On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Be positive they’ll hear it they rode with me in the cab when I showed them mine and allowed me to replicate the noise for them. It’s probably that silly cable we’re all having trouble with. No worries :) if you scroll back in this thread I posted the paperwork the dealer gave me feel free to look at it or show it to them.
It makes sense that it would be the same problem as she was built the first or second week of December, which puts it before ford had a a fix. I will show them the post if they don't believe me.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It makes sense that it would be the same problem as she was built the first or second week of December, which puts it before ford had a a fix. I will show them the post if they don't believe me.
Hopefully they’re nice and don’t blow you off you seem to think they will. If they do go to different dealership ;)

Bardoon

Outer Banks
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2022
I have the hissing (not so much any grinding) on my 2022 Bronco Sport OB (yes, 2022). My Bronco was built around November 2021 when the problem was first reported on the TSBs. I've posted in another thread about it.

Like most, my dealer's service hadn't heard of the issue..they haven't dealt with many Bronco Sports. Even after I identified the SSM number and noted it was for a 2021, they still didn't really investigate that until I came to pick up after they "checked everything".

I came to pick up and brought the service manager on a ride and highlighted the issue. Worked with him as he finally found the TSB and he said he was going to put out a "hotwire" note to Ford about the issue. He was reluctant to try and removing the plastic piece on the manual parking charge cable right there for another test drive because he said if he did, he'd want to replace the whole thing. Super nice and professional. I'll wait until Monday/Tuesday to see if he heard back from Ford.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same sound. Kinda sounds like a mixture of pebbles spinning in an empty tin can + a playing card taped to a bike frame to flap against tire spokes.

Saw in a recent post that the diagnosis was a “loose/misaligned shift cable”.

Trying to get mine it (BB/6k miles) to have it looked at.
I snapped a picture of the service/diagnostic receipt from the other post about the sound issue.

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... DE2C6B14-9B1B-432E-ADBE-87B4C8716CC7

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My poor 22 badlands is making a noise now that I don't much care for. Got it on the 6th of January so only 280 miles on it so I didn't break anything.

I learned from my last vehicle to watch the rpm gauge so I noticed when it happens and I was able to repeat it 3 times in a row on the way home.

The problem is that at just under 2000 rpm in normal mode the bronco starts making a noise right before a gear shift. Once it decides it wants to shift it immediately drops the rpm to a stable 1500 and is silent. Like most posters here its around 15-22 miles per hour on a flat that it happens.

I suppose I can take it back to the dealer here in town after the weekend is over if I can keep making it growl-grind at me the same way. Thankfully its so low of a gear problem they don't need to leave their big empty parking lot to test it. With my luck they will punch the gas instead of letting it creep up to 1900-2000 rpm and they will miss the noise and say I am crazy in which case I can drive it for them and show them how to make it complain.
Hello! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I want to check into this noise concern for you. Thanks!

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
I had and still have this slight little noise clicking . Took it up with Ford, early last summer. 3 separate occasions. Nothing got done, but I did negotiate a premiere 5 yr 75000 warranty. And I always lease first yr vehicles. I love my badlands so much, I will outright buy this car, in 3 yrs.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hello! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I want to check into this noise concern for you. Thanks!
I wont have time to take her in until Thursday at the earliest. Once they have a record of it I can send a message over. Right now they don't even know there might be a glitch.

This morning it sounded more like a vibration and a lower speed, 13-14, but still right before it changed gears at 1900-2000 rpm. Doesn't sound life threatening so it can wait a few more days.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Finally took mine in for the hissing and scraping noises. I couldn't reproduce the scraping sound (of course!) when the tech rode along but he did say the hiss was abnormal.

I had thought to drive a little further to get it to dealer A who had diagnosed an elusive issue with my Transit 250, but instead took it to dealer B where I bought the BS. Glad I did, because the tech told me several of the techs from dealer A (including the one who had diagnosed my T250) had moved to his shop.

Buzziant

Outer Banks
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same here took mine twice at my dealer they said it's normal, mine is whining, grinding, vibration is bad. Talked directly to Ford they created a case for me let's see how this goes on my next visit.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Pretty depressing that Ford is letting this happen — dealers gaslighting consumers about ridiculous, abnormal sounds — while leaving it’s drivers to post on boads looking for help. Ford should be embarrassed.
If you can't break it-break it in a warranty period, than it's built tough.

ChanningMead

Big Bend
First Name
Channing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Created an account to share- have had my BB for 3 weeks and am also experiencing this rattle issue, as well as a faulty wireless module (for FordPass & Hotspot) that is back-ordered with no clear date in sight... and a strange click when putting the car in park. Oh what fun! FORD HELP US OUT HERE!

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Come across this, enjoy:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Created an account to share- have had my BB for 3 weeks and am also experiencing this rattle issue, as well as a faulty wireless module (for FordPass & Hotspot) that is back-ordered with no clear date in sight... and a strange click when putting the car in park. Oh what fun! FORD HELP US OUT HERE!
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Come across this, enjoy:

This is me every morning pulling out of the garage in a 22 BL with 600 miles on it. Just embarrassing.
Sponsored