Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is all good info. Total off-road novice here. I’m getting a rare opportunity to stay in Southampton LI and was all giddy to do beach driving and Sand mode in my Badlands. I just discovered 1) I need a permit, 2) I need to pressure down, 3) I have no gear to make this feasible.
the more you know?
First, nice NBC shout-out. You can easily get small tire fillers that plug into BS. You can get a larger removable one, they make nice contained in box units I've seen. You can also go full install compressor and tank. I removed my spare tire and added compressor tank with hose attachment for air or pneumatic tools. Makes changing a tire a breeze. Just depends on what you feel you'll need and what that value you place on it's importance.
Ford Bronco Sport Off Roading in sand PXL_20210921_180832815
Sponsored

ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took my Badlands onto the Long Island beaches yesterday for the first time (democrats point at Robert Moses). If you have the 4x4 fishing pass just make sure you have all the mandatory supplies, and a pair of recovery boards, one of my buddies got stuck this weekend and had to use these to get him out. i wasn't checked but have seen people get checked before for supplies. As far as compressors this is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I?pd_rd_w=mFLV3&pf_rd_p=4b669301-73fb-4bbc-9a24-97512428ca05&pf_rd_r=QYMEPJAMSC4PPACDK0MX&pd_rd_r=9e80c606-f5df-4bb7-9e68-f4a9c4254bfb&pd_rd_wg=12ulH&pd_rd_i=B005ASY23I&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_8_t

I aired down to about 18, threw the bronco in sand mode and cruised, no issues at all. Just keep an even pressure on the throttle, dont turn too quickly and keep your momentum up!

Ford Bronco Sport Off Roading in sand Bronco on the Beach
A) 6 months later, do you still like the compressor? And;
B) How long does it take to air back up to ~32 with this compressor?

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
First, nice NBC shout-out. You can easily get small tire fillers that plug into BS. You can get a larger removable one, they make nice contained in box units I've seen. You can also go full install compressor and tank. I removed my spare tire and added compressor tank with hose attachment for air or pneumatic tools. Makes changing a tire a breeze. Just depends on what you feel you'll need and what that value you place on it's importance.
Ford Bronco Sport Off Roading in sand PXL_20210921_180832815
Don't forget a ARB Tire Repair Kit as part of your recovery gear, if you're running without a spare.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075CR4J3W/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A) 6 months later, do you still like the compressor? And;
B) How long does it take to air back up to ~32 with this compressor?
Yup, still use the compressor pretty frequently. Id still recommend it. Its pretty quick, compared to other compressors ive had. I would say the entire process of airing up from ~16 to ~33 takes around 2 minutes per tire.

ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yup, still use the compressor pretty frequently. Id still recommend it. Its pretty quick, compared to other compressors ive had. I would say the entire process of airing up from ~16 to ~33 takes around 2 minutes per tire.
Nice…thanks for the info.
Sponsored