Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I bought these for my '23 OBX. It's January, I'm in Syracuse, NY, and my heated garage is only about 50 degrees. It that too cold to apply these letters?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
Bought these from Etsy. Cleaned off the original letters, wiped them real good with the alcohol pads and let it dry. Put the letters on fairly easy.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20221023_122720

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20221023_123032
Looks Great John!!!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought these for my '23 OBX. It's January, I'm in Syracuse, NY, and my heated garage is only about 50 degrees. It that too cold to apply these letters?
I would personally wait till it is 65 degrees or 60 with sunshine hitting the letters when you apply them. Just my opinion. Others may have more ideas as well. Good luck!

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did the front let year, still haven't decided on the rear color yet. I cut each individual letter and used the dry method.
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals after1.JPG

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
TVD Vinyl Decals has a good color choice. I have their decals on my '19 Ranger and have been very happy with them so far. Their decals use the wet method.

Chrisdeann

Badlands
First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I bought these blue letter decals for our Bronco Sport Badlands. I wanted to cover the letters "BRONCO" in the front on the grill and the letters in the back "BRONCO SPORT" on the back lift gate. I sent a message to the seller on Etsy and asked him if it was best to just install them over the letters dry after I had cleaned the letters on the BS with an alcohol pad or use a wet solution of water/soap in a spray bottle. He told me not to use the wet solution and put them on dry. I just got done and it was a royal PITA to install the letters as they would cling to the plastic letters when I was trying to get them ready to apply. Static electricity I would guess. Then at 68, I am not as steady as I used to be. The letters are not perfectly straight, but not too bad looking. However, I am thinking about a different color as my wife thinks they look to bright on our Area 51 color.
Question to all you experts, what is the best way to apply them and should I of used the wet solution to make things easier? What did you do and can you post pictures too please if you have applied decals on the Bronco letters on your BS?
Thanks very much!!!
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3024
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3028

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Christie! Your message did not come through. Please hit the quote and reply and then type your message and then hit post reply. I see that you might be new to the forum and just trying to help you get your posts to show up!
Thanks and have a great day!!!
Phil

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Hi all, I applied these maroon letters from Diamond Vinyl Decals just after taking delivery of my '22 Badlands last March. I love the way they complement the taillight colors, especially, and the way they stand out and make my car a little unique (as does the carbonized gray roof against the Alto blue body). And maroon is the color of the school where I taught for 37 years before retiring in 2020. The maroon looks red in these images, but it's much darker in person.
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_0617
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_0616

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, I applied these maroon letters from Diamond Vinyl Decals just after taking delivery of my '22 Badlands last March. I love the way they complement the taillight colors, especially, and the way they stand out and make my car a little unique (as does the carbonized gray roof against the Alto blue body). And maroon is the color of the school where I taught for 37 years before retiring in 2020. The maroon looks red in these images, but it's much darker in person.
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_0617
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_0616
Looks great Fred!!!

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Phil. I like your blue letters against the Area 51 background. Hard (impossible?) to get an exact match, though.
I can't recall, but I think I put mine on dry, and it did require some time and patience to achieve the desired result.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Phil. I like your blue letters against the Area 51 background. Hard (impossible?) to get an exact match, though.
I can't recall, but I think I put mine on dry, and it did require some time and patience to achieve the desired result.
Good Morning Fred!
We have another set of letters on order and they are a "Blue Turquoise" color. My wife picked them out and thinks that will match the Area 51 color closer. It that does not work, well I guess we will either get a silver color or maybe a black. The hardest part is putting on the small "Sport" letters, for me anyway. We will try the wet method next with water and a drop of baby shampoo and see how that works. Might be helpful to move the letters around to get a perfect fit. Here we go again...LOL!!!
Have a good day :like:

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best of luck, Phil. I, too, had some trouble with "SPORT", particularly the S. Looks good nonetheless. Take care!

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
The SPORT are a piece of cake compared to the RANGER letters on my dash as they are only 1/4" h x 5/8" w and recessed. I used the wet method to apply them. I used tweezers to dunk them in the soap solution and apply them and a q-tip to position them.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20200502_154829

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPORT are a piece of cake compared to the RANGER letters on my dash as they are only 1/4" h x 5/8" w and recessed. I used the wet method to apply them. I used tweezers to dunk them in the soap solution and apply them and a q-tip to position them.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20200502_154829
I have a 2022 Ranger Tremor and put the decals on the dash as you did. The "sport" on the Bronco was just as much a PITA as the "Ranger" on the dash of my Ranger Tremor. I actually liked the wet method better. Both are a challenge for sure!!!

Ginther

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Maybe ya'll can help. My wife is trying to find a specific color for her BS. She's ordered two different sets from Etsy that claimed to be the color she wants.... but they were not.

She has a Cricut and could probably cut her own if she had the right font and sizing. Does anyone have that info they'd be willing to share with us?

The other option is if any of you can cut them for her for a reasonable price she'd probably be willing to just buy another set.

She wants this color.... This dark purple(ish) oil spill kinda color.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 61FOjv4FSCL._AC_SL1000_

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 71XtUFzORbL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored