bikerbob951

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Ford Fusion SE, '99 Audi A4 track car
Let's start some dialogue, I'll start things off.

Hi, I'm Bob and I live in Cincinnati, and I'm in the market for a new car early next year. The Bronco Sport is currently top of my list, right beside a 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT, or maybe a Tacoma TRD Off-Road or Colorado Z71. I normally commute quite a bit, usually about 90 miles a day, but I'm itching for a vehicle with some utility. My wife and our two kids (3yrs and 8 months) are planning to do some road tripping in the coming years, which will likely involve towing a small pop-up camper, so some towing capability is pretty important.

Anyhow, just wanted to start a conversation and see who's out there.
Sponsored

Albannach

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I am in Fairfield, Ohio. Funny, I was looking at the same vehicles you were looking at before I decided on the BS Badlands. (Already Ordered) :)

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
My partner has a 2017 Tacoma TRD off-road. It's a wonderful vehicle. Very smooth ride. The truck is magic off-road, sooo smooth and beefy. The truck probably has 25 thousand miles on the gnarly dirt logging roads. when we got it aligned at 70 thousand miles it was barely out of alignment. You can just tell it's superbly made. 80k in and it hasn't had even the slightest problem with it. One small downside is it's not super roomy in the double cab but that's to be expected with any small pickup. It will probably be enough for your kids for the next 8 years or so. If you're a tall guy you might not like the seating position or headroom. I'm 5 foot 8 and love sitting lower to the ground so like. 4x4 system is top notch. Definitely test drive the Subaru. I was going to get one but then I hated the transmission enough that it turned me off from it. I'm getting my Bronco sport badlands in a few weeks. I can report back on the differences between that and the tacoma if ya want.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Bought my Forester at Kings Automall. Received free oil changes, for all that's worth. I had no complaints.

Oil changes at Subaru dealers are usually between $70-$100!!! Not the same with Hondas or Fords. One of the major reasons I am not purchasing another Subaru.

I still have a business in West Chester and a home south of Dayton, so I commute down there a few times a month and run over to Mason and get a quick oil change once in a while.

The Forester has been well-loved and I have moved out of Ohio. I can tell you one thing - NEVER BUY A CAR IN OR AROUND DAYTON!

I still have my little Subaru 360 to keep in the family.

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
From Hebron, Ky here just across the river. I commute to Evendale every day though, so going with the outer banks trim for the comfort and a good vehicle to do a lot of camping with in the area.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Just north of Cincinnati, here. Got myself a Base to haul my dogs around to trailheads.

You guys got any ideas about what to do about rust-deterrence besides constant trips through the car wash?

PnutLuv

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone in Illinois? Iā€™m joining all things Bronco Sport to pass the time while I wait on my order ?
Placed an OB order, Area 51 on 12/28.
Wasnā€™t even on my radar, was considering a Subaru maybe next year. But 2020 sucked and I started browsing online and saw the Sport.
Itā€™s my mid life crisis car - Iā€™ve never had a nice, fun car that wasnā€™t used to cart the kids around.
I figured it would take longer than the 8wks estimated by dealer but kinda bummed seeing all the delays and people who reserved in July just getting theirs.
on the plus side, glad I decided to buy earlier so nothing wrong with current vehicle & technically not in a hurry. Just horribly impatient lol
Our dealers only have a few, and Iā€™ve only seen one on the road around here so far. (About hour north of Chicago).
Getting it cuz I loved it but would still be cool to be one of the few in this area at least for a little while.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
Just east of C-bus. I was actually considering getting a Jeep Cherokee to replace my 2018 Escape Titanium. It's been a good car, it just doesn't meet my needs (sometimes I wish I still had my 2001 Sport Trac). I was at my dealer getting an oil change and walked over to the showroom. As soon as a saw the BS on the showroom floor, I knew I didn't want a Jeep anymore.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Toledo here. Picked up my Cactus Gray Big Bend a couple of weeks ago.

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Just north of Cincinnati, here. Got myself a Base to haul my dogs around to trailheads.

You guys got any ideas about what to do about rust-deterrence besides constant trips through the car wash?
Car wash trips is all the defense I got. If you figure something else out let me know.

I've had my OB about 3 weeks and there has been snow and salt on the road the whole time:headbang:

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Car wash trips is all the defense I got. If you figure something else out let me know.

I've had my OB about 3 weeks and there has been snow and salt on the road the whole time:headbang:
There's a product called WoolWax. It's a lanolin based compound which is sprayed on. It isn't permanent, it will wear off, with the acceleration expedited in high wash areas like fender wells and from underbody washes...

I had it applied before the car had been in any kind of dirt, 2nd week of January. It smelled like lanolin for a few weeks, but I looked at my rear shock tower yesterday when I gassed up and it's still slick and shiny.

It's available online, and from what I could see while the kid was applying it at the shop I'll be doing my own from here on out. Super simple. Obviously not perfect, but we're not dealing with permanence, here. Rust is inevitable.

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Akron area here. We picked up our OB in Area 51 three days ago and are loving the new ride. In 2 weeks, we are heading to NC for a wedding (nephew's) and then a week in Myrtle Beach for our wedding anniversary vacation (19 years). So, we're looking forward to a nice road trip.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Sunbury, Ohio here. We are to pick up our Cactus Gray OB tomorrow with 8 accessories on it. Trading in a 2020 Titanium Escape that we love...hope we love the Bronco just as much.
Sponsored