph, the growling at parking lot speeds, and the crunching/grinding sound when going from brake to gas and gas to brake are all back. The rattling at 25 mph is more muffled this time around though. Has anyone else experienced this return of sound after the TSB fix? I’m at a loss on what to do. Been dealing with this since day 1 and will be livid if I end up responsible for trans replacement costs at some point
Hi there, J. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this noise concern on my end.

Abevader

Big Bend
First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Update: i took my BB to the dealer for maintenance and they didn't find anything, i pointed out about the grinding noises at low speeds but they said it was "normal".

That aside, as you can see in this picture i've disconnected the park release cable thinking that the noise would be gone as mentioned in this forum. Turns out it didn't and for some reason i can't seem to connect the cable (red) back on. i try to pull it but it doesn't reach the connector (blue). any ideas?

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... IMG_20220420_095616__01__01

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Update: i took my BB to the dealer for maintenance and they didn't find anything, i pointed out about the grinding noises at low speeds but they said it was "normal".

That aside, as you can see in this picture i've disconnected the park release cable thinking that the noise would be gone as mentioned in this forum. Turns out it didn't and for some reason i can't seem to connect the cable (red) back on. i try to pull it but it doesn't reach the connector (blue). any ideas?

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... IMG_20220420_095616__01__01
I have no knowledge of how this cable works but I'll give my 2 cents. Start your BS (maybe even put it in neutral, chock your wheels), will that give some slack to that cable?

Kate-58

Outer Banks
First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I should note it's a BL+BL.
I had an issue with my outterbanks, noise at low speed. I took it back a few times and finally had them drive mine and then drive one that was on the lot. Agreed that it was a different sound. They found an air conditioner compressor needed tightened down. Seems to have fixed the problem. Purring like a kitten now.

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had an issue with my outterbanks, noise at low speed. I took it back a few times and finally had them drive mine and then drive one that was on the lot. Agreed that it was a different sound. They found an air conditioner compressor needed tightened down. Seems to have fixed the problem. Purring like a kitten now.
Crazy. Was your noise the typical rattle grinding noise similar to the videos post here?

Deleted member 6961

I took my 2022 to the Ford Dealership today and they claimed they “couldn’t hear anything.” Is this a Ford talking point to gaslight customers?

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My sound came back after it disappeared for a bit after my 10k service. I mentioned the issue and referenced posted service paperwork from another post in this thread… they couldn’t find anything.

the more and more I focus on it, it really sounds and feels like a loose shift cable. In lower gears it’s more evident. But when the transmission gets into higher gears, the sound goes away.
For lack of a better comparison, it reminds me of a bike shifter on a mt bike. When there isn’t enough tension in the wire, when attempting to up-shift, the bike chain will be a bit loose and have trouble smoothly jumping to the next chain ring. It will get on, but it doesn’t feel right. But the higher you up shift, the chain itself uses its tension to overcome the lack of tension In the shifter/de-railer.
I can eve hear the noise slightly when I change from park to reverse to drive.
it has to be a shifter cable for sure, but Ford techs at my dealership said “all looked fine”

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My sound came back after it disappeared for a bit after my 10k service. I mentioned the issue and referenced posted service paperwork from another post in this thread… they couldn’t find anything.

the more and more I focus on it, it really sounds and feels like a loose shift cable. In lower gears it’s more evident. But when the transmission gets into higher gears, the sound goes away.
For lack of a better comparison, it reminds me of a bike shifter on a mt bike. When there isn’t enough tension in the wire, when attempting to up-shift, the bike chain will be a bit loose and have trouble smoothly jumping to the next chain ring. It will get on, but it doesn’t feel right. But the higher you up shift, the chain itself uses its tension to overcome the lack of tension In the shifter/de-railer.
it has to be a shifter cable for sure, but Ford techs at my dealership said “all looked fine”
I agree with you. I'm almost at the point of wanting to ask at my next oil change that if I buy the revised cable if they would put it in just to humor me.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to assist you on my end.

Deleted member 6961

I have the same problem with my 2022, the "loose cable" sound. The service people thought it was a fuel injector sound, but this sound seems like cable vibrating and wrenching. It makes the driving experience unpleasant. I'm giving up trying to get help and am selling it.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
When we test drove a used 2021 BS BB last week we immediately noticed what sounded like engine or transmission rattling and other unusual noises.

We were surprised. My wife thought it was a lemon someone quickly got rid of.

We are going to order a BS BL very soon. Hopefully it doesn’t have the same issue.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
When we test drove a used 2021 BS BB last week we immediately noticed what sounded like engine or transmission rattling and other unusual noises.

We were surprised. My wife thought it was a lemon someone quickly got rid of.

We are going to order a BS BL very soon. Hopefully it doesn’t have the same issue.
The low speed sound that is heard is a turbo spinning up and can be louder as the temp are cooling.
Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 32598EB9-11D6-4D76-A6D4-883EDF64794C
Sponsored