rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Bad luck. All windshields are thin today to cut down on the weight to get to the stupid Gov CAFE number.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

Joseph

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
1500 miles and cracked windshield. Come on ford. I won't be able to afford to drive this at that rate.
I have driven my Bronco Sport Big Bend just shy of one year, and have had 4 star shaped cracks repaired caused by small ( pebbles ), that cost me $300. The guy that fixed it said “I have never done 4 at once”, and could not believe how new the vehicle was.
Last week going to work, this is what happened. So small I didn’t hear anything hit, and the crack appeared. I’m sorry but this is a sub par windshield and I am wondering about my safety if anything substantial was to hit it.
I have always driven a Ford and yes some windshields got cracked, but this windshield on the Bronco Sport is …
G A R B A G E. Period. It’s not about following too close, or the angle of the glass, driving speed, or any of it. It’s a thin piece of Garbage. Ford put thin glass that cracks unreasonably in a “Bronco”. Real talk review!
I can not even recommend this as a good commuter vehicle because of the thin fragile windshield.
I don’t get it fixed for free where I live.
The replacement cost is $1600. - $1800+ after the recalibration and install.
Light, Thin, Glass that breaks unreasonably with the slightest of impact.
Once replaced with your genuine OEM glass … it’s just a matter of time, could be the same day, before it happens again.
Sorry, I love my Bronco Sport but this is killing it for me. I believe by now, everyone selling these knows what I’m talking about.
Ford should rectify this and stand by their customers.

Sincerely,

Ford Bronco Sport Now the windshield! 030940A7-9A65-4911-8FFD-EC2B130E98E5

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just so everyone is aware, Ford cannot just make the windshields thinner to save weight or money. The glass specifications are regulated on all sides of the vehicle by our friends in Washington. The front must be laminated using two pieces of glass with a plastic layer in the middle. The rest of the glass must be tempered although more and more are moving to laminated glass on the sides as well to prevent ejections and break ins. Typically the front and rear windows are 5mm thick. The side windows can be thinner as can convertible rear windows.

Ford Bronco Sport Now the windshield! IMG_1036

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It must be CHEAP, thick glass...
Unfortunately, that part is regulated as well. There are certain tests that each window must go through. The tests are different depending on where the glass is positioned on the vehicle. We can all thank Ralph Nader for forcing this. Of course those who like Corvairs, may refrain.
Sponsored