Off-Roading Poll

Have you driven your Bronco Sport Off-Road?

• Total voters

SirEd

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interested to see how many owners have actually driven their Bronco Sport off-road. When I say off-road I do not mean simply a dirt road. I mean a road that a standard vehicle cannot navigate due to clearance and/or traction.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Yes I have and I wonā€™t be doing it again.

okay maybe I will go to the beach or do some dirt trails. But no more exploring with My vehicle. Donā€™t have enough experience and did to much damage. no Experience = problems I canā€™t afford anymore hard-lessons . Maybe I can rent a jeep with a damage waiver to learn with.

OP
OP
SirEd

SirEd

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes I have and I wonā€™t be doing it again.

okay maybe I will go to the beach or do some dirt trails. But no more exploring with My vehicle. Donā€™t have enough experience and did to much damage. no Experience = problems I canā€™t afford anymore hard-lessons . Maybe I can rent a jeep with a damage waiver to learn with.
Sorry to hear about your experience. There are off-road training classes available in some areas. Maybe you can look into doing that.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
yep, so far mostly dirt fire roads a stock 2wd suv can do. but more recently did some stretches of blue rated (southern california) trails and accidentally did a part of a black diamond trail (probably the easier section).

while iā€™m still learning dimensions and clearance from the driver seat, the blue and black rated trails required spotter for all features. still trying to get a feel of ground clearance and also where the tires track especially with the bulging hood.

was driving a subaru forester before this and only did dirt roads with that one!

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading Poll 23C2A16C-53AA-4E71-8E5D-9D016985C665

traction boards were there just in case we needed to bridge / gain more clearance but didnā€™t need them. had a spotter. photo doesnā€™t show how chunky the trail was and how big the dips were but this was very fun!

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear about your experience. There are off-road training classes available in some areas. Maybe you can look into doing that.
I'm doing a class at Hunter Mountain NY

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Here in NH we call'em "class 6" roads. Went down an easy one. Impressed with the manuverability. Waiting on some new a/t tires for some more rugged trails.

Verhalnez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport BadLands
Here in NH we call'em "class 6" roads. Went down an easy one. Impressed with the manuverability. Waiting on some new a/t tires for some more rugged trails.
Where in NH if you don't mind me asking

RHill

Base
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would like to try some, but not sure of any in northeast ohio. If anyone knows any that are great for beginners I would love to know where.

OP
OP
SirEd

SirEd

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
yep, so far mostly dirt fire roads a stock 2wd suv can do. but more recently did some stretches of blue rated (southern california) trails and accidentally did a part of a black diamond trail (probably the easier section).

while iā€™m still learning dimensions and clearance from the driver seat, the blue and black rated trails required spotter for all features. still trying to get a feel of ground clearance and also where the tires track especially with the bulging hood.

was driving a subaru forester before this and only did dirt roads with that one!

23C2A16C-53AA-4E71-8E5D-9D016985C665.jpeg

traction boards were there just in case we needed to bridge / gain more clearance but didnā€™t need them. had a spotter. photo doesnā€™t show how chunky the trail was and how big the dips were but this was very fun!
Great picture. When you say blue rated and black diamond rated are those mountain biking ratings?

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can honestly say I have not yet. I have a reservation tomorrow at Northwest OHV park in Bridgeport Tx. I only have a couple hundred on the odometer, so I'll be only taking green trails. This will be the slowest motorsport that I have participated in.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestOHVPark/

I am charging up the gopros and hope to get some good video.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
I found the limits of the clearance in a few places. Definitely want a better skid plate before doing more rocky trails. Will probably get out in the sand some more though.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Great picture. When you say blue rated and black diamond rated are those mountain biking ratings?
these trails were in big bear california, the ratings are actually for off-road / OHV. the ratings will be shown on a sign at the trail start and will show icons of an atv/ off-road vehicle. not necessarily mountain bike rating.
Sponsored