On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My 2021 BB has had the noise from the start. My dealer has the TSB and has asked twice if I want them to look at it. But mine has 13,500 miles on it and the noise doesn’t bother me anymore. Friday I take it in for the brake pad recall and may have them do the TSB or might wait a bit longer. For those worried that it’s something serious i have 13,500 miles on mine and still no issues related to the noise.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6568

In mine I think it's the tranny. It makes several noises. One of them sounds like there's some sort of chain drive in the tranny! I've had it up to 120MPH. Nothing happened. Fingers crossed that it's just straight cut gears or something...

SoCal310

Outer Banks
First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Just waiting on Ford to ever take this issue seriously....until then, planning on selling this 2022 tractor-sounding embarrassment if anyone wants a car that grinds and makes odd noises at the lowest of speeds: Keywords: grinding crunching scraping

My BS makes the same sound. They placed an order for a new transmission (currently waiting for it to be delivered).

Deleted member 6961

My BS makes the same sound. They placed an order for a new transmission (currently waiting for it to be delivered).
Very surprised Ford did this. Their mechanic basically acted like nothing was wrong with mine.

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Recon if a new cable is available for order as referenced in Post 277 above, the 2022s will not have this issue ??
I have a 2022 and it making the same noise I checked the part number on the cable in the vehicle and it’s not the newly revised part number

Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
I tried to get the noise on video today, you may need to turn up the volume. It sounds much louder in person.... It happens only after I've been driving at a higher rate of speed for a while, and then slow down and drive around a parking lot (for example). It will stop after a bit o

f slow driving and never does it when first starting and driving slow. I can't hear it outside the car, only inside so far, like it's right behind the driver side dash. So, whaddya think, is this noise normal?
I just came across your post here. I notice mine makes a similar noise, exact same spot, almost in the covered area where steering wheel meets the dash. Mine does it after I’ve been driving around town and then turn sharp on my curvy road to come up to my house. It stops after a few seconds but super annoying. Not sure what it is. Did you ever find out?

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I just came across your post here. I notice mine makes a similar noise, exact same spot, almost in the covered area where steering wheel meets the dash. Mine does it after I’ve been driving around town and then turn sharp on my curvy road to come up to my house. It stops after a few seconds but super annoying. Not sure what it is. Did you ever find out?
Yes, Ford put out a service bulletin ( you can find it in this thread if you go a ways back). For most it's the cable issue, and I believe easy to fix. Take the service bulletin in with you to a Ford service dept and have them drive with you to listen to the noise. I have not had mine replaced yet, but others have and said it fixed the issue.

Tigerj

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Escape XLT Sport 3.0
Just waiting on Ford to ever take this issue seriously....until then, planning on selling this 2022 tractor-sounding embarrassment if anyone wants a car that grinds and makes odd noises at the lowest of speeds: Keywords: grinding crunching scraping
My 2022 BL is doing this exactly!! only 500 miles on it!! Only in low gears like shifting the first 3 gears...I notice it is more pronounce when it has been cold here or when making a turn, always first thing in morning when pulling out of my driveway..But when it was warm, I didn't notice it and once the engine is warmed up, it doesn't do it, or at least I do not notice it....

The sound is coming right behind the drivers side dash or just in the engine bay area... It drives me NUTS!!

Also when it is windy, man I hear some funky low end sub noise coming from the hatch area...

Deleted member 6961

My 2022 BL is doing this exactly!! only 500 miles on it!! Only in low gears like shifting the first 3 gears...I notice it is more pronounce when it has been cold here or when making a turn, always first thing in morning when pulling out of my driveway..But when it was warm, I didn't notice it and once the engine is warmed up, it doesn't do it, or at least I do not notice it....

The sound is coming right behind the drivers side dash or just in the engine bay area... It drives me NUTS!!

Also when it is windy, man I hear some funky low end sub noise coming from the hatch area...
Yeah...it's so weird and drives me nuts. I went through heck trying to get Ford to care about it, but they don't seem to. I don't understand why Ford doesn't have a simple explanation for it, which makes me think it wasn't intentional. It's disconcerting. None of their mechanics seem to know what to do about it. I'm giving up on this car and selling it. It looks cool, but sounds like a struggling tractor. :/

Deleted member 6961

Yes, Ford put out a service bulletin ( you can find it in this thread if you go a ways back). For most it's the cable issue, and I believe easy to fix. Take the service bulletin in with you to a Ford service dept and have them drive with you to listen to the noise. I have not had mine replaced yet, but others have and said it fixed the issue.
The service bulletin doesn't apply to 2022s and their mechanics won't touch a thing without a bulletin.

Deleted member 6961

No resolution. And the Ford customer service phone folks are a joke. I'm selling it.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I took my BS in for it’s 10k check and recall check. Mentioned the noise and gave reference to a previous post about the shifter cable. Mechanic took reference of the posted service receipt on here about the issue.
They ran tests, checked physical cable, etc… couldn’t find anything “wrong”. However, the noise has miraculously stopped.

It’s definitely something to have checked. I’m glad I mentioned something, even if they didn’t find an issue.

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
I took my BS in for it’s 10k check and recall check. Mentioned the noise and gave reference to a previous post about the shifter cable. Mechanic took reference of the posted service receipt on here about the issue.
They ran tests, checked physical cable, etc… couldn’t find anything “wrong”. However, the noise has miraculously stopped.

It’s definitely something to have checked. I’m glad I mentioned something, even if they didn’t find an issue.

I took mine to ford and after a week they identified the noise as being from a cable, they ordered a replacement

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I took mine to ford and after a week they identified the noise as being from a cable, they ordered a replacement
Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 86DC3569-2E34-4DDE-8A84-31423BD27C68

this was from an older post that I used to give to the dealership as a reference so they could investigate. What cable are you having to get replaced? If the noise comes back, I want to give them another focal point if it differed from the shifter cable referenced above.

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 86DC3569-2E34-4DDE-8A84-31423BD27C68

this was from an older post that I used to give to the dealership as a reference so they could investigate. What cable are you having to get replaced? If the noise comes back, I want to give them another focal point if it differed from the shifter cable referenced above.
This is exactly what the ford consultant informed me that he will replace a sensor cable related to the shifter, 15 days to arrive the cable, as soon as it is replaced I will post more information
Sponsored