Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread C88BBC1F-17B0-44AF-B0D8-F3F4296B3B51

Out on the dirt with my Cactus Gray bronco sport Big Bend

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Last night, we picked up our Cactus Gray BL+BL. Really like the color, especially with the black roof.

Funny observation: Cactus Gray is very close in color to a good margarita ;)

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Last night, we picked up our Cactus Gray BL+BL. Really like the color, especially with the black roof.

Funny observation: Cactus Gray is very close in color to a good margarita ;)
Pics?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ooh the fake steelies are a lot darker than I thought... but the car IS in shadows...
They are not as dark in person and in the light. Not as bright as in many of the computer-generated mfr pics either.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know the defender is bigger.. but when taking a side by side to feature two vehicles, center them in the frame. This is a dramatized angle.. even the defender’s parking space looks bigger ?. I expect this type of pic from a random passerby, not a car reviewer..
I do like the defender but what an opportunity missed to get a true sense of side by side size.
Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 74DA2262-E71D-401B-BFC2-92F785878B98
The Defender is beautiful and capable....starting at around $50K and up...WAY up...and as already stated, a much larger vehicle. Oh, and for the TFL Car guys, it was always *broken* in some way -- for weeks on end. Money to burn and if you don't depend upon it daily, a great "little" SUV.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wifey would never go for it, but I love these "fake" steelies...
Why not? But anyway, I'm so over giant "snowflake" alloy wheels! My wife would be oblivious...other than the interior tech, comfort and convernience, to her a car has stop, go, gas goes in here...that's it.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Im sure the size of c pillar adds needed support for the raised roof. Have you seen how little visibility the escape gets behind the c pillar? The bigger c pillar allow more volume creating more surface area ultimately creating more visibility.
Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 4D226294-3076-4B7B-8351-C26FB05194B8
I've heard the same comment about this on the Sport -- that much more visibility right there would be nice. I'm thinking the same about body/roof strength. Kind of needs those angles right there visually, the rear window frame is so small. Honestly would have like 2-3" more wheelbase and bigger front and rear doors/legroom. Just a touch.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I think my only gripe about the BS is that it is so short it looks like someone chopped it off in the back. The boxy 2nd gen Escape is the perfect length I think (currently own a 2010).
But then if it was longer that probably would have affected the departure angle? IDK.

I love the overall SHAPE, but wish it was a touch longer, though. Would've looked beautiful from the side profile.
I still think the old Isuzu Rodeo 4-doors and the up to 2004 Nissan Pathfinders (Infinity QX4) had a beautiful side profile and still had good clearance.

Oh what I would give to own a Rodeo 2-door or 4-door or an old Pathfinder with today's tech and reliability but looking like the way it did those days.... (guess I am officially old)

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 1613147429815

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 1613147607867

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 1613147801550

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
I just went with what I could find over the weekend. It had to be red, so it turned out to be a First Edition in rapid red with that blue/gray interior.
Sponsored