On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok went in this morning and they tightened that shift cable. It’s nice to not have that rattle. As far as the transmission it seems to shift fine. I did find a part underneath the hood that had threaded holes for bolts that are empty which I found odd. Dealer didn’t have another bronco on the lot to compare it to, so they couldn't say for sure. So I’ll probably keep my appointment at another dealer to have this checked as I find it odd. If you guys wanna pop your hoods and compare please respond. I’ll post some photos. Please share any thoughts.

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 3FFB9E65-E891-4B44-9B42-68A674EF70D7

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 0B508051-036C-4D15-B287-E7013A944B74
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ok went in this morning and they tightened that shift cable. It’s nice to not have that rattle. As far as the transmission it seems to shift fine.
So they tighten cable now no noise?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So they tighten cable now no noise?
The rattling and grinding noise while downshifting in low RPMs is taken care of I don’t hear it when I turn or anything however the general sound of the engine being ATV-ish is still there but I’m not sure if that’s me being neurotic or there’s actually a difference in the way other bronco sound they didn’t have one for me to compare to

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So I went to another dealer today because I’m neurotic and checked the part with the unused holes in the top. Check, it was there in the base model i saw so they suggested that they interchange parts with the escape and to attach it to the bronco must use different holes. And he let me sit in a big bend, and then sat in mine, engines running/revving and he didn’t think there was anything going on with the sound of my engine. So I’m just nuckin futs. But hey the Badlander is all good.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So I went to another dealer today because I’m neurotic and checked the part with the unused holes in the top. Check, it was there in the base model i saw so they suggested that they interchange parts with the escape and to attach it to the bronco must use different holes. And he let me sit in a big bend, and then sat in mine, engines running/revving and he didn’t think there was anything going on with the sound of my engine. So I’m just nuckin futs. But hey the Badlander is all good.
Sounds like yours has a clean bill of health...great news!

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Took mine in yesterday. They'll look over to see whether the shift cable needs adjustment/replacement or if there are legitimate concerns with the transmission. Was not able to do a ride along yet as I dropped off before close... BUT they did give me a new EcoSport as a loaner, so there's that. Love my dealership, my dealer that sold me the Baby Bronco was hanging around to hand me the key, himself.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Alright! Big day here. They replaced the shift cable but they also mentioned that there was something in the transmission that they replaced as well. The only detail on my invoice says “installed SOP part transmission cable” unfortunately. It definitely sounds like they made two adjustments to remedy the issue. It sounds super quiet now.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did a ride along with the tech. Didn't go like I'd hoped, the rattle was a bit softer than usual and he had trouble hearing from the passenger side (as most have been saying). The issue with th shift cable seems to be very likely, though the tech says it's not really a shift cable but a neutral cable. He popped the little access compartment to pull on the cable (under the steering wheel) and I could no longer replicate the nnoise. Said that the BS and the EcoSport share many similarities under the hood and that EcoSports are plagued by the rattle (same neutral cable feature). Said the bulletin posted for that issue on the EcoSport doesn't truly fix the issue, and it's more of an annoyance than anything. Leaving it for further inspection and to have some touchup done on chips in the paint/AeroSkin II deflector installation

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Said that the BS and the EcOBoost share many similarities under the hood and that EcoBoosts are plagued by the rattle (same neutral cable feature). Said the bulletin posted for that issue on the EcoBoost doesn't truly fix the issue, and it's more of an annoyance than anything.
EcoBoost?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did a ride along with the tech. Didn't go like I'd hoped, the rattle was a bit softer than usual and he had trouble hearing from the passenger side (as most have been saying). The issue with th shift cable seems to be very likely, though the tech says it's not really a shift cable but a neutral cable. He popped the little access compartment to pull on the cable (under the steering wheel) and I could no longer replicate the nnoise. Said that the BS and the EcOBoost share many similarities under the hood and that EcoBoosts are plagued by the rattle (same neutral cable feature). Said the bulletin posted for that issue on the EcoBoost doesn't truly fix the issue, and it's more of an annoyance than anything. Leaving it for further inspection and to have some touchup done on chips in the paint/AeroSkin II deflector installation
Great info man thanks for sharing. I’m just gonna keep monitoring.

jhutcheson28

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL + BL
So wanted to give everyone an update. I dropped mine in the shop this morning and got a 2021 Escape as a loaner to drive. I noticed while taking the Escape home the same noise DOES happen but it's much quieter.

Also some of the same low speed noises.

Has to be something with these 2021 transmissions since I'm pretty sure they're shared but the BS has less sound dampening maybe? I can definitely hear it on the Escape though.

I'll wait and see what they say.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So wanted to give everyone an update. I dropped mine in the shop this morning and got a 2021 Escape as a loaner to drive. I noticed while taking the Escape home the same noise DOES happen but it's much quieter.

Also some of the same low speed noises.

Has to be something with these 2021 transmissions since I'm pretty sure they're shared but the BS has less sound dampening maybe? I can definitely hear it on the Escape though.

I'll wait and see what they say.
Lets hope Ford does not issue notice stating noises are normal like they did with the 5.0 engine ticking noises...when Ford did that to the 5.0 then dealers pointed to notice and said all noises are normal we arent fixing anything.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
A funny thing happened on the way to drop my baby at the service dept for tranny testing today... Went to plug my phone into the USB-c and POP! then static... Thought I blew my whole sound system/speakers out, but it was just SiriusXM... still a bummer.
So... added that to the list to fix as well as: to look at why my low windshield washer fluid light goes on and off randomly and why sometimes there's a loud popping noise that comes from the steering column.
Anyway, hope this doesn't take them long because I "get" to drive a rental Toyota Corolla in the meantime. It makes me feel so perfectly ordinary ??.
Sponsored